Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Wanted - a more realistic Ai package than MyTrafficPro

6 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Of note about UTL not having cargo? That's totally false, it doesn't include FedEx or UPS (available however with a simple add-on here in the library)  and some DHL but otherwise has plenty of cargo. 

I've located and downloaded the 3rd-party FedEx and UPS schedule files [utlive_fdx_ups_addon_schedules] to which I presume you're referring, but I can't find P3Dv4 compatible cargo AI airplane models and/or repaints (as suggested in the install directions) in this or any other library (such as AIG). Or once the schedules are installed in UTLive, can existing FedEx and UPS aircraft be selected using existing UTL files? (Suitable choices didn't appear in the UTL control panel after selecting FDX in the panel's Carrier menu). Could you point me in the right direction?

Maury Pratt

32 minutes ago, Maury Pratt said:

I've located and downloaded the 3rd-party FedEx and UPS schedule files [utlive_fdx_ups_addon_schedules] to which I presume you're referring, but I can't find P3Dv4 compatible cargo AI airplane models and/or repaints (as suggested in the install directions) in this or any other library (such as AIG). Or once the schedules are installed in UTLive, can existing FedEx and UPS aircraft be selected using existing UTL files? (Suitable choices didn't appear in the UTL control panel after selecting FDX in the panel's Carrier menu). Could you point me in the right direction?

Go to the FAIB web site Maury. Also I highly recommend FS Painter, even though some of the models are payware ie : B777 series.

FAIB have the 767 and 747,737 and A320 all freeware and great looking models, All the above is P3DV4 compatible.

Edit: Heaps of repaints available for the above models at various websites and here at Avsim.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

18 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not really as that only shows the state of things. I really want to know why aircraft sit so long at a gate before departing. In reality aircraft fly in, unload the pax, refuel and are airborne again within 1-2 hrs. That is not what I'm seeing with MT. In the real world are all the terminal gates fully occupied at LPPT throughout the day? I can never get a stand when I arrive.

"Taking interactivity to a new level, through STB you can monitor approach airspace and automatically resolve conflicts that might otherwise result in go-arounds, dynamically optimize your traffic volumes across airports for the best possible performance, follow a flight from departure airport to destination and order flights to begin departure procedures immediately.   Arrival airspace not busy enough?  No problem, with STB you can create new arrival flights instantly using the arrival schedule for the airport.  Old favorites like View AI and Delete AI are included too."

Not just observing. Several interactive features. You indicated you would arrive and all gates occupied etc. This allows you to immeditately  order departure procedures for AI.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

3 hours ago, Maury Pratt said:

I can't find P3Dv4 compatible cargo AI airplane models and/or repaints (as suggested in the install directions) in this or any other library (such as AIG). 

UTL already comes with V4 A300 and A310, as well as a B757. But I'd recommend using the V4 version of the AIG model available in their forums. While there you can get V4 models for many others as well. Don't forget the FSP MD11 for FSX which is available here in the library  and repaints are available here at a temp site while the main is being upgraded. ftp://kamjunke.remotewebaccess.com/fc75/ 

It does require some time and elbow grease, but the results are far better than what you can buy for AI.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

9 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Awesome!

I am away from my PC this weekend thus cannot check this out right now so please let me ask these questions:

Will it also work with UTL (so no bgl traffic files)?

Can you add the Gate Reservation Feature of WAMA into this tool? It would fit in there much better than into WAMA.

I am still grateful you added that feature to WAMA of course and I still use it for Airline flights. But the main feature of WAMA is more relevant for General Aviation (where I happily use it) and I would keep WAMA off for my Airline flights if it wasn't for the gate reservation.

Best regards,

Ralf

Hello Ralf,

not sure if it is even necessary in UTL. The UT products shouldn't inject those sleepers in the first place, but I don't really know. I will check it out later today when I am (hopefully) flying in my sim.

Gate reservation: that may seem like a small feature in WAMA, but it isn't. Programming effort was about 40 hours IIRC. Besides, as a general principle I don't just suddenly give away stuff for free that people have already paid for.

As for the main feature of WAMA (I'm assuming that you are talking about the "fleet parking space" database) being irrelevant for airliners - that depends on what kind of pilot you are. Take me for example, I don't have the time or the nerve to operate airliner flights realistically. I am lucky if I can manage to use my sim for its intended purpose once in a week. But I like to fly tubes from time to time, and then I like it that they still are where I left them. So for me that feature is a bonus in all situations. On my virtual home base of choice (LIEO) there are only two gates left for AI, the rest of the gates and most of the parking spaces are occupied by my own fleet :o)

Maybe I should add yet another feature to WAMA, where the airliner that you flew in on departs automatically to its next destination an hour later (= a variation of the fleet transfer feature). Or at least changes the gate at the airport at random, so when you get back from your hotel the next day, the plane is in a different spot. On second thought, probably not such a good idea.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

19 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Ralf,

not sure if it is even necessary in UTL. The UT products shouldn't inject those sleepers in the first place, but I don't really know. I will check it out later today when I am (hopefully) flying in my sim.

Gate reservation: that may seem like a small feature in WAMA, but it isn't. Programming effort was about 40 hours IIRC. Besides, as a general principle I don't just suddenly give away stuff for free that people have already paid for.

As for the main feature of WAMA (I'm assuming that you are talking about the "fleet parking space" database) being irrelevant for airliners - that depends on what kind of pilot you are. Take me for example, I don't have the time or the nerve to operate airliner flights realistically. I am lucky if I can manage to use my sim for its intended purpose once in a week. But I like to fly tubes from time to time, and then I like it that they still are where I left them. So for me that feature is a bonus in all situations. On my virtual home base of choice (LIEO) there are only two gates left for AI, the rest of the gates and most of the parking spaces are occupied by my own fleet :o)

Maybe I should add yet another feature to WAMA, where the airliner that you flew in on departs automatically to its next destination an hour later (= a variation of the fleet transfer feature). Or at least changes the gate at the airport at random, so when you get back from your hotel the next day, the plane is in a different spot. On second thought, probably not such a good idea.

Best regards

All good points. 

Regarding UTL the tool would in any case allow to alter the balance between static and moving traffic which would be appreciated. So I'm looking forward to see if that works.

16 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

1. Keep in mind that with PSXseecon traffic you are relying on FR data. There is no radar or ads-b coverage over the oceans which is important to many and also

2. not all airports have ground transponder operations. Traffic will disappear on landing and appear only when lining up on the active to depart.

Hi Dave,

ad 1) That's not correct, PSXseeconTraffic also works over oceans. Just like in the FlightRadar 24 app

ad 2) That's correct. However, there are a lot of airports that force transponders to be on while taxing. For instance at EHAM, EKCH, EDDF and KLAX to name a few major airports.

Nico

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Gerard,

not sure if it is already there, but maybe Kiek would be inclined to add a "this is me" button. This button would suppress the assigned real world flight so that the simulator pilot can take its place. 

This doesn't make any sense in my app, but it might in his. At least a pilot could get proper slots for taxi, departure or landing. Ideally your own aircraft would be transported right to were the real world plane was.

All of this is only a few lines of code.

Best reagrds

Hello Lorby,

Suppressing the real world flight is easy to do, but why would you? Then you are on your own ...  and you have to listen closely to (several) live ATC channels (if available) for your instructions to push back, taxi and so on. .. If you want to fly a real world flight It is a lot easier to just follow the real world flight! If you come to close to a live aircrfat it wil temporaraly disappear so there are no risks of collisions. 

Finding a slot in a landing queue is not difficult at all, while

A) in a sim you can follow an aircraft at a closer distance, 

B) not all airports have such busy landing queues, and

C) if you come to close to your predecessor or an aircraft behind you is geting to close it wlll disappear.

Regards,

Nico

6 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Not just observing. Several interactive features. You indicated you would arrive and all gates occupied etc. This allows you to immeditately  order departure procedures for AI.

Thanks but If you've followed the discussion you'll see I now have a viable solution in a utility that will delete Ai that aren't due to depart for several hours. That will free up gates otherwise occupied.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Gerard,I'm afraid that you misunderstand me, that is not what I meant.

What I am proposing is being able to trade places with the real flight. Assume I am approaching EDDF and I see LH492 near me, going there too. Then I would like to tell the program that from now on I am LH492. It then removes the real flight,

Hi Lorby,

If you see LH492 near you, you simply stear towards it and it will disappear automatically as soon as the lateral distance between you and the LH492 becomes less than 3 nm and the vertical distance less then 800 feet. Then you have taken the "spot" of LH492.

Nico

On 11-1-2018 at 10:36 PM, pmb said:

It's just fascinating to see the real traffic as is. That means in the air. Ground traffic cannot be taken from the life planes as they have their transponders off on ground. So it's done by heuristic routines, which work more or less. I saw planes misplaced on ground, but this is supposedly unavoidable.

No that's not correct.... At a lot of airports (especially in Europe?) planes do not switch their transponders off on the ground and you will see aircraft starting at a gate, taxiing to the runway and lining up, or vice versa, leaving the landing runway and taxiing to a gate.

I get position data of real traffic every 9 seconds (as well for ground traffic as airborne traffic) so a lot of algorithms are (always) needed in PSXseeconTraffic to make the plane go smooth in the right direction with the published groundspeed and to cater for a missing data position. Offcourse sometimes there are errors in the data and then you will 'get garbage in garbage' out..., but mostly it works fine.Try EHAM or EDDF for instance.

If I no longer have position data for an aircraft I have to remove it from your sim, no heuristic routines.. 

Nico

17 minutes ago, kiek said:

No that's not correct.... At a lot of airports (especially in Europe?) planes do not switch their transponders off on the ground and you will see aircraft starting at a gate, taxiing to the runway and lining up, or vice versa, leaving the landing runway and taxiing to a gate.

I get position data of real traffic every 9 seconds (as well for ground traffic as airborne traffic) so a lot of algorithms are (always) needed in PSXseeconTraffic to make the plane go smooth in the right direction with the published groundspeed and to cater for a missing data position. 

Thanks for correcting. I recall early forum discussions on PSXSeecontraffic just convincing me to the opposite, i.e. transponders are (usually) off on ground. But my brain gets old, perhaps I just misunderstood something.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi David,

I've loaded the DLL and positioned my aircraft at LPPT at 11:00 Local. I've disabled FSUIPC from limiting the Ai traffic to 150 aircraft.

There were 57 aircraft shown in STB for departure. AiDelete's default time setting was 24 hours so I kept pressing 5 until it was down to 8. There were a number of aircraft due to depart within 9 hours so I expected those to be removed. They weren't.

Then I thought about the refresh time. I reduced it by 30 secs a couple of times as that would probably delete those aircraft. However, after pressing it a third time P3D crashed with an ntdll.dll error. Not sure of the reason for this. I'll replicate the steps and see if it's reproducible.

Tried loading P3D a couple of times now and it's crashing with the same P3D has stopped working message. I'm going to remove the DLL and see how it goes.

Removed the DLL and P3D loads fine. Looks as though there's some incompatibility with P3D. Strange how it loaded okay first time though.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

20 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I had a quick chat with Pete D about that and it's something he may look at but with no assurance or timescale. But removing those aircraft injected far too early would certainly help things.

Hi Ray,

Unfortunately, whilst it is easy to get the departure time for database traffic (like MT6/MTPro), there's no data for injected aircraft like that from UT2 and UTlive. And the latter, at least, is far worse than MT6 at having traffic sitting at gates early. In fact I've never really noticed it as a problem with MT6 -- I would have thought the AI creation code in the Sim would add the traffic according to its scheduled departure time, with perhaps only a hour to spare.  I wonder why it is there so early?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen