Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

V4.1

Not sure if I have V4.1 or not,,,how do I find the version number?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Go to the install folder, and right click prepar3d.exe and check the version number in Properties.

Thanks, it shows version V4 and not V4.1 and it is an October build. I did go to  the P3d website and check my downloads and there is no update, only the full version of V4.1 to download,,,is that correct?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

5 minutes ago, warbirds said:

only the full version of V4.1 to download,,,is that correct?

Yes Paul, you have to download the whole version. Once done, you can simply update the client and content (just uninstall the 4.0 versions first).

Mario Di Lauro

Thanks!

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

When looking at Properties for your Prepar3D.exe you wll not see your actual version number unless you open the Details tab.

Another way to see your version number is to start P3D, hit Alt, open the Help tab and click About.

.Lloyd

Edited by cyyt47
Forgot to say click About

No. If the content update doesn't affect any default aircraft that you use (check the release notes)  then just uninstall the old client and reinstall the new client. Very simple.

Hello Paul 

If its only the Client you require,  Sign into your downloads,  Click the little + to expand the Component Installers.  

Click on Install_Client.msi to Download this file.  As the rest have said you need to Uninstall the existing Client first 

35348621235_8b6ec746ea_o.png

Another way of checking the Prepar3D version number is to launch Prepar3D Click Help and About Lockheed Martin

This brings up a question.  When I upgraded to v4.1 I only upgraded the Professional Client.  What am I missing by not upgrading Scenery.  Right now in my Windows list of installed programs in the Uninstall or change a Program section, my listing is as follows: 

Prepared 3D v4 Content        4.1.7.22847

Prepared 3D v4 Professional      4.0.23.21468

Prepared 3D v4 Professional Client      4.1.7.22841

Prepared 3D v4 Scenery      4.0.23.21468

Thanks for any clarification.

Jim

You have to read the release notes. It's usually only an airport or two.

"Updates to Twentynine Palms, Randolf AFB, and Iwakuni airports

Fixed terrain crack and spike in northern Alaska"