Milton Waddams

Aerosoft Anchorage coming to P3D v4!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

7 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Sim-Wings is bringing Anchorage into P3D v4 utilizing all the features that v4 has to offer. Expected release is January!!

That is great news!

What is your source?

Just now, RALF9636 said:

That is great news!

What is your source?

Aerosoft themselves! I posted a link under my original post where it was “announced”.

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

Aerosoft themselves! I posted a link under my original post.

Thanks!

I was really hoping for that one!

Just now, RALF9636 said:

I was really hoping for that one!

Same here! This will go perfectly with PMDG’s 747-8 for us cargo junkies!

It is a great location for all kinds of simmers: Cargo, Pax, Bush and Seaplane, and nestled in beautiful ORBX SAK.

Looking forward very much!

• Upvote 2

I do hope that they give it a facelift though, as it is a pretty dated scenery.

9 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Since they announced it as "Full P3d V4 Features" and not just "Straight Port" I expect to see some updates, but anyway I will be happy with a working Anchorage.

• Upvote 1

This is fantastic news. I have been using the outdated AS/Simwings scenery until P3Dv3, but with v4 this was not possible any more.

4 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Hope we don't have to apply tweaks to get it to work with Orbx SAK.

How about the "enhanced" version that came with Orbx SA?  I found the Aerosoft version to be always on the heavy performance wise.  

Great news, hopefully they'll do Fairbanks too.  Flying the Everts DC-6 between PANC and PAFA is one of my favorite hops.

4 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

How about the "enhanced" version that came with Orbx SA?  I found the Aerosoft version to be always on the heavy performance wise.  

I've been working on the AFCAD for the Orbx SA PANC for weeks now.  Basically, the Orbx airport is missing the extended 07R, outdated numbering for 15/33, incorrect taxiway routing in and around SW end of terminal apron, and the cargo ramps are very wrong.  I hope to finish the airport file before Aerosoft releases their PANC.... what are the odds of that?

Which ORBX Region that covers PANC should I buy (still 45% off)?

Thanks 

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

Which ORBX Region that covers PANC should I buy (still 45% off)?

Thanks 

SAK Southern Alaska

Hi All

I got Fairbanks X to work in P3Dv4.1-all seemed good-flown it a few times now combined with some RTMM AddOns-AI Traffic and BWEP .

Well worth a try if you already have it

Dutch Harbour not so good esp in winter settings but might suit temporary /occasional use.

xxd09

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I've been working on the AFCAD for the Orbx SA PANC for weeks now.  Basically, the Orbx airport is missing the extended 07R, outdated numbering for 15/33, incorrect taxiway routing in and around SW end of terminal apron, and the cargo ramps are very wrong.  I hope to finish the airport file before Aerosoft releases their PANC.... what are the odds of that?

Hey Dan, I would still use your AFCAD fwiw! Thanks!

cheers

-E

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I will buy an aerosoft airport before I buy an orbx airport. The fact that Orbx airports don't have working gates is a turn off for me personally.

1 hour ago, YukonPete said:

I will buy an aerosoft airport before I buy an orbx airport. The fact that Orbx airports don't have working gates is a turn off for me personally.

Orbx has some of the nicest detailed airports. I picked up KEGE, KPSP, and KBZN during the sale and the FPS and details are great. I don’t let something as trivial as working gates stop me from purchasing. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, BrianW said:

Great news, hopefully they'll do Fairbanks too.  Flying the Everts DC-6 between PANC and PAFA is one of my favorite hops.

You and me both! Hearing about ANC finally being updated made my night. The PMDG 747 and DC-6 are severely lacking without Anchorage and Fairbanks. 

PANC will be a great addition to the PMDG 747-8 seeing it's a major cargo hub.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

PANC will be a great addition to the PMDG 747-8 seeing it's a major cargo hub.

LOL ...Dan with you and another mentioning how great an addition this would be with the PMDG 747-8, and me not cruising their forums for a while I was thinking they made some sort of announcement about the -8 being close.

Hehe..I should have known better.  It's the holidays and it looks like Robert hasn't made any earth shattering announcements since Nov. 15 when he advised us to "don't wander too far off."  I'm sure they're on holiday mode and there is no way they're releasing the -8 before Christmas, which he noted that its not even in testing yet...and we know how long they take to test (not a bad thing mind you).

I think the best we can hope for from them is a few teaser shots before Christmas, and maybe flying it into a new P3DV4 PANC at the end of next summer (or before next Christmas!).

I'm really waiting for PANC too....its one of my favorite places to fly into and out of as a freightdog too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Orbx has some of the nicest detailed airports. I picked up KEGE, KPSP, and KBZN during the sale and the FPS and details are great. I don’t let something as trivial as working gates stop me from purchasing. 

Can't really call any airport that in the real world has moving gates  ''The nicest detailed Airports." When they don't move in P3D/XP/FSX etc..   Its missing one of the most important animations!   You might think working gates are trivial but myself and plenty of others don't! Some of us like to simulate as real as possible with gate to gate flights using GSX etc....  Just because you think working gates are trivial doesn't make it any less valuable.  

• Upvote 1