Sign in to follow this  
cnc3

Thrust and Reversers at the same time (FSUIPC)

I am experiencing a weird situation with my X55 throttle, FSUIPC5, PD3v4.1 and the PMDG 777. Basically, when I advance the throttle from idle, the speedbrake arms and the reversers deploy, then as I progress the throttle, the reverses go to idle and the normal engine thrust kicks in. Is there some setting I am missing that defines a region of the throttle as 'reversers'? If so, where is it located?

I have controllers disabled in P3D and run everything through FSUIPC. I don't see this with other aircraft (non-PMDG).

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, were you able to fix it?

Cheers!

David Haynes

OK Thanks everyone. I guess its just a localized issue.

Cheers!

David Haynes

Gents,

A gentle reminder that FSUIPC is not required, nor is it recommended by PMDG for any of our products.  Using FSUIPC is a sure fire way to introduce behaviors that are undesired...

Sure, it works for some folks- but it is easily one of the most common, easily resolvable problems we see in tech support.  I wish we could collect a dollar for every customer that comes to use with a problem that is resolved by taking FSUIPC out of the equation. 

We could probably give Paul an extra vacation day next year.  :laugh:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

2 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

A gentle reminder that FSUIPC is not required, nor is it recommended by PMDG for any of our products.  Using FSUIPC is a sure fire way to introduce behaviors that are undesired...

Sure, it works for some folks- but it is easily one of the most common, easily resolvable problems we see in tech support.  I wish we could collect a dollar for every customer that comes to use with a problem that is resolved by taking FSUIPC out of the equation. 

We could probably give Paul an extra vacation day next year.  :laugh:

I have zero issues with FSUIPC+PMDG and would not want to sim without it.  The only reason folks have issues is because they do not read the documentation or take the time to learn how this addon functions.  

\Robert Hamlich/

I couldn't operate all my rotaries, switches and push buttons without it, plus setting up my TQ. Never had a problem using FSUIPC with PMDG products, either in FSX or P3Dv4.

You have to know what you are doing!

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

The 'problem' with FSUIPC is that it is such a multi-functional piece of software that there is almost too much jammed into the users manual to make it palatable for most folks.  I use it too purely because of the ease of changing throttle configurations for each aircraft type.  Fortunately I don't have any issues with any PMDG aircraft, but it hasn't been without some teething problems - more due to my lack of understanding of how to use it properly rather than the software's shortcomings.

Yeah, that's the issue here.

It's important to note that FSUIPC allows people to take very low level control of the sim. Done properly, it's fine. Done improperly, it can cause all kinds of problems. If it were a higher level tool, tailored more to the casual (non-power) user, it likely wouldn't be as well featured to allow people who need it to do all kinds of hardware tricks, but it would also "protect" the larger audience from introducing all kinds of oddities due to not setting it all up properly.

To put it in different terms, using FSUIPC is essentially like setting a pilot - either new and untrained, or pro - in a plane that needs some sort of computer-augmented controls (FBW) in order to fly well, and turning the FBW off to give that pilot as much control as they think they need, and saying "here's a manual, good luck" and assuming nothing will go wrong.

That's my issue with the tool. People think it's there to just give them "extra" control, but that's not it. It's there and able to take full control of anything going into and out of the sim, yet most people don't seem to suspect it as the cause of control weirdness at any point and jump straight to the idea that the issue is with the plane. It's not an illogical assumption (though I'd argue that, if FSUIPC is present, and you have to consciously install it, assuming the plane first isn't the most logical assumption), but like RSR alluded to, the incredibly high number of tickets we get that are resolved by us suggesting that people temporarily re-locate their FSUIPC.ini is worth mentioning.

The tool can be used well, and I've seen all kinds of people use it to do cool stuff with various hardware. All the same, the mostly uneducated (in terms of knowing enough to make FSUIPC work properly) masses who use it usually do more harm to their simming experience than the intended good.

Kyle Rodgers

Well said Kyle.  What I did not understand as a new user of FSUIPC3 way back in the day was that in order for FSUIPC to be used properly one must delete all controller assignments.  It really is an incredible tool.  

\Robert Hamlich/

On 15/11/2017 at 0:53 PM, cnc3 said:

Is there some setting I am missing that defines a region of the throttle as 'reversers'? If so, where is it located?

It's probably just that somehow fsuicp has set the throttles to have a reverse zone. Go to the fsuicp calibration page and make sure the "no reverse zone"check box is checked for both axis. Then do a re-calibration.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.