1st fltsimguy

IRIS Sale in Bargain Hunters

So the sale looks great but I have no idea if their planes will work in P3Dv4, most do not specify if they will work or not.

Does anyone know?

I checked some other threads and another website and I can't get anything on this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Given that each product has the date it was listed...2012/13/14/etc.   Think it's safe to assume that those which specify P3D are for earlier versions, rather than the latest.  All were originally created for FSX.

I use the PC-24 which isn't study level but works great and keeps me busy.

I have the A-10A, T-6B, Grob, CT4F  and C-27J working in P3Dv4.

The CT4F is v4 compatible. For the others, doing a straight install into P3Dv4, the planes will work except for:

1) TacPack items on A-10A. TacPack not available yet for v4

2) Custom sounds for switches, gear levers, etc.

Some panel.cfg editing while replacing the sound gauge file with the 64 bit version makes all the sounds work.

T-6B and C-27J are 2 of my most flown aircraft in v4.

1 hour ago, ClaytonYosten said:

Am I the only one surprised to hear they are working in V4? :cool:

Clay

Not all of them do, for example, the Christen Eagle does not and in fact it crashes P3D V4 if you install it and then fire it up, and you then have to uninstall it to get P3D to fire up again. It's great in FSX, but caveat emptor if you are considering some of them for P3D V4. There may be a workaround, but 'out of the box' it's a no go.

This is helpful folks, thanks.

Narrowing down a short list.

I'm looking at the PC-9A version 3 and it has a Doug Dawson axis control gauge that has not been updated to 64 bit. This one would probably not work either.

The PC-21 should work based on what I am seeing with only the sound gauge needing to be swapped out.

• Upvote 1

Anyone try the PC-24 is a twin-engine business jet? This is the one I want.

Seems like someone did...

5 hours ago, sbague1 said:

I use the PC-24 which isn't study level but works great and keeps me busy.

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Anyone try the PC-24 is a twin-engine business jet? This is the one I want.

1 minute ago, alhefner said:

which isn't study level

Yes thanks.

I wonder what this statement means.

Just now, 1st fltsimguy said:

Yes thanks.

I would take it to mean that getting in the air is kind of simplified. Though most of the cockpit controls work that are required to fly, not everything is set up so that you need to follow detailed steps to do so....

That is just what I would take from the statement though...

5 hours ago, Henry Street said:

I have the A-10A, T-6B, Grob, CT4F  and C-27J working in P3Dv4.

The CT4F is v4 compatible. For the others, doing a straight install into P3Dv4, the planes will work except for:

1) TacPack items on A-10A. TacPack not available yet for v4

2) Custom sounds for switches, gear levers, etc.

Some panel.cfg editing while replacing the sound gauge file with the 64 bit version makes all the sounds work.

T-6B and C-27J are 2 of my most flown aircraft in v4.

How do you get the sound package working with the C-27J?

The PC-24 was one of my favorites in FSX and P3Dv3. Iris did an excellent job! Fingers crossed that it will be made available for P3D4.

38 minutes ago, JeffB said:

How do you get the sound package working with the C-27J?

I'm assuming you have installed the C-27J into the Prepar3d v4 folder (no addon.xml install)...

Download the updated dll file from https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Follow this:

P3Dv4SoundGauge.jpg

50 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

I'm assuming you have installed the C-27J into the Prepar3d v4 folder (no addon.xml install)...

Download the updated dll file from https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Follow this:

P3Dv4SoundGauge.jpg

Excellent!

Its working pretty good. I have switch sounds now, but the engine sounds are hardly there...do you know how to make them louder?

1 minute ago, JeffB said:

Excellent!

Its working pretty good. I have switch sounds now, but the engine sounds are hardly there...do you know how to make them louder?

The engine sounds are standard P3D as far as I know....no issues on my side of things.

Been out and about in the PC-24, very nice plane, everything seems to work.

Glad I got this one.

Bryan

• Upvote 1

I downloaded the PC-24 and pointed it to my P3d V4 install folder and it installed perfectly. Haven't flown yet but took a quick look and started it up. So far, it seems to be working quite well. You'll find that you have just one "panel view" and you'll need to simply pan and zoom around the VC cockpit and click buttons that way though.

1 hour ago, alhefner said:

I downloaded the PC-24 and pointed it to my P3d V4 install folder and it installed perfectly. Haven't flown yet but took a quick look and started it up. So far, it seems to be working quite well. You'll find that you have just one "panel view" and you'll need to simply pan and zoom around the VC cockpit and click buttons that way though.

Yes, I just did a night flight, found it easy to point and click...nice lighting interior as well. There are several good camera views. Although I think I will add one for the overhead panel.

Also did a GTN750 pop-up and it seems to link in OK as well.

• Upvote 1

Just did my own little review of this airplane. Just a short "around the block" flight. didn't mess with the gps or autopilot. Nothing really detailed going on... just firing it up, taking off, and a straight forward landing...

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Yes thanks.

Well what I was trying to say is that it's pretty basic systems wise. I still do enjoy it with Pro Act X which will load my flight plan right in for me.I purchased it for V3 and after purchasing V4 I figured I'd try to install it and after pointing it to the sim it installed flawlessly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sbague1 said:

Well what I was trying to say is that it's pretty basic systems wise. I still do enjoy it with Pro Act X which will load my flight plan right in for me.I purchased it for V3 and after purchasing V4 I figured I'd try to install it and after pointing it to the sim it installed flawlessly.

$20 cant beat that.

• Upvote 1