Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Repainting

1 minute ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Bert,

I’ll look at my setup n the AM and we can compare notes - we’ll get it working - I definitely use the 64 bit version - it truly makes life much better...

Regards,

Scott

Well, I just installed the 32 bit version (on Windows 64) and now it works!

In the Plugin folder I now have dds, and dds64 listed..

Bert

Hi Bert,

Cool - glad you have it sorted...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I have the 64 bit plug in installed and working in Photoshop CC.  Makes it a ton easier.  Scott thank you very much.

Now! Still not getting there. Have a nice B showing in Photoshop.  Looks perfect! In the simulator however the B still looks like an 8.  Here is why. I totally covered up the 8 by copying and pasting nearby texture over it.  I first left the label as simply "800  Integrated Flight Control".  Perfect in PS. Looked at it In the sim however and there is still a slight ghosting of the 8.  When I placed a B over it and flattened the image there is no evidence of the 8 in PS.  In the Sim the ghosting is still evidently there and makes the B look like an 8.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

End of the day. Got something good done....  Meet N779D, a totally fictional repaint.  Will try to upload this by early next week after changing tail number to N779ND or N779BD

N779D.jpg

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

I have the 64 bit plug in installed and working in Photoshop CC.  Makes it a ton easier.  Scott thank you very much.

Now! Still not getting there. Have a nice B showing in Photoshop.  Looks perfect! In the simulator however the B still looks like an 8.  Here is why. I totally covered up the 8 by copying and pasting nearby texture over it.  I first left the label as simply "800  Integrated Flight Control".  Perfect in PS. Looked at it In the sim however and there is still a slight ghosting of the 8.  When I placed a B over it and flattened the image there is no evidence of the 8 in PS.  In the Sim the ghosting is still evidently there and makes the B look like an 8.  

Have you changed all three Wintext files?

Bert

There some way to reduce the "bright" of the external model, for me its a way tooo bright, shine, and obviusly its reduce some FPS, indeed the model has a crisp textures and thats good, but the part of the brightness .... dont like it, 

Redgars

RB

In case somebody is bored:
still need N100L... 😉

Paint scheme is close to N421MN, so just the tail plane number would be great. Then we would have an actual plane for all data and physics.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tc584ohdosojtmd/AADXHkO977lhIeL9npJawaDwa?dl=0

Edited by AndiKunzi
  • Upvote 1

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K

N100L have 4 seat and one potty/kid seat/ the third seat (the one beside of the door) have to move back for open the door and allow the move of the pass, but in alabeo 421, have the same 4 / 1 potty but in front of the potty have one more seat, so have 6 seats, how can the pass get in the plane if the seat in the door can move to the back cos have another seat back, 

First time that see that configuration dense on a 421, and still have space in the back for loads, 

8 minutes ago, AndiKunzi said:

In case somebody is bored:
still need N100L... 😉

Paint scheme is close to N421MN, so just the tail plane number would be great. Then we would have an actual plane for all data and physics.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tc584ohdosojtmd/AADXHkO977lhIeL9npJawaDwa?dl=0

Altogether, there are up to 8 seats in N100L:
2 Cockpit
4 club
1 Potty
1 Baggage Bay A (in most cases removed - I've used it twice only)

With the 8th seat installed, the entrance is a bit obscured by Seat #5.

N100L has 1110 lbs (504 kg) full fuel payload to Max. Ramp Mass, without filling the optional wing locker (28 GAL), which is superior to all currently operated pressurized piston twins (MEP), to most SET (Single Engine Turboprops) and Very Light Jets (VLJ) and to quite a couple of MET.

Pilot licenses: CPL, IRI, C510, MEP, CRI SEP
P3D V5 professional
CPU: i9-10900K, GPU: RTX 3090, MB: MSI Z490A PRO,
SSD: M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus (2 TB) + M.2 (1 TB) , RAM: 32 GB (3600 MHz, CL_16-16-16-36),
water cooling: Heatkiller IV Pro + MO-RA3 420 LT, Display: Panasonic 58“ 4K

Just now, AndiKunzi said:

Altogether, there are up to 8 seats in N100L:
2 Cockpit
4 club
1 Potty
1 Baggage Bay A (in most cases removed - I've used it twice only)

With the 8th seat installed, the entrance is a bit obscured by Seat #5.

N100L has 1110 lbs (504 kg) full fuel payload to Max. Ramp Mass, without filling the optional wing locker (28 GAL), which is superior to all currently operated pressurized piston twins (MEP), to most SET (Single Engine Turboprops) and Very Light Jets (VLJ) and to quite a couple of MET.

Undestood, thanks for the explain, the N100L have aux fuel tanks in the wing lockers? ... how can put those tanks in alabeo model? i preffer have more fuel that luggage in the wings.. 

Hi Folks,

Nice to see some new faces getting their feet wet with painting - LOL - careful - it's addicting... Honestly - once I take the time to "roll my own" - I seldom fly any other paints...

Mipmaps - are just progressively lower resolution copies of the texture - contained in the single texture file - that are used as you get further away from the model... They are intended to increase rendering speed and reduce aliasing artifacts... In today's environment - you probably don't want to use them on aircraft or VC's - - - you would still use them on scenery models and terrain textures as they reduce the dreaded Moire Effect...

Brightness - if the paint is too bright for your tastes - it's rather easy to adjust - the selection tool in just about any paint program will allow you to select a given color no matter where it appears on a texture sheet and then just adjust it accordingly... Select whatever color they used for white and tone it down making it more grey... Basic rule of thumb - never ever use absolute white (255,255,255) or absolute black (0,0,0) when painting because nothing can be whiter or blacker - and we use lighting and shadow to trick the eye into making something look 3D when it's actually not... 

Shine -  if you were talking about the mirrored shine on a model - that's controlled in part by the alpha channel on the texture...

Gladly help out with more info if needed - I don't have this model yet..

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Have you changed all three Wintext files?

At one point yes. I had that 8 covered up in all three and it was still ghosting in.  Then with the night and night 2 8 still replaced with blank texture, I put a nice B in place in the daytime win_texts and the darn thing still looked like an 8 in the vc.  So I then removed the B, the 8 still covered up, and replaced with a D for grins.  The vc still looked like an 8.  Then I painted the first 8 white, just to check that my changes were showing in the vc - and they were.  &^%$^%&*^^%$#$%^  !!!!!

Laid awake for a few minutes last night and thought to myself, why did I spend four hours on that?  It's in a place where I will likely not look at it, using the pop up instead.  Sometimes it's the challenge that's the challenge.....

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Nice to see some new faces getting their feet wet with painting - LOL - careful - it's addicting... Honestly - once I take the time to "roll my own" - I seldom fly any other paints...

I agree, though I do not deserve a lot of credit.  I am not new at it, but have over the years limited myself to changing the color of existing texture elements and then replacing registration numbers. I have not laid down any new elements. I have my own livery red, which I use on all of my repaints, usually complimented with black and silver.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Here are screenshots from the (3) texture files that I have now in place in Texture Common, and carefully verified.  This just screwing around with it now to see what affects what.  For the screen capture for the daytime texture I left it flipped and rotated for readability.  It was in the proper position when saved.  You should be able to click on the image once or twice to enlarge it.  See how the word integrated was blanked out but still shows in the VC?

See how I blanked out portions of the text line in the daytime texture, changed the 8 to a D, and changed some character spacing.  In the two night panels I covered up that 8.  Then look at the result in the VC.  I have changed panel lettering such as registration numbers on many occasions and not encountered anything like this.

800B%20Frustration.jpg

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I know the feeling... depending on the position of the light switches, mine can say 8008 or 800B as it stands right now.. :wink:

Bert