Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Why this rush for v5? V4 is still amazing

On 6/20/2018 at 9:18 AM, Bobsk8 said:

V3 still working very well for me. 😁

Man...are you then missing out, by not going to the latest v4.3.   Just sayin'....

Just now, Sesquashtoo said:

Man...are you then missing out, by not going to the latest v4.3.   Just sayin'....

I hate fixing things that aren't broken. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Man...are you then missing out, by not going to the latest v4.3.

I seriously doubt that he is missing anything that would make a dramatic difference to his flight simulation experience.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Lol agreed

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

12 hours ago, pmb said:

I have given up on REX airports HD and use Zinertek HD Airport Graphics instead. This is much less known than REX (because they invest less than a per mille of the promotion budget of REX), but it is P3D4 compatible and works really well (if I decide to land on a default airport now and then at all).

Kind regards, Michael

See, back then, I was trying to decide between REX and Zinertek. REX seemed like the better deal to me. I thought it looked slightly better, AND they promised us v4 compatibility. I'm sorry I didn't go with Zinertek now. I think it's really poor form from REX. They basically lied to their customers, and they should have offered a refund.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

deleted double post

Edited by nealmac
double post

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

12 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I hate fixing things that aren't broken. 

So you got ProATCX working then? 😉

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 minute ago, nealmac said:

So you got ProATCX working then? 😉

Haven't used PATC  in many  weeks.Flying with PF3 now and love it.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I wonder what developers will do with upgrades and pricing on v5?  It will be 64 bit so you would think most of the addons will work with a bit of tweaking.  I would really hate to have to re-buy everything again for the third time.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Well REX Airports HD is claimed to be going to their beta team on Monday. 

But 4.3 does give them a new excuse to push back again doesn’t it 🙂

Tony Morel

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

I wonder what developers will do with upgrades and pricing on v5?  It will be 64 bit so you would think most of the addons will work with a bit of tweaking.  I would really hate to have to re-buy everything again for the third time.

I think for v5 it will all depend on what is intentionally broken with regards to compatibility by L-M for the purpose of improving the sim.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

20 hours ago, TMorel said:

Well REX Airports HD is claimed to be going to their beta team on Monday. 

But 4.3 does give them a new excuse to push back again doesn’t it 🙂

I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Did I mention I would love to see LM update the airports? Especially China? Just sayin 😉

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

1 hour ago, skyymann said:

Did I mention I would love to see LM update the airports? Especially China? Just sayin 😉

Scott

I would also not hold my breath on THAT.

Will never ever happen.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 6/22/2018 at 11:13 PM, SpiritFlyer said:

Wish X-planers would (or could) not take backhanded BTW swipes at others. So I want to go on the record and state that I have flown X-plane and did not feel it measured well against P3D and by extension, the real deal. 😎

Enough said to equalize the comment. Now 🤐

A couple of years ago I flew a real aircraft with a fellow flight simmer and we both agreed that it felt a lot a like P3D (and FSX, except for poor performance). In fact I was amazed how it was no drama start to finish, and if anything, very easy if you had the instruments and controls basics already nailed down. 

My local buddies and I were also privileged to have fly a professional simulator that trains commercial pilots. When it was my turn the instructor took a hands on approach and threw a number of problems my way that I overcame and "passed with flying colours". Then the fun part came: He later came over and flew my P3D simulator and was amazed and astonished (his words) at how thrilling and realistic it was.

I am sure that most simulators do a credible job at representing the real deal to those who have practised long enough to internalize the appropriate laws of flight dynamics and applied the knowledge in real or simulated worlds. One thing for sure, flying is fun, either within the simulated world in our head, or in the cockpit in the sky.

One the human lever, machine type notwithstanding: "Once you are hooked, you are hooked for good". 🙃

Kind regards,

Stephen

Hello Stephen...

Wrote you a PM in reference to the above.   Would really like to have a summary of your setup.   But I am especially interested in your yoke preference.   What gear do you fly with, esp the yoke or stick.

thanks

RMM