Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

best atc for p3d v4

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Radar Contact v4 still remains very attractive and when combined with AIG’s Ai package the chatter between ATC and other aircraft makes for a busy environment.

Even better because it’s free! 👍

+1 I hope it will work with MSFS2020 😁

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

On 11/29/2019 at 12:43 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Radar Contact v4 still remains very attractive and when combined with AIG’s Ai package the chatter between ATC and other aircraft makes for a busy environment.

Even better because it’s free! 👍

I have been using RC for many years (more than 15 if I remember well) and one year ago I decided to change, because first of all I was fed up with that restriction at FL 130 or 120 during descent at EACH flight and also because I desired an ATC that would be aware of the SIDs and STARs procedures.

Now, after one year of using PRO ATC X, I am always stressed because the approaches are not dealt with the way I would like to and this results in always having to adjust myself the altitude or the track, otherwise I risk to end up too high or miss the ILS. RC4 only uses vectors in final (unless you ask for a standard approach and then you are left flying it alone) and that gives you no concern in performing the approach, so I am tempted to go back.

RC4, on the other hand, gets a bit boring because it does always the same things, and the voices quality is too "scratching" compared with PRO ATC X.  

I don't like so much those with TTS voices (VOX ATC and Pilot2ATC) because you have maximum a couple of different voices and they are not radio-quality. Further, I tried Pilot2ATC (10 days trial), but in my not very powerful networked laptop, it takes about 5-7 minutes to load the data and about 1.8 gb of RAM...

James Goggi

@jgoggi, you make good points about Radar Contact's inflexibility in regard to assigned FLs and the 40nm altitude restriction. The former cannot be changed but the latter can. Just declare 'unable to maintain altitude because of turbulence' - option 9 then option 3 and the 'watchdog' is turned off. I use that procedure when flying Concorde but mainly because its climb rate can be lower than the 200fpm minimum to keep RC4 happy.

If you use an Ai package like AIG the sheer number of comms with other aircraft will bring the airwaves to life. I believe one current ATC package does not communicate at all with Ai, just you. That makes for a very sterile environment.

RC4 can be started in seconds. Start it, load a flight plan, enter gate numbers, your flight number and check NOTAMS if required and press Start. Less than 15 seconds! :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@jgoggi, you make good points about Radar Contact's inflexibility in regard to assigned FLs and the 40nm altitude restriction. The former cannot be changed but the latter can. Just declare 'unable to maintain altitude because of turbulence' - option 9 then option 3 and the 'watchdog' is turned off. I use that procedure when flying Concorde but mainly because its climb rate can be lower than the 200fpm minimum to keep RC4 happy.

If you use an Ai package like AIG the sheer number of comms with other aircraft will bring the airwaves to life. I believe one current ATC package does not communicate at all with Ai, just you. That makes for a very sterile environment.

RC4 can be started in seconds. Start it, load a flight plan, enter gate numbers, your flight number and check NOTAMS if required and press Start. Less than 15 seconds! :smile:

-I didn't know that. Good to know. Thank you.

-Unless I misunderstood this paragraph. RC4 works perfectly with MyTraffic.

-I agree, this is one of the main qualities of RC4, simple and effective! 😎

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

5 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Unless I misunderstood this paragraph. RC4 works perfectly with MyTraffic.

Richard

It does. I was referring to another package. But consider switching to AIG. MyTraffic was okay in its day but the schedules are so out of date. AIG has already lost Thomas Cook as an example of how up to date it is. Sad but it does at least reflect reality. In comparison MT schedule goes back to 2013 I believe.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It does. I was referring to another package. But consider switching to AIG. MyTraffic was okay in its day but the schedules are so out of date. AIG has already lost Thomas Cook as an example of how up to date it is. Sad but it does at least reflect reality. In comparison MT schedule goes back to 2013 I believe.

To tell you the truth, my MyTraffic works perfectly. I am not particularly sensitive to shedules out of date. In addition, I sometimes used shedules from the 50s and 60s with aircraft from that time (Constellation, B707 and so...) which is "relatively easy" with MT.

When I upgrade my computer, I might consider installing a new AI package...to see.

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I believe one current ATC package does not communicate at all with Ai, just you. That makes for a very sterile environment.

Well I use one such, Pilot2ATC, and as I fly short flights only (as you know), it is not a "sterile ennvironment" at all. I am kept pretty busy! When I was using RC4 I found it difficult to get my requests or acknowledgements in because of the constant yapping with or from AI!

If you do long flights, or fly in areas with little AI around you, then I can see the AI interaction being more of an enticement. It was just too much for me. And too many AI on the same frequency. Usually in busy airport areas there's more than one controller for each stage.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I was always very skeptical of online ATC but I signed up this weekend for the pilot edge free trial and was blown away.  I did two airliner flights and it really makes you up your game in terms of preparedness and knowing your procedures and your aircraft.

True it’s a relatively limited area but it’s a very interesting area.  The hours work quite well for me living in eastern Canada as they end up being 1200-0300, which lines up well with the bulk of my sim time.

At this point I can see myself continuing with the western expansion subscription after my trial has ended (not sure the value is there for me in paying for the LA sector for the kind of flying I do).  I’ll likely use pilotedge when I have the time for a multi hour airline flight without time acceleration and use default ATC for flights outside the service area or when I want a less intense experience.  

This thread does have me interested in trying out RC4 and Proatcx again as it’s been years since i used either.  I’m in the crowd that got frustrated one too many times with PF3.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, jgoggi said:

I have been using RC for many years (more than 15 if I remember well) and one year ago I decided to change, because first of all I was fed up with that restriction at FL 130 or 120 during descent at EACH flight and also because I desired an ATC that would be aware of the SIDs and STARs procedures.

Now, after one year of using PRO ATC X, I am always stressed because the approaches are not dealt with the way I would like to and this results in always having to adjust myself the altitude or the track, otherwise I risk to end up too high or miss the ILS. RC4 only uses vectors in final (unless you ask for a standard approach and then you are left flying it alone) and that gives you no concern in performing the approach, so I am tempted to go back.

RC4, on the other hand, gets a bit boring because it does always the same things, and the voices quality is too "scratching" compared with PRO ATC X.  

I don't like so much those with TTS voices (VOX ATC and Pilot2ATC) because you have maximum a couple of different voices and they are not radio-quality. Further, I tried Pilot2ATC (10 days trial), but in my not very powerful networked laptop, it takes about 5-7 minutes to load the data and about 1.8 gb of RAM...

I used RC4 back in the day, for  couple of years. When I got back into simming I used Pro ATC, in fact was a beta tester for awhile and one of the voices is mine. I hated the micromanaging of flying sids and stars especially, and the vectoring many times left you too high and going away from the airport instead of towards it. I then switched to PF3, and once I got used to reading charts, using Simbrief to find Sids and Star, I find that is the best I have tried so far. PF3 also has 140 voices for controllers and AI pilots, which is leaps and bounds better than having just a few voices, and every departure and approach is different. Never boring. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

56 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

To tell you the truth, my MyTraffic works perfectly. I am not particularly sensitive to shedules out of date. In addition, I sometimes used shedules from the 50s and 60s with aircraft from that time (Constellation, B707 and so...) which is "relatively easy" with MT.

When I upgrade my computer, I might consider installing a new AI package...to see.

Richard

Yes it does but the models look awful. The AIG ones look as good as PMDG aircraft and there's over 600 airlines covering the entire globe. I've just departed Chicago O'Hare with 200+ Ai on the ground and airborne and fps stayed around 20. But each to their own. AIG doesn't cover previous eras, just current.

55 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well I use one such, Pilot2ATC, and as I fly short flights only (as you know), it is not a "sterile ennvironment" at all. I am kept pretty busy! When I was using RC4 I found it difficult to get my requests or acknowledgements in because of the constant yapping with or from AI!

If you do long flights, or fly in areas with little AI around you, then I can see the AI interaction being more of an enticement. It was just too much for me. And too many AI on the same frequency. Usually in busy airport areas there's more than one controller for each stage.

Pete

You would be kept busy with you doing everything. :smile: Taxiing around O'Hare there's loads of yapping going on. I managed to get my clearance and took off without a delay. It wasn't a criticism on P2ATC, just an observation. We all have different likes and dislikes. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

Pete, you’re saying that you don’t get atc/ai aircraft chatter with P2ATC?

I “crossed the pond” with P2ATC today as a VR flight, and there was plenty of AI/ATC coms.

I use AIG as my preferred AI (have all the payware, the freeware is better in this case).

Cheers! 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

27 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Pete, you’re saying that you don’t get atc/ai aircraft chatter with P2ATC?

I “crossed the pond” with P2ATC today as a VR flight, and there was plenty of AI/ATC coms.

That must be from optional "chatter" files. They are recordings which don't bear any relation to the AI flights around you. I don't like that. Hearing about aircraft or airports which have little to no relation to what is around me has no appeal to me.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

That must be from optional "chatter" files. They are recordings which don't bear any relation to the AI flights around you. I don't like that. Hearing about aircraft or airports which have little to no relation to what is around me has no appeal to me.

Pete

PF3 controllers tell you where the AI traffic is around you, altitude, heading and callsign. You can see the traffic both out the windscreen and on EFB moving map. You also hear the AI pilot respond with the alert from ATC. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Think I will give the pf3 demo a try.

jim

Edited by jimimac

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

I just bought VOXAtc - Just did a VFR flight based from the example, it is little quirky but wow it does control my AIG traffic - just working on getting GA AI filled up.  Playing with AIFP

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)