LTCSZ

Manfred Jahn DC-3?

Posted (edited)

I have searched all over the FSX file library and I cannot find the base file for Manfred Jahn's DC-3/C-47...Tons of repaints but no base file...Can someone guide me to the file? Thanks!

Edited by LTCSZ
Spelling (Of Course!)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

File name is Douglas_cC-47_V3.12_Beta.zip  It isn't available here in the AVSIM Library but is on the Hot List at SOH.  There should be a V3.14 available also.

FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta.zip

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

File name is Douglas_cC-47_V3.12_Beta.zip  It isn't available here in the AVSIM Library but is on the Hot List at SOH.  There should be a V3.14 available also. FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta.zip

douglas_c-47_beta_v3.1405.zip, in the Avsim Library.

You only need to look.

Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1406.zip is the last version with all updates and fixes.

35 minutes ago, nolonger said:

douglas_c-47_beta_v3.1405.zip, in the Avsim Library.

You only need to look.

Sorry, I was using the file names from the SOH downloads.  Didn't realized they were different in the Library here.

Posted (edited)

It is brilliant freeware - in my opinion it is up there with some of the best payware and significantly better than much of it! 

Manfred Jahn and company deserve our deepest gratitude for this gem.

Bill

Edited by scianoir

Amen Bill... It really is outstanding. And although it's been a zillion years since I flew the real thing, I do have a DC-3 rating and spent a year in the right seat early in my career and can vouch for the realism of this amazing bit of freeware. It has all of the feel and ambience that I remember from the real thing. BTW, before anyone says anything, I'm an old codger but not THAT old. LOL When I flew it, the airplane was older than I was. It was a start-up company that only lasted for a year. It then went to Cambodia in the late 60's and ended its days as part of a McDonald's Restaurant in Taupo. ZK-CAW when I flew it - ex National Airways Corporation in New Zealand.

Ian

• Like 1