Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.2 has been released

41 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Ok, after I emailed the developer he informed me that the Time Zone Fixer is still needed for the most accurate time zones in P3D 4.2 , as not all issues has been fixed.

From the Dev via e mail

If you have Prepar3D V4.2, we would like to let you know that we tested Prepar3D V4.2 and despite they fixed some UTC and time zone issues (The Main menu GMT/UTC box still doesn't work fine for London!) BUT they didn’t fix whole world time zones and there are still many wrong time zones in Prepar3D V4.2

For example:

Adelaide in Australia must have UTC+9h30 DST: UTC+10h30 but it has UTC+9h0 in V4.2
These countries: India, Iran, Nepal, Turkey, Libya, Marrakesh, Finland, Brazil and many more airports in the world still have wrong time zones in P3D V4.2 and many airports don't have any Daylight Saving Time(DST) definitions.

If you want to test it yourself, We can refer you to our patch release page (Go to our website, Login to your account and then go to 'Download Patches' page) First disable your SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer in your Scenery Library and then check all those airports that we have fixed in our latest patches. You can see most of them still have wrong Time Zones in P3D V4.2!

It means you can still enjoy the most accurate time zones ever exist in flight simulator with your SimElite Solutions Time Zone Fixer addon.

Our new patch (V1.1.8) for 2018 Daylight Saving Time(DST) adjustment will be released in next few days.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Erich don't jump into conclusions, users need to report what hardware and settings they are using during their test.

As an example If anybody is running P3D under 4K with SSAAx4 they will always get bad results not matter what.. this is due to mis understanding of what SSAA do and what 4K do and how DL works.

Regards,
Simbol

Simbol is right with folks usage of antialising and screen resolution. I will report when i come home and shovel my way in through the snow.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

24 minutes ago, simbol said:

Erich don't jump into conclusions, users need to report what hardware and settings they are using during their test.

As an example If anybody is running P3D under 4K with SSAAx4 they will always get bad results not matter what.. this is due to mis understanding of what SSAA do and what 4K do and how DL works.

Regards,
Simbol

Yup, fair comment.  I run 4K at 4 x MSAA with a 1080Ti as I have always done. I don't particularly have bad stutters with DL  with that setting using 4.1

52 minutes ago, J van E said:

I've been running P3D and all my addons perfectly fine without FSUIPC: it's not as mandatory as some think. :happy:

After reading all posts the only thing that interests me so far in 4.2 is that the simconnect window doesn't give huge stutters anymore when opening it: I specially noticed this when using GSX. Still, since all of my addons have been reported to work with 4.2 so I will probably spend the coming weekend reinstalling everything from scratch. Looking forward to it already. 

And btw also the Majestic Q400 should be fine, according to a post on their forum! So this one can be added to the list of working addons. Seems the following items will all work now:

Active Sky (needs the update)

Sky Force

ASCA

ENVTEX (which I only use for skies in ASCA: do not use it yet for precipitation effects yet!)

GSX

Ultimate Traffic Live

ProATC

ChasePlane

Orbx

Majestic Q400

A2A

PTA (should be updated TODAY, according to Matt)

So I'm good to go!

Am going to sound like you on the topic of SF here J :biggrin:

J people need FSUIP for Virtual airline software to connect to the sim. That's the only reason I install the free version. Some like to run everything through it.

I wont think of going to VR for another 2 years.

I don't fly Heli's

I dont care my sim stutters for 1 sec for GSX to open

I fly in the day time so DL is no big deal to me.

As I fly short haul the time zone thing is of no interest.

As long as FSL and the MadDog MD 80 does as they both say, run on 4.1 perfectly fine then happy days.

I Personally and we all have different needs, but for me  I see no need to goto 4.2. If I do it will be dlinet only as that should be easy. But until then. Am sticking with 4.1.

From Aerosoft I think they needed 4.2 for there coming Bus because of the amount of click spots I think, so if your after there Bus you probably need 4.2 but better to ask them to confirm.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Several pages back, someone asked if the "photoscenery blurry textures" problem had been fixed. I have not yet seen a response to that.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Several pages back, someone asked if the "photoscenery blurry textures" problem had been fixed. I have not yet seen a response to that.....

Was there anything in the release notes Christopher about them fixing it? I did not see anything? Did i miss that?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Am going to sound like you on the topic of SF here J :biggrin:

J people need FSUIP for Virtual airline software to connect to the sim. That's the only reason I install the free version. Some like to run everything through it.

I wont think of going to VR for another 2 years.

I don't fly Heli's

I dont care my sim stutters for 1 sec for GSX to open

I fly in the day time so DL is no big deal to me.

As I fly short haul the time zone thing is of no interest.

As long as FSL and the MadDog MD 80 does as they both say, run on 4.1 perfectly fine then happy days.

I Personally and we all have different needs, but for me  I see no need to goto 4.2. If I do it will be dlinet only as that should be easy. But until then. Am sticking with 4.1.

From Aerosoft I think they needed 4.2 for there coming Bus because of the amount of click spots I think, so if your after there Bus you probably need 4.2 but better to ask them to confirm.

If LM recommends getting the latest client/update (which they do), then developers will also have to recommend using the latest version. If people do not upgrade to the latest versions, you're making it more difficult for developers to have to keep providing backwards compatibility. I see no reason why you wouldn't upgrade other than being unnecessarily obstinate.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Several pages back, someone asked if the "photoscenery blurry textures" problem had been fixed.

No, but they did fix this:

Fixed coastline dips in Guam

So happy.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, tumtiddle said:

If LM recommends getting the latest client/update (which they do), then developers will also have to recommend using the latest version. If people do not upgrade to the latest versions, you're making it more difficult for developers to have to keep providing backwards compatibility. I see no reason why you wouldn't upgrade other than being unnecessarily obstinate.

There was no need for that Karl!

Andrew has said you guys did it for 4.1 and need to test to make sure it works with 4.2. So for me I see no need to upgrade to 4.2 for my personly needs/use "unnecessarily obstinate." No, I just do not wish to break something that's been set up to work with FSL bus and is working really well.

Will Developers recommend to goto 4.2, yes for the reason you said, will I stay on 4.1 more than likely not but 4.2 to me does not bring anything and your new build until I hear differently is fine with 4.1 and MadDog say they want 4.1 as the baseline.

"obstinate" No just overly careful perhapes.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ErichB said:

No, but they did fix this:

Fixed coastline dips in Guam

So happy.

Erich, you make me laugh

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Why have they not developed their own module which does the same thing inherently?  If Pete (bless his soul) was eaten by a Great White shark while paddling in the ocean on one of his many holidays, we'd all be screwed.

LOL that made me release a loud laugh!!!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I see no reason why you wouldn't upgrade other than being unnecessarily obstinate

God knows what you think of me then, as I am still on v3.4.

• Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Chris, when it's a free, bug-fixing update I don't see why one wouldn't upgrade. When a major upgrade causes a financial barrier, I can understand some trepidation in moving.

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Fine British resolve.  No surrender!

:laugh:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Again: 4.2 won't make your hardware faster and also won't tune your ingame-settings to reasonable digits.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png