Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

CaptainSim 757 Released!

I just completed a flight from FSDT KORD to FB KIAD using ASP4 and flew into a snowstorm on-going in the Wash DC area but landed safely.  The FSUIPC log stated:

Minimum frame rate was 17.3 fps, Maximum was 58.1 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 6113 secs = 33.2 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 218 aircraft
Memory managed: 3742 Allocs, 3741 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I did have some problems with the FMC in that it had a difficult time getting to FL420 and, when I changed the cruise to FL400, it still continued to climb to FL420 and even though it got to FL420. The TC (top of climb) would not go away and it continued to climb even past FL420.  It went away after hitting the TD point and descent was at around 3500 (Dive! Dive!).  Does not seem the FMC wants to change the speed as shown in the FMC.  FMC will show 240 but, when I open up the speed, it is showing 320 or higher and won't go down unless I do it manually.  Eventually, everything gets on line correctly near the approach and, when I hit APP, it's Land 3 and the landing is perfecto.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hmm... given these recent reports, I'm moving away from the "Buy now" to the "I'll think about it..."

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

After looking at all the Twitch and Youtube videos posted of the CS757, I quickly knew it wasn't a buy for me.  And the $75 price tag helped a lot too.  If you know what to pay attention to, it was very much apparent it was the same old CS757 with updated textures.  Had CS been a bit more realistic on pricing (meaning some sort of discount for previous owners), I would have taken one for the team and bought it now and waited for the fixes to come.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

40 minutes ago, DylanC said:

After looking at all the Twitch and Youtube videos posted of the CS757, I quickly knew it wasn't a buy for me.  And the $75 price tag helped a lot too.  If you know what to pay attention to, it was very much apparent it was the same old CS757 with updated textures.  Had CS been a bit more realistic on pricing (meaning some sort of discount for previous owners), I would have taken one for the team and bought it now and waited for the fixes to come.

I doubt its the old 757. Its more in depth.  Plus it was even claimed that it was coded from scratch. So your saying its an outright lie?  

Most of the issues described above are acknowledged as "known issues" and I would assume will be taken care of.  The forum has bug lists and suggestions. None of which I thick are deal breakers in the least. When something doesnt work properly, do as real world pilots do.... manually manage the MCP or heaven forbid hand fly it. Still fun to fly. Im confident they will address the outstanding issues. They have generated quite some interest. 

http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1514915869

Edited by HighTowers
added bug list link.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

This topic really needs to be moved to the P3D forum and the title changed as this is not a Beta but a full release.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

I doubt its the old 757. Its more in depth.  Plus it was even claimed that it was coded from scratch. So your saying its an outright lie?  

Most of the issues described above are acknowledged as "known issues" and I would assume will be taken care of.  The forum has bug lists and suggestions. None of which I thick are deal breakers in the least. When something doesnt work properly, do as real world pilots do.... manually manage the MCP or heaven forbid hand fly it. Still fun to fly. Im confident they will address the outstanding issues. They have generated quite some interest. 

http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1514915869

Never claimed that CS lied. My statement was only my opinion that the aircraft is not for me right now based on what I've seen from people who have bought it.  

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Everything was sounding wonderful, until this useful post from Erich! ..... Sound is a critical part of the immersion for me, so with no knob, button, ambient sounds, this one definitely isn't going on my list just yet.

Hopfully they'll improve things, but then CS have not previously been strong in the ambient sounds area.

[EDIT :   Just read on, that this may be a bug, and button sounds etc, are supposed to be there].

This statement is not accurate. It has some things that need to be worked on, but the engine sounds and cockpit environment sound great to me.

It does have some VNAV issues, but not anything that would keep me from flying the aircraft.  Mainly it will bust the 250kts below 10,000 even if it is set up in the VNAV page.

I normally takeoff with the V2+ speeds and bug-up manually after takeoff. That way I can be well under the speed restriction and work my way to it. So I don't use VNAV until I am over 10,000ft.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks alot, Eric for the feedback and contribution. Deeply appreciated. I'm approaching the Buy Now button... Still, the sound 'issues' which you describe is a bit unnerving. The sound factor is a huge immersion factor. I leaned and experienced that with the FSLabs. 

How's the engine sound - from startup to shutdown?

As far as I know it won't! This is only for Prepar3D V4.

Stop it! My credit card don't like this. :biggrin:

Thanks all.

I can see no "sound issues" with the CS757.  Sounds great to me both inside the cockpit or outside.

I'm having some studder issues with my P3Dv4 install, but it is with all the aircraft.

12 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

As far as I know it won't! This is only for Prepar3D V4.

13 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Thanks Anders

Truthfully,

I find this a delightful aircraft to fly. I wont go as far to say that it is perfect...cause it isnt. That being said, I actually find this to be the best modern aircraft offering from Captain Sim. I did a flight from BIKF-KJFK then KJFK-KSFO and found no real dealbreaker issues. 

The biggest complaint I have seen on these forums is the $75 dollar USD price tag. I am not so naive to believe that this is cheap, cause it isnt. Based on our current employment or income levels will obviously determine if its worth it or not. 

I will not get into the debate on whether or not this is a good comparison to the QWSim offering as I enjoyed that one as well. But compared to the previous version of the CS757 this one is far and away a much better offering. 

I am personally a HUGE fan of the 757 (As I used to work for Northwest Airlines back in the day and we had a large fleet of them) and the 757/767 was the last of the pretty aircraft that were built by ANY manufacturer. So for me, the $75 was worth it and is pretty much inline with most offerings this day.

• Upvote 2

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I agree Brian.  It's by far the best thing CS has put out in a long time.  There's nothing to stop you enjoying it now.  There are no show stoppers that would confine it to the hangar, not that i've found, and i've been on a few beta testing teams in the past.  

Of course, as long as you remember to put plenty of fuel in it..

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

'Fraid not Brian.  To be honest it's not that bad but there are some things that need to be looked at - the Map light is inop.  To use the FMC you have to turn the Flood or Dome lights on.  The key pad is not lit.  I can't find a way to change the brightness of the HSI or ND. You can the EICAM.  The Radio panel also needs the Flood or Dome to read - no lit keys.  Strangely though they have made a good job of the Overhead.  The FO has no control over his own lights.

What was worrying was I flew stock KMCO - stock CYUL.  The frame rates started to drop as the flight progressed.  By the time I was on Finals for 24R they were fluctuating between 13 and 4 :(

Another thing that will have to be addressed urgently is the Fuel Flow.  At FL410 with zero wind I was burning 6.4t, I'd say around 50% too much.

I'm thinking there may have been something gone wrong during your install. As far as CS screenshots on their website are concerned, the key pad is lit as should be case with the pedestal and its switches. Is it true for the real aircraft that the F/O has no control over their own lights or is this an issue with the addon?

I find it a bit worrying that they got some essential numbers wrong, like the fuel burn as you say as well as other things like the engine start up spool. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, signmanbob said:

This statement is not accurate.

Did you miss the big bold writing at the end of my post that said [EDIT], and went on to say that CS have suggested the missing sounds are a bug, experienced only by some ?  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Did you miss the big bold writing at the end of my post that said [EDIT], and went on to say that CS have suggested the missing sounds are a bug, experienced only by some ?  :biggrin:

Well, that's good. I'm sorry I missed that. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because my sound is great. The engines don't have a default sound at all.  It sounds like a TSS package (which it is), and all of the switches sound and work fine.

The landing and taxi lights look excellent also.  It was just starting to get dark because of a snow storm and I was pleasantly surprised when I turned on the taxi lights.

I can see that there are some issues with it that need work, but that is usually the case unless your name is PMDG, FSL, Majestic or VRS. I believe everyone will be buying this once they get it completely bug-free. It will be a really nice aircraft. Those who are pausing because of the cost may want to hold off until they get it right completely.

• Upvote 1

What’s VRS?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators