thenikos

best atc for p3d v4

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

That must be from optional "chatter" files. They are recordings which don't bear any relation to the AI flights around you. I don't like that. Hearing about aircraft or airports which have little to no relation to what is around me has no appeal to me.

Pete

I thought it was TTS from AI, but I may be going crazy (17 hours of vr flying today, will do that to you!). I definitely have canned chatter files as well. First day using p2atc with p3d, i normally use it with x-plane. Will test again.

Rob

Sim rig: i9900K @ 5GHz, 1080 Ti. Flying X-plane, P3D v4.5 and Aerofly FS2 in VR.

It's better to be on the ground wishing you were the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground. 

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

I just bought VOXAtc - Just did a VFR flight based from the example, it is little quirky but wow it does control my AIG traffic

I thought VoxATC injected its own traffic? Has that changed? Fpr instance, this is from Mutley Hangar's review (mind this was for VoxATC 6, back in 2012):

VoxATC also provides custom AI aircraft which are controlled using the software. These AI aircraft are much more intelligent and realistic than the default AI models, and operate totally separately from any of FSX’s own AI aircraft. The ability to generate and control its own traffic allows VoxATC to qualify as a “2 in 1” product; both a traffic program AND a groundbreaking new ATC system are provided with each purchase!

The VoxATC website still points to that. i can't find any later ones. I assume there must be some full description of the latest one somewhere (is it version 8 or 9 by now?).

What put me off in any case was  that it had to be run on the same PC as P3D, and had some on-screen presence even though it was voice controlled. I run P2A on a separate PC, one which also links to my overhead speakers and headsets. And P2A, once started with a filed plan, needs nothing but voice interaction.

Didn't I read that VoxATC needs an aircraft Gauge (VAGauge?) installed in an aircraft? since I have a hardware cockpit and use ProSim737, my aircraft have no on-screen cockpit in which to display a gauge, and such would not be welcome stuck on the scenery view outside.

[LATER]

Ah, on the VoxATC website:

A Complete ATC Environment

VoxATC generates its own AI traffic and controllers. The phraseology and procedures more closely reflect those in the real world as VoxATC is not tied to the ATC or AI built into FSX.

I can find nothing which talks about interaction or control of traffic it didn't inject itself, like the BGL traffic from AIG plans.

However, I did see that since 7.4 you can run it on a separate PC, which is a big improvement. But what about that "gauge" and why is it necessary?

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

58 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I can find nothing which talks about interaction or control of traffic it didn't inject itself, like the BGL traffic from AIG plans.

However, I did see that since 7.4 you can run it on a separate PC, which is a big improvement. But what about that "gauge" and why is it necessary?

Pete

-There is no interaction with the sim's AIs, you must set them to zero. Vox will generate its own, the number of aircraft is configurable from 0 to 100%.

-There are two gauges, one allows you to launch the flight whose plan will have been loaded into P3D, to choose whether or not you want to have a co-pilot who takes care of the Atc + other options...

The other gauge allows you to read the dialog of the last transmissions. Concerning the two gauges you have the choice of displaying them on the screen or not (after initiating the flight). It is possible to recall them if necessary.

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows 7 Ultimate 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

5 hours ago, jimimac said:

Think I will give the pf3 demo a try.

jim

keep in mind the demo only has 4 voices. The full program has 140. That makes a big difference. 

PF3 Beta Tester

Bob Cardone        P3D 3,4       FlyVirtual.net   Aivlasoft EFB2  /pf3-supporter.gif

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I thought VoxATC injected its own traffic? Has that changed? Fpr instance, this is from Mutley Hangar's review (mind this was for VoxATC 6, back in 2012):

The VoxATC website still points to that. i can't find any later ones. I assume there must be some full description of the latest one somewhere (is it version 8 or 9 by now?).

What put me off in any case was  that it had to be run on the same PC as P3D, and had some on-screen presence even though it was voice controlled. I run P2A on a separate PC, one which also links to my overhead speakers and headsets. And P2A, once started with a filed plan, needs nothing but voice interaction.

Didn't I read that VoxATC needs an aircraft Gauge (VAGauge?) installed in an aircraft? since I have a hardware cockpit and use ProSim737, my aircraft have no on-screen cockpit in which to display a gauge, and such would not be welcome stuck on the scenery view outside.

[LATER]

Ah, on the VoxATC website:

Pete

Vox ATC is my standard choice for p3d (though I’m probably going to use P2ATC from now on).

1. Yes, it generates its own traffic.

2. No, its  ATC doesn’t interact with standard AI aircraft. When using Vox, these would be turned off, and you rely solely on the ATC program to generate and organise traffic.

When you do this, Vox provides audio communication between controllers and its AI for you to listen to.

One essential with Vox and P2ATC is getting some decent text to speech voices, the more the better.

Cereproc make the best TTS voices, I think I’ve got 8 now. Also have some Ivo a voices which are nice, but not nearly as good.

If you buy at least one decent voice, it makes the world of difference.

Edited by OzWhitey

Rob

Sim rig: i9900K @ 5GHz, 1080 Ti. Flying X-plane, P3D v4.5 and Aerofly FS2 in VR.

It's better to be on the ground wishing you were the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground. 

8 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

There is no interaction with the sim's AIs, you must set them to zero. Vox will generate its own, the number of aircraft is configurable from 0 to 100%

That's what I thought. 

8 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

There are two gauges, one allows you to launch the flight whose plan will have been loaded into P3D, to choose whether or not you want to have a co-pilot who takes care of the Atc + other options...

The other gauge allows you to read the dialog of the last transmissions. Concerning the two gauges you have the choice of displaying them on the screen or not (after initiating the flight). It is possible to recall them if necessary.

Hmm. I think that's whay I decided against VoxATC. Gauges have to be part of an aircraft configuration. I have a curved screen outside of a cockpit shell.  To show a gauge means having it superimposed on the screen.

For the initialisation I suppose that isn't so bad -- but since version 7.4 offers the facility to run the program on a Networked PC I would have hoped that the Gauges woould have been moved there to, to regular Windows presumably.

The dialog of transmissions must be similar to Pilot2ATC's "conversation text". I have a method of displaying that on a small screen mounted in my cockpit. I would need to find a way of doing that with VoxATC were I to try using that.

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

One essential with Vox and P2ATC is getting some decent text to speech voices, the more the better.

Cereproc make the best TTS voices, I think I’ve got 8 now. Also have some Ivo a voices which are nice, but not nearly as good.

If you buy at least one decent voice, it makes the world of difference.

I have quite a big collection of voices which i use with Pilot2ATC -- Cereproc and Ivona, mostly. I have some with foreign accents, ready for when P2A chooses them according to the region you are flying over, but I don't use them yet as I have difficulty understanding them even when I slow them down a bit (P2A has speech speed adjustment).

P2A is in constant development and its author, Dave, is very responsive indeed. A big plus. I know VoxATC has been around for much much longer and should be pretty mature by now (I remember that Bob Sidwick, my good friend in Bristol now sadly deceased, was pushing VoxATC from its start, many years ago).

Pete

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

P2A is in constant development and its author, Dave, is very responsive indeed.

Yes, i’ve been getting back into ATC this week with P2A, Vatsim and a bit of Vox, and so reading a lot. I’ve come across a few forum comments between you and Dave, he certainly seems to quick to answer queries.

I don’t remember if you use Voice Attack, but it works very well with the Cereproc voices (checklists, etc), and is also good for sending out voice commands to the sim. Only problem is that having two TTS programs running (P2A and Voice Attack) seems to cause intermittent problems with the speech engine.

Rob

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

don’t remember if you use Voice Attack, but it works very well with the Cereproc voices (checklists, etc), and is also good for sending out voice commands to the sim.

No, I don't need that.  My headset is connected to a WideFs client PC running P2A, not to the Sim PC. My dealings with P3D4 are all either by ProSim, or, for menu selections, via a WideClient ButtonScreen on a little touchscreen in the cockpit.

Pete