Sign in to follow this  
johnnycrockett

Current 747 Passenger Routes

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I'm pretty much hooked on the 747 of late and try to replicate real world routes when I can. I got sick of having to search for routes all the time so I ended up compiling a list of passenger routes for all airlines currently operating the 747. The list is organised by airline and then flight number, ICAO and departure/arrival times are included to make it easier to pick a route to try out.

Airlines included;
Air Chine, Air India, Asiana Airlines, British Airways, China Airlines, El Al, Lufthansa, KLM, Korean Air, Qantas, Thai Airways and Virgin Atlantic. 

Feel free to grab it from the library, hope it is of some use.
https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=747+Passenger+Routes&CatID=miscmisc&Go=Search

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks, should help select a route or two!  Nice work.

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always wondering the same thing for my PMDG fleet.  Thanks for posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only B744 pax service left for a US Flag I guess is the Atlas weekly roundtrip between KIAH and FNLU, and I just checked FlightAware and it's not shown so perhaps even that one is gone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

I'm always wondering the same thing for my PMDG fleet.  Thanks for posting!

Yep - I've spent way too long on FlightAware trying to find a flight to use!

3 hours ago, downscc said:

The only B744 pax service left for a US Flag I guess is the Atlas weekly roundtrip between KIAH and FNLU, and I just checked FlightAware and it's not shown so perhaps even that one is gone?

I tried looking for that, went as far as looking at the recent flights for both passenger airframes and still couldn't find it. It may still exist, Atlas just may not allow tracking.

I will probably do another one for Freight Routes if people would get use from that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, johnnycrockett said:

Hi there,

I'm pretty much hooked on the 747 of late and try to replicate real world routes when I can. I got sick of having to search for routes all the time so I ended up compiling a list of passenger routes for all airlines currently operating the 747. The list is organised by airline and then flight number, ICAO and departure/arrival times are included to make it easier to pick a route to try out.

Airlines included;
Air Chine, Air India, Asiana Airlines, British Airways, China Airlines, El Al, Lufthansa, KLM, Korean Air, Qantas, Thai Airways and Virgin Atlantic. 

Feel free to grab it from the library, hope it is of some use.
https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=747+Passenger+Routes&CatID=miscmisc&Go=Search

 

French Corsair (CRL) still have three 744 PAX in their fleet. See them often at Paris Orly Airport (LFPO)

Using them on their scheduled flights from LFPO to FMEE and LFPO to TFFR and back.and maybe to other destinations? not sure.

Can be found on flightaware CRL910/911 and CRL926/927.

Corsair repaints can be found as original repaint in the OC and in the Avsim Library.

Edited by soerennielsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, don't know if you have Wamos on your list - they have pax 744s that Alan Carter (from the ITVV Virgin DVD) flies?  They seem to do mostly charters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VHOJT said:

Also, don't know if you have Wamos on your list - they have pax 744s that Alan Carter (from the ITVV Virgin DVD) flies?  They seem to do mostly charters.

Thanks - I had them on my list but info is very hard to come by.
Six in the fleet,
- One leased to LATAM doing SCEL-KLAX-SCEL.  (EC-MDS)
- One hasn't moved in nearly four months and last flew a charter for Corsair (EC-MRM)
- The other four mostly do charter flights

Made it challenging to build a database as Wamos flights have varying ICAO codes & sometimes codeshare flight numbers. Happy to accept the challenge though....

As an aside, your QF fuel policies are brilliant - took me a few goes to get it right but once I figured it out, it all made sense!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, soerennielsen said:

French Corsair (CRL) still have three 744 PAX in their fleet. See them often at Paris Orly Airport (LFPO)

Using them on their scheduled flights from LFPO to FMEE and LFPO to TFFR and back.and maybe to other destinations? not sure.

Can be found on flightaware CRL910/911 and CRL926/927.

Corsair repaints can be found as original repaint in the OC and in the Avsim Library.

This took a while to figure out - on return LFPO - FMEE usually (910/911) & LFPO - TFFR (926/927). They also do a 'milk run' LFPO-FMEE-FIMP-FMEE-LFPO (710/711) and LFPO-FMEE-FMMI-FMEE-LFPO (774/775).

There were a few others with no return flights that I'm still figuring out but I've covered 14 so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, downscc said:

The only B744 pax service left for a US Flag I guess is the Atlas weekly roundtrip between KIAH and FNLU, and I just checked FlightAware and it's not shown so perhaps even that one is gone?

Correct. We discontinued that service a short time ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnnycrockett said:

This took a while to figure out - on return LFPO - FMEE usually (910/911) & LFPO - TFFR (926/927). They also do a 'milk run' LFPO-FMEE-FIMP-FMEE-LFPO (710/711) and LFPO-FMEE-FMMI-FMEE-LFPO (774/775).

There were a few others with no return flights that I'm still figuring out but I've covered 14 so far.

Did not dig so far into it, but, that is making some nice 'milk runs' to do with the Queen.

Thanks Johnny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a DVD from JustPlanes from 2008 with Corsair 744, the F-HSUN, which is still in their fleet today, from LFPO-TNCM-TFFF-LFPO.

Even though not a actual flight, I think it is still worth doing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly certain Atlas does a lot of contract work for the government. Ferrying military to/from overseas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cgsmithmo said:

I'm fairly certain Atlas does a lot of contract work for the government. Ferrying military to/from overseas.

Most military personnel movements are on commercial carriers, only when there are deployment of units as in attending exercises or deploying for war does the military start using civilian passenger aircraft and those are usually part of the CRAF (Civil Reserve Air Fleet).  My understanding (and not well informed one at that) was that the only recurring passenger Atlas flight was for an oil company between Houston and Angola and that contract has terminated.  Sure there are a few Atlas flights to military locations but they are for the most part cargo.  When my unit deployed for Desert Storm, we used a lot of CRAF aircraft and they were all configured for cargo.  The troops went with the cargo... don't expect to be comfy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work on the list - I believe that the Virgin flights between EGKK and EGPF/CC/AA are not strictly passenger flights but empty positioning flights. Presumably saves them basing crews at EGPF/AA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Excellent work on the list - I believe that the Virgin flights between EGKK and EGPF/CC/AA are not strictly passenger flights but empty positioning flights. Presumably saves them basing crews at EGPF/AA. 

Yes I had a feeling that was the case - I figured since they were regular they would be an option for a short hop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cgsmithmo said:

I'm fairly certain Atlas does a lot of contract work for the government. Ferrying military to/from overseas.

I tried to uncover what I could, even tracing the two passenger hulls but couldn't find anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ramstein and I believe, LIRF? Ramstien for sure. I've seen both PAX and Cargo at one time or another.

Edited by cgsmithmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 6:29 PM, rondon9898 said:

Excellent work on the list - I believe that the Virgin flights between EGKK and EGPF/CC/AA are not strictly passenger flights but empty positioning flights. Presumably saves them basing crews at EGPF/AA. 

Yes this is correct. A crew will operate back from KMCO to EGAA and then get a lift in the cabin back to EGCC or EGKK while the aircraft is flown by a fresh flight crew.

These short hops in an empty 747 are literally breathtaking with the power to weight ratio available you’re clearing over 2500ft by the end of the runway!

Jon Bunting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jon b said:

These short hops in an empty 747 are literally breathtaking with the power to weight ratio available you’re clearing over 2500ft by the end of the runway!

Thanks. This has given me an idea for a flight to check this out. I usually travel with either a random or a full load of passengers. Never thought of simulating a flight giving the crew a ride back to a home station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jon b said:

Yes this is correct. A crew will operate back from KMCO to EGAA and then get a lift in the cabin back to EGCC or EGKK while the aircraft is flown by a fresh flight crew.

These short hops in an empty 747 are literally breathtaking with the power to weight ratio available you’re clearing over 2500ft by the end of the runway!

Jon Bunting 

What so the fresh crew have nightstopped at EGAA? I’d have thought they’d be able to do 2 sectors within their flight time limitations as long as they had a relief pilot - MCO-BFS then BFS-LGW. Always willing to stand corrected though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Atlas does in fact fly military personnel around. We flew on an Atlas 767 to Bahrain from the USA, with a few stops in between. My brother, also in the service, flew Atlas to and from Japan. He was on a 747-400

Edited by uhntissbaby111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A crew would take the empty plane to BFS hand it over to the long haul crew and nightstop then operate the inbound ferry the next morning. 

Technically yes, a 3 crew operation could do the 2 sectors but it would be tight with any delays so a separate ferry crew offers more resilience to keep the operation moving.

Things to think about for your ferry flight ... normally you’d use maximum de-rate TO-2 ATM 64 degrees, V1 is normally VMCG limited at 125kts. Minimum fuel required at take off ( not push back) is 22.0T and pitch is also limited to 15 degrees nose up on Climb out, this is to try and prevent uncovering the forward fuel boost pumps.

The takeoff and landing rolls will be shockingly short and climb rates nothing short of breathtaking. The power to weight ratio on an empty 747 is entering the realms of early military jet performance.Jon Bunting 

cheers

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this