Sign in to follow this  
gianmarcoragazzoni

TrueGlass and RealLight on PMDG?

Hi, with the advent of P3DV4 and the general 64bit simulation we will soon see these new implementations such as TFDI's TrueGlass and RealLight on our PMDG?
It would be really fantastic and even more immersive.

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

• Upvote 3

It is very possible they'll make their own "version/itteration" of some sorts :).

• Upvote 1

Victor Roos

Keep in mind that, while other developers might have gotten somewhere before us, it doesn't mean that we are incapable of doing it ourselves.

[NOTE: Before the rabid hordes come in with pitchforks claiming I'm downplaying the work of another dev, you should know that I have their products, and definitely support what they do. I do object, however, to the idea that "dev X is first to the mark, so every other dev must certainly depend on dev X."]

• Upvote 6

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Keep in mind that, while other developers might have gotten somewhere before us, it doesn't mean that we are incapable of doing it ourselves.

[NOTE: Before the rabid hordes come in with pitchforks claiming I'm downplaying the work of another dev, you should know that I have their products, and definitely support what they do. I do object, however, to the idea that "dev X is first to the mark, so every other dev must certainly depend on dev X."]

I have to agree with Kyle on this one (not that he needs my endorsement). Although, I also own the TDFi B717 and think that it's a fine piece of work, I don't think that the TrueGlass component is all that revolutionary. What sets it apart from earlier efforts (such as the raindrops in the RealAir Turbine Duke V2 and LM's similar approach with default  P3d4 models) are two features. First, the raindrops respond to moving windscreen wipers and second, the technology is portable and can adapted to any P3d aircraft model. I would be shocked if PMDG couldn't come up with a similar solution for their aircraft.

• Upvote 2

Is it possible to hear rain hitting the cockpit window?

I hope PMDG can add appropriate sounds to match the visual effects.

Imagine these scenarios:-

• Parked and its raining heavily. Can rain be heard hitting the cockpit window/roof? What if I open one of the cockpit windows, be nice to hear rain then.
  • On final approach, heavy rain beating against the cockpit window, wipers are turned on.  Would I hear rain and wiper noise?

I seem to remember seeing a Just Flight DVD years ago and a 777 was on final in a heavy rain storm, I'm sure I heard rain against the window and wiper noise... I might be wrong, but I'll try and find/watch the scene again.

Sound effects to compliment the rain effects would really lift the "immersion" level.... and PMDG is always "next level".... so fingers crossed!

• Upvote 2

Matthew S

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Excellent news, the important thing is to work on it to offer something more to the immersive product. Mine was just an example of the kind of effect that could be implemented in PMDG products. I hope and trust that you work early on this kind of effects ;)

Gianmarco Ragazzoni

Don’t see where in the OP is implied that PMDG is not capable of doing this.

That being said, can’t wait for PMDG to do something with this type of effects..  I’m sure it will be top notch.

• Upvote 2

lol, just seeing the guys at PMDG seething at the notion that someone doubts them in their programming skills!! Now let's just sit back and watch as they come up with effects that have leaves sticking to the windows as the wind blows thru the airport

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Longhaul444 said:

lol, just seeing the guys at PMDG seething at the notion that someone doubts them in their programming skills!! Now let's just sit back and watch as they come up with effects that have leaves sticking to the windows as the wind blows thru the airport

To be fair, no one doubted their programming skills. They just asked if they would be featuring Trueglass and RealLight in their aircraft. It’s not that they couldn’t do it, they definitely could, but we haven’t seen anything from them in this regard and they wanted to know if an already built and tested product would be included in the future.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

To be fair, no one doubted their programming skills. They just asked if they would be featuring Trueglass and RealLight in their aircraft. It’s not that they couldn’t do it, they definitely could, but we haven’t seen anything from them in this regard and they wanted to know if an already built and tested product would be included in the future.

It's all good Milton. I just couldn't miss the opportunity to poke the bears and watch the amazing things they come up with.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Longhaul444 said:

It's all good Milton. I just couldn't miss the opportunity to poke the bears and watch the amazing things they come up with.

PMDG always find a way to impress us, no doubt!

• Upvote 1

I hope PMDG is making FakeWood™. I'd like some wood paneling the -8i cockpit.

Alex Pugh