Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

POSCON online flying

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Well, Fluffers, seems you have won.  A bet's a bet.

Do you want that in beers or squids?

PM me.

i dont want your money mate... its all good.  But if you ever thought the voice codecs where going to be implemented quickly then you where wrong.  some 15 years and 18000 hours on vatsim and i really cant see any difference to the network since i joined, id say its got worse not better.  The golden era of 10 years ago has gone. I like the whole PDC thing but thats about it..  its just my opinion.  i could list 10 things worse now than10 years ago but thats it.  I hope Davies and crew get poscon up and running its got real potential.   

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Did you miss the large scale test at FSExpo where we had some 200 real VATSIM members from across the globe connected to AFV?

Considering the current team only started working on this - not just a codec, a whole new voice system - in August last year I think to go from 0 to a functional VHF radio simulation capable of being used at that level in 10 months is pretty impressive really.

I'm sure you can find some videos of the test on YouTube/Twitch et al and make your mind up as to whether the wait is going to be worth it for yourself!

ill believe it when i see it.  Im sure its amazing. It needs to be. the audio codecs are awful when its busy online when youve got 13 year olds and, with their cheap junk mics  from tesco and argos which is what you get now on London at weekends and all summer holiday.  I dont know how the controllers do it.  I wouldnt have the patience.  But then thats just me.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Actually, I tested it at FSExpo too and it’s pretty amazing.   Not released by 6 June, but I would suggest patience for a little bit longer. It’ll get there.

Matt Davies is not part of POSCON but their tech does look pretty good. Just not sure how you will get everyone onto POSCON tho. It’ll only work if everyone uses it

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 3:29 AM, fluffyflops said:

ill believe it when i see it.

Had to dig up this thread to make sure the bet was fulfilled 🙂

Not long now it seems...

2 hours ago, NZ255 said:

Had to dig up this thread to make sure the bet was fulfilled 🙂

Not long now it seems...

14 October,  it seems

On 9/30/2019 at 9:11 AM, ErichB said:

14 October,  it seems

who knew 😄

• Like 1

Victor Roos

11 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Just got invited to the POSCON invitation-only beta. Anyone else on it / have any reviews?

Ive also have an email.   I'd also like yo to know the rub.  I'm guessing at some point I must of signed up for it? 

14ppkc-6.png

I watched the 20 min video telling me how I was going to be graded by other members and told how good a standing you need to have with poscon.   Bit like the Chinese social credit system. 

I then tried to file a flightplan which was seemily more difficult than it is to run a complex routing on lido. After half an of messing around.  I turned it off. 

I'm all for not having 11 year olds buzzing the loc in Lowi with 747s and 777s on a Saturday morning, nerfing it for the others, but just to get 'up and running' on poscon seems to be a challenge. 

Now vatsim have brought in the long awaited new voice codex I can't see much benefit to poscon.

Maybe someone can talk me round 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

15 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I watched the 20 min video telling me how I was going to be graded by other members and told how good a standing you need to have with poscon.   Bit like the Chinese social credit system. 

I then tried to file a flightplan which was seemily more difficult than it is to run a complex routing on lido. After half an of messing around.  I turned it off. 

I'm all for not having 11 year olds buzzing the loc in Lowi with 747s and 777s on a Saturday morning, nerfing it for the others, but just to get 'up and running' on poscon seems to be a challenge. 

Now vatsim have brought in the long awaited new voice codex I can't see much benefit to poscon.

And this is what happens when you want realsim you get giving something to replicate that and you are not interested in using it. 

It's definitely got potential Ross, I'm interested in it for sure.  I'll have another go at the weekend 

14ppkc-6.png

On 2/2/2021 at 6:33 AM, fluffyflops said:

If I recall correctly, what POSCON said they had going for them was a much more fluid traffic representation system with nearly no latency.

18 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

It's definitely got potential Ross, I'm interested in it for sure.  I'll have another go at the weekend 

once you get into it i really like it i am sure you will to

happy flying sir and stay safe.

Just an FYI - - POSCON is now in open Beta meaning anyone can join. As to filing a flight plan, it's very easy if you use Simbrief and use it's pre-file functionality for POSCON.