Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

FSL A320 update coming next few days

FSLabs has an excellent product but horrible communication. Aerosoft communicates a lot but busts all deadlines. And the product is... Oh well. My bottom line with all this is that my (Prepar3D) money will go exclusively to PMDG in the future. Period. 

• Upvote 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

What effort  Wayne? 4 months!!!!, go over to Aerosofts A320, it's an update from the boss every week. Is once a month asking to much? or to much effort?

Dear David,

I appreciate your need to have more frequent updates. You are correct, we're not that great in providing them, indeed, and that's my fault mainly. We're putting most of our efforts in the work itself and we could do better with more frequent updates.

At least, we hope that the updates themselves should reward that patience.

• Upvote 20

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Just now, lefteris said:

Dear David,

I appreciate your need to have more frequent updates. You are correct, we're not that great in providing them, indeed, and that's my fault mainly. We're putting most of our efforts in the work itself and we could do better with more frequent updates.

At least, we hope that the updates themselves should reward that patience.

I don't question your work Lefteris for one second. I could not be a bigger fan. If you asked me to help in anyway I would jump at the chance given the silly amount of hours I spent in your A320. 

I just hope you can take on board my criticism as constructive. Because really that's how I meant it but probably come across as a rant out of frustration.

Thank you for the reply.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

FSLabs has an excellent product but horrible communication. Aerosoft communicates a lot but busts all deadlines. 

Excellent point, Carlo. I wish Mathjis spend less time on their forums :-) He's like Mr. Trump and his Twitter

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, lefteris said:

We're putting most of our efforts in the work itself and we could do better with more frequent updates.

Lefteris, thank you for acknowledging this. As others have said, your programming speaks for itself and is of the highest caliber. I hope you guys are able to raise your communications to the same level. No need for an update every week, but updates each month or so would be a great start. Your update today was excellent, candid and highly informative. A great model!

James

• Upvote 1

I have a question and I'm just trying to understand. Last week it was mentioned that an update to the A320 would be released this week. Here we are Thrusday and FSLabs makes an announcement that they were planning to release today but now it's being delayed for a few more days, possible due to P3Dv4.2. So my question is when did they find out that 4.2 was about to be released? Surly it wasn't last night because the 4.2 news has been out for a few days now. Not that it matters but was it really going to release this week? 

On a positive note I am looking forward to the updates. Didn't see anything in the change log talking about overall performance improvement. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I have a question. Last week it was mentioned that an update to the A320 would be released this week. Here we are Wednesday and FSLabs makes an announcement that they were planning to release today but now it's being delayed for a few more days, possible due to P3Dv4.2. So my question is when did they find out that 4.2 was about to be released? Surly it wasn't last night because the 4.2 news has been out for a few days now. Not that it matters but was it really going to release this week? 

On a positive note I am looking forward to the updates. Didn't see anything in the change log talking about overall performance improvement. 

Who knows, maybe 4.2 was due to be released by now and that's what's been delayed, could be a completely different reason. But at the end of the day its just a few more days

3 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I have a question. Last week it was mentioned that an update to the A320 would be released this week. Here we are Wednesday and FSLabs makes an announcement that they were planning to release today but now it's being delayed for a few more days, possible due to P3Dv4.2. So my question is when did they find out that 4.2 was about to be released? Surly it wasn't last night because the 4.2 news has been out for a few days now. Not that it matters but was it really going to release this week? 

Hi Dan,

It's mentioned in the 5th and 6th lines of the changelog:

General:
    - Sanity checks for Prepar3D settings compatibility
    - Crash when P3D water = ultra resolved
    - Crash when VR menu was selected resolved
    - Crash on P3D exit resolved
    - Overall fluidity and stability improvements
    - Overall performance improvements
    - Elevation loader precaching logic added
    - Solar library calculation improvements

Just now, Litmoose said:

Who knows, maybe 4.2 was due to be released by now and that's what's been delayed, could be a completely different reason. But at the end of the day its just a few more days

I have no problems with a few more days. I just think the communication was off. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, tumtiddle said:

Hi Dan,

It's mentioned in the 5th and 6th lines of the changelog:

Thanks, I missed that part. 

Dan

49 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I have a question and I'm just trying to understand. Last week it was mentioned that an update to the A320 would be released this week. Here we are Thrusday and FSLabs makes an announcement that they were planning to release today but now it's being delayed for a few more days, possible due to P3Dv4.2. So my question is when did they find out that 4.2 was about to be released? Surly it wasn't last night because the 4.2 news has been out for a few days now. Not that it matters but was it really going to release this week? 

My guess is that they have been testing the updated A-320 with the new 4.2 beta which likely includes some fixes they needed.  P3D 4.2 was probably scheduled to be released this week but got delayed.   The new updates to the A320 look great and looking forward to it!

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, carlito777 said:

FSLabs has an excellent product but horrible communication. Aerosoft communicates a lot but busts all deadlines. And the product is... Oh well. My bottom line with all this is that my (Prepar3D) money will go exclusively to PMDG in the future. Period. 

First of all, I just want to say I am not trying to 'attack' you or PMDG nor defending FSL. But my best knowledge, PMDG also doesn't provide an update so frequent. AFAIK they do it like FSL, every now and then. With T7 it took them 1 year to provide an update and I am talking about the big update. I don't see the difference between PMDG and FSL when it comes to updating customers. Aerosoft is just NATO (No Action Talk Only).

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

I wish Mathjis spend less time on their forums

Currently Mathijs is a project manager, not a developer, and as such, I think he fulfills his role very well.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/announcement/9-feb-2018-updates-and-road-map/

i wonder if this delay is caused by some Lockheed Martin stuff !? Lets wait and see what happens....

He pretty much said it without saying it. P3D 4.2 drops in a few days and then their update. I hope I can get away with just a client reinstall and we don't have to do the whole thing! 

I'm thinking this is also the reason Fly Tampa has not released KBOS and KLAS. They are waiting on 4.2.

Eric