Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Why this rush for v5? V4 is still amazing

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I agree. Then you should try Aerofly FS 2

yeah, I have tried it. Sure it delivers 60fps but its not stutter free and its not crisp either. P3D V4 is the cutting edge. That's the most realistic experience of all the sims IMO. Now I think that performance should be LM's top priority. Forget about new feature and focus on immersion and performance. I do think that is what they are doing now. I think V5 will be quite the thing in this regard.😀

1 minute ago, Avidean said:

Sure it delivers 60fps but its not stutter free and its not crisp either. P3D V4 is the cutting edge

I can tell you that in AFS2 I easily get 100+ fps and mostly stutter free, or at least "nothing" in terms of stuttering if you compare it to P3Dv4, with very, very crisp textures. I can understand AFS2 still lacks the aircraft functionality related to weight management, instruments, lack of ATC, AI, things that we all know, but undoubtedly IMHO AFS2 has the best graphics and sim engine around. I would also recommend to everybody to give AFS2 a try in VR, it's simply awesome!.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

I can tell you that in AFS2 I easily get 100+ fps and mostly stutter free, or at least "nothing" in terms of stuttering if you compare it to P3Dv4, with very, very crisp textures. I can understand AFS2 still lacks the aircraft functionality related to weight management, instruments, lack of ATC, AI, things that we all know, but undoubtedly IMHO AFS2 has the best graphics and sim engine around. I would also recommend to everybody to give AFS2 a try in VR, it's simply awesome!.

Cheers, Ed

I get stunning frame rates in AFS2, as would everyone else I daresay, but then again if you install P3D and run it stock you can get 100 fps as well, it's just that nobody does. Frankly it is a minor miracle that P3D and FSX even run at all with people piling everything including the kitchen sink into it. I don't doubt that AFS2 runs better than P3D's older rendering engine, but as you say, I doubt AFS2 would be clocking 100+ fps if it had something like an FSL A320 to run, add-on ATC, Active Sky weather, high res clouds, tons of autogen buildings and cars, loads of mesh and scenery added,, loads of AI airliners all over the place and tons of payware airports with all kinds of animations running on it kicking around etc, etc.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10 hours ago, Daedalus said:

I don't want to start referring posts, I have seen a dozen the last weeks. Why you think I would lie on that? The fact that you haven't seen them only means that you haven't read all the posts. But because they appear here and there, they create an impression and I wanted to point out two things: a) P3Dv5 its not imminent and b)we should not dismiss the current version as its certainly not old. Its new and shiny. Certainly my personal view, shared by many others. We don't have to all agree of course. But we can agree that v5 is not coming anytime soon. 

You might mean me, because I said something in this regard in another thread. But I did not say I don't buy addons anymore because v5 is near. I said I am not buying from this specific developer. If someone needs more than one year to bring something to a new platform, it just makes no sense to buy anything at all, as the product cycles of P3D are not that much longer. All I wanted to say is, that I tie myself to developers who have a good trackrecord with updating.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

I could see with a new rendering engine, such things as stuttering, framerates and most of all for me, poor loading textures, could be a thing of the past (perhaps!) Fingers crossed.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Its simple,  the more you upgrade something the more people buy the new version and you make more money,  example phones,  thats progress i guess otherwise not much would change 

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I'm also very satisfied with P3DV4. I don't think flight simming has ever been this good. However this never ending "always wanting more" is one of the human tendencies. Especially with people who are not aware about that and think "if only x would get fixed then I'd be satisfied"....

• Like 1

11700K + GTX 3080 + 32GB RAM

9 hours ago, Lowryy757 said:

I'm also very satisfied with P3DV4. I don't think flight simming has ever been this good. However this never ending "always wanting more" is one of the human tendencies. Especially with people who are not aware about that and think "if only x would get fixed then I'd be satisfied"....

I can understand your point to some degree. But at the same time, simming has never been this good because the software has been continuously developed and improved. That's the way software development works. Being happy the way things are, is like saying that my Windows XP works perfectly, so Microsoft doesn't have to improve it anymore or add more features. Those long standing bugs in the operating system don't bother me, so they don't really have to be fixed. I'm using my computer for paying bills and listening to music anyways.

Well, we all have different needs and different backgrounds, and nothing is wrong with that. But if we stick to an attitude like this, all progress will stop on the platform and we will be stuck in the past. P3D has it's huge flaws, despite all these years. Not much has really happened since v2, if you compare this to let's say DCS World and XP. And LM don't bother to fix all issues with the simulation because not enough people are complaining. They heavily defend backwards compatibility due to all the developers that would be complaining. This way, the platform will not evolve. At some point we need to realise that for this platform to really take the next step, we have to skip backwards compatibility and move on. This doesn't have to be that hard. They can do like XP does, still have support for backward compatibility, but let the user decide if he/she wants to use eg new flight dynamics etc.

Like I said in an earlier post, I fly both X-plane 11 and DCS World. And there's more news and progress in the pipeline for XP the next months than there has ever been for P3D. That being said, none of these platforms are perfect. But they're at least trying, to invent new stuff and to improve the simulation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

I would be thrilled if they would just update all of those old FSX airports. Half of the airports in China are new. And FAJS hasn't been FAJS for years.

Scott

Edited by skyymann
  • Like 1

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

3 hours ago, skyymann said:

I would be thrilled if they would just update all of those old FSX airports. Half of the airports in China are new. And FAJS hasn't been FAJS for years.

Scott

Everytime I approach a default  airport I get a bad migraine headache and my eye twitches.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Everytime I approach a default  airport I get a bad migraine headache and my eye twitches.  

Sounds like Hive Fever you sure it is not pollen causing this problem? J/K lol

• Like 1

Approaching a default airport is a criminal offence on my PC. I steer well clear of them.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Approaching a default airport is a criminal offence on my PC. I steer well clear of them.

Airport snob

✈️  Even airports need labels.:smile: