Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

CaptainSim 757 Released!

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I purchased it and it is an awesome aircraft.  Well worth even $100!!  For one you can go into the cabin with real images and it is a real window frame when you look out the window and not just a view of the wing.  You can view all around the cabin during the flight.  There is a remote for the TV (okay, eye-candy).  I just finished a flight from KLAS to KSFO and it flew without a flaw.  Once you have a flight plan saved in the CDU, you can, in the future, use the Request function to get the plan.  You use the Request function to get the parameters of weights and balances.  One of the best features is the fact the nose wheels landed on the center line of the runway and STAYED there.  No pulling to the right or left (which is horribly unrealistic).  Smooth landing with real weather (ASP4).  Instead of hitting a screw on the panel, you hit the EPR button for AP.  There are a ton of views in the VC, the cabin and the exterior.  I am really impressed.

The price of this aircraft is in line with previous purchases.  Yes, it would have been nice to get $10 off for being a previous owner of the 757 but this was made specifically for P3DV4 and it cannot be installed anywhere else.  It appears the developers used the technologies available in DX11.  The FPS were very good.  Here's the FSUIPC log of my flight:

Minimum frame rate was 15.8 fps, Maximum was 66.4 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 2335 secs = 33.1 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 183 aircraft
Memory managed: 1103 Allocs, 1102 Freed

When I went on the site I did not see this as a beta product but the base version.  They are working on the extensions which, based on past purchases, will be $19.99 each.  It is in line with today's pricing and not 5-10 years ago.  

The only thing I did not like was the fact there is only two paints and you have to figure out the trim yourself.  Everything else is about the same as that in any PMDG aircraft.  In past renditions, CS had a real cabin but it was difficult to impossible to be there as a simulated passenger.  Many posts were made to get the cabin to work.  Well, it works!

Best regards,

Jim

HI Jim was the average frame rate I'm guessing like 20? at a add-on airport say  like flightbeam or flytampa with some ai traffic? have the same cpu. looking great so far thanks for the review.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I purchased it tonight and did a flight from Leipzig to Gatwick, I really liked it.  Give that it is still in a beta phase, it did everything it was supposed to do and I was more than surprised that it maintained a VNAV path really well. 

Ther were a few bugs but I’m sure they’ll be fixed soon enough.  The sounds though ....yuk....not well done at all in my opinion,

Other than that, more than impressed with what I found compared to what I was expecting,  This will be a great aircraft once it’s a 1.0 ( and has a new sound set) 

39 minutes ago, Silverbird said:

HI Jim was the average frame rate I'm guessing like 20? at a add-on airport say  like flightbeam or flytampa with some ai traffic? have the same cpu. looking great so far thanks for the review.

Hi Cesar,

I'm confused.  My "review" indicates 33 fps.  The flight was from FSDT KLAX to FB KSFO and with Ultimate Terrain 2 and ASP4 weather.  My review states there were 183 AI aircraft during the session.  Max fps was 66.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

10 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Give that it is still in a beta phase

I am having a difficult time finding anything that states it is in beta.  The manual does not state that and I see nothing on the site where you purchase the product.  It would be false advertising wouldn't it to sell a product without telling the consumer it is under beta?  Hopefully you just got your info it was in beta from the title of this topic (which is wrong).  It might state this on their facebook page but not on their site and facebook information means nothing.  I do agree the sounds are not great but might be a problem with my sound configurations (just flew it once).  The sounds don't make so much noise in the cabin where you cannot think and have problems sometimes hearing ATC and I think that's good.  I did hear good quality sounds when the landing gear was lowered.  Maybe we need to turn up the engine sounds for P3D.  Mine were turned down as I cannot handle all of the noise in the cockpit (and then too when you go to wingview).  I wish you would list the bugs you found as it is confusing to me and I would think our membership when we don't know or see the bugs you are talking about.  Perhaps they are not "bugs" to us.  Personally, I had no issues other than it was the first time I flew a 757 since one was released for FSX and I was using my memory from several years ago on the operation of the aircraft.  It does have a very comprehensive manual and tutorial.  I'm sure there will be bugs as there always is with CS aircraft but they usually get them fixed quickly.  Meanwhile, IMHO, it's a very complete and flyable aircraft.

2 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Nice review.There are actually several paints accessed from their ACE interface. Little weird to figure out but they're there!

Thanks for your comments and the fact there are several paints available.  Found them!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

36 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Hi Cesar,

I'm confused.  My "review" indicates 33 fps.  The flight was from FSDT KLAX to FB KSFO and with Ultimate Terrain 2 and ASP4 weather.  My review states there were 183 AI aircraft during the session.  Max fps was 66.

Best regards,

Jim

Thank's Jim its crazy around the house here with the kids lol thank you sounds great.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi Folks,

A decent first impressions video is up...

Regrds,

Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Going to give this video a chance but the first 3 minutes is a still picture and music. lol

edit: The video was live streamed which explains the still 3 minute photo and music. Start it at 3 minutes

• Upvote 2

Richie Walsh

Excellent Scott!  The throttle shaking is not the fault of CS (if you noticed it shaking wildly).  Just pull the throttle on your controller back when in AP mode.  In AP mode you do not need to manage the throttle.  Engine sounds were better than on my first flight.  I will have to check out my settings. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

So far, I have found this plane to be delightful. I am finishing up my 2nd flight with it now and so far, no huge complaints. A few features added would be nice, but all in all, a very nice addition to my V4 hangar.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

12 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I am having a difficult time finding anything that states it is in beta.  The manual does not state that and I see nothing on the site where you purchase the product.  It would be false advertising wouldn't it to sell a product without telling the consumer it is under beta? 

Okay, so I understood it to be nothing else other than beta,  based on various fora commentaries and statements - and I purchased it on that basis.  Captain Sim put out a clarifying statement yesterday to confirm it is indeed a V1.0.

That aside, I don't really mind what they call it.  As long as they are serious about making it a better product.  They seem to have a pretty organised bug report system on their forum which is a good thing.  Overall,  I like it and look forward to improvements as they are made available.

As I said, it did what it was supposed to do relatively well - which is the least I expected from a $75 price tag - although was expecting far less - , given their patchy history and the fact that I assumed it was a beta.

• Upvote 1

I paid over €100 for the FSLabs Airbus last week and I haven't even been able to look around the cockpit because of immediate CTDs, so that's looking like the biggest waste of money ever in (my) simming history.  Right now I'd happily swap that for having paid a mere $75.00 on the new CS 757, even with a few warts.

So what's the grand verdict? Is this plane worth the $75?
I'm a little on the fence about this. Captain Sim haven't the best reputation and my previous purchases haven't been that great...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, Holdit said:

I paid over €100 for the FSLabs Airbus last week and I haven't even been able to look around the cockpit because of immediate CTDs, so that's looking like the biggest waste of money ever in (my) simming history.  Right now I'd happily swap that for having paid a mere $75.00 on the new CS 757, even with a few warts.

Go to the Fslabs forums for support. I did numerous flights without a single hiccup.

jos

With respect to the sounds, I have noted (after watching a handful of YouTube videos of this plane) that the thrust reverser "roar" activates instantly after touchdown, rather than a gradual build up as the thrust increases. Surely that is incorrect?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, beep747 said:

Go to the Fslabs forums for support. I did numerous flights without a single hiccup.

jos

Done, that, raised a ticket too, provided all required information, been waiting a week now for a response despite chase-ups.  Imagine someone will be in touch soon and the delay has been due to the Christmas holidays...hopefully...but it's very frustrating and messed up my planned Christmas flying time. It's a lot of money to spend on something that flat out doesn't work, something I've experienced with no other add-on ever (apart from FTX Central's occasional hissy-fits).