JumboJet

Return my CV1 for Pimax ?

Hello !

It's been two days that I have my CV1 and I use it with Flyinside, the resolution is a problem in the PMDG 747, do you think it's a good decision to take a Pimax and return my CV1?

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Assuming you are talking about the upcomming Pimax 8K (and not the existing Pimax 4K) then it is kinda hardto advise.

The final version of the 8K hasn't been shown yet, so although it has the potential to be good no-one can say for sure how good it will be.

Also there isn't a definitive date for release yet

It will also be at least double the cost of a rift (if you don't already own a vive).

So basically what you are asking is, should you return the rift and wait an unspecified amount of time for a product yet to be seen and tested in the final form for twice the price.

I have a Pimax 4K but have yet to get it to work with Flyinside or the native P3D VR (any advice would be welcome) it does, however, work like a dream with Elite D, DCS and IL2 BOS and even my 4K has to be seen to be believed vis a vi res and clarity.

3 hours ago, JumboJet said:

Hello !

It's been two days that I have my CV1 and I use it with Flyinside, the resolution is a problem in the PMDG 747, do you think it's a good decision to take a Pimax and return my CV1?

Thanks!

Have you tried native VR, yet?

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

I have a Pimax 4K but have yet to get it to work with Flyinside or the native P3D VR (any advice would be welcome) it does, however, work like a dream with Elite D, DCS and IL2 BOS and even my 4K has to be seen to be believed vis a vi res and clarity.

Easy install for the Pimax 4K, download steam VR for the Vive and also install the latest Piplay software.

Native P3D VR provides the best vision quality although you’ll need to throttle back some of the performance slides depending on your system.

Flyinside has many great features but sadly the vision quality (resolution) even at higher than default settings is unusable in my book because native VR is sooo much better. 

The clear resolution of native P3D VR out weighs the features of Flyinside IMHO.

IM

2 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

What errors do you get in Flyinside or the native P3D VR? im curious to have some feedback on that baby in P3D!

How to use the native P3D v4 vr ? Because when I start the Oculus software and then P3D without Flyinside it doesn't appear in my Oculus.

EDIT : To use the native vr it's just in the menu at the top of the screen... This much better but the Oculus resolution still there... I think I should wait for the Pimax 8K.

I would keep the Oculus, at least until the new Pimax is out and reviewed. I believe the Rift has better compatibility overall. With the incoming XP Native VR, for example, the Oculus Touch controllers should the possibility to perform walkarounds and interact with the aircraft and its switches.

..anybody experienced PIMAX 4K with X-Plane 11 & Flyinside ???

Cheers