ssair1

Advice: Orbx Germany South

I have Orbx's LOWI and also LOWS by Digital Design which claims compatibility with Germany South; so, you guys can see where I’m heading with this… Does anyone have Germany South and if yes, please tell me how the performance and visuals are? Especially, the performance?

Best,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Flying P3Dv4, no problems with either, especially performance.  Visuals go without saying.......

I've been puzzled by that claim, because for ORBX Germany South "The area extends from the border of Germany North and extends south to the borders of Switzerland and Austria.", so how might it impact on airports actually within Austria?

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:49 AM, Petraeus said:

I've been puzzled by that claim, because for ORBX Germany South "The area extends from the border of Germany North and extends south to the borders of Switzerland and Austria.", so how might it impact on airports actually within Austria?

Because LOWS is in fact inside the border of GES.  LOWI, however, is not.  Please refer to the kmz representation of GES in Google Earth and you'll see this.

On 05/12/2017 at 5:04 AM, ssair1 said:

I have Orbx's LOWI and also LOWS by Digital Design which claims compatibility with Germany South; so, you guys can see where I’m heading with this… Does anyone have Germany South and if yes, please tell me how the performance and visuals are? Especially, the performance?

Best,

Very good performance and good visual with my config (all sliders on the right). Tested with A2A ga aircrafts, P3Dv4.1. Noticed an elevation problem at EDDS for now. ORBX is aware of that I think...

Regards,

Do you also noticed some stutters? I noticed stutter on still the same places for example when i take off in EDDS rwy 25 short after take off when I fly straight..

8 hours ago, Nico1506 said:

Do you also noticed some stutters? I noticed stutter on still the same places for example when i take off in EDDS rwy 25 short after take off when I fly straight..

There is a difference between stutters and pauses... Scenery loading pauses unfortunately exist at various places in the Orbx world... everyone sees them, at the exact same location.. :wink:

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

There is a difference between stutters and pauses... Scenery loading pauses unfortunately exist at various places in the Orbx world... everyone sees them, at the exact same location.. :wink:

Yes I mean pauses. There is no way to solve this?

I purchased Germany North and South during the last sale by Orbx. It turned by smooth running sim into a slide show. I uninstalled them both. Glad I got them at the 50% off sale. 

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It turned by smooth running sim into a slide show.

I'm guessing your not running a TRS-80? 🙂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I'm guessing your not running a TRS-80? 🙂

VIC 20

1 hour ago, Nico1506 said:

Yes I mean pauses. There is no way to solve this?

Not that I know of.. :unsure: