Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D v4.3 has been released

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Kevin,

Happy to help you, lets disable all your add-on's temporally but first can you tell me what add-on's do you have?

S.

Probably too many to mention...!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Then its not a hard guess that one of your thousands addons is incompatible with 4.3

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I've got the same issues as you Kevin.

Trying to work through it.

Andy

Just now, kevinfirth said:

Probably too many to mention...!

LOL, well I just want to know were to attack the problem m8..

In that case, do the basic and update as many Add-on's as you can and try to relaunch P3D, most likely it is a CORE Add-on's that get's launched during the P3D start.

S.

Just now, JoeFackel said:

Then its not a hard guess that one of your thousands addons is incompatible with 4.3

Happy to work with that assumption, just need to get to a state where I can disable them all 😛

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, simbol said:

LOL, well I just want to know were to attack the problem m8..

In that case, do the basic and update as many Add-on's as you can and try to relaunch P3D, most likely it is a CORE Add-on's that get's launched during the P3D start.

S.

I updated Chaseplane, not running AS yet or Rex Skyforce.

Run FTX Central to make sure that was updated.

No exe's on start, only 2 DLL's (PMDG ones) which I've temporarily deleted.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Happy to work with that assumption, just need to get to a state where I can disable them all 😛

You can:

1. Open your documents folder \ Prepard 3D\ 
  2. Make a backup of all add-on's inside.
  3. Remove all the Add-on's.XML files.
  4. Go to Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4
  5. Make a backup of  exe.xml and dll.xml
  6. Delete exe.xml and dll.xml
  7. Got to Local Disk C:\Users\AppData\.....\Roaming\L-M\Prepar3D v4
  8. Check if there is any exe.xml and dll.xml, if there is make a backup of these and remove them.
  9. Launch P3D again.

If it works, you then start enabling each Add-on one by one until you find the culprit.

Regards,
S.

Edited by simbol

10 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Folks...I don't care WHAT your system can produce with the sim ripped full open....lighting....shadows...water....You have GOT to see this sim now, with all features enabled at max...

The scene...especially water with full shadows...on ocean, river, lake, mountains, valleys....at dawn, dusk...will take your breath away. The sim is beautiful...BUT, you need to allow it to flex its muscles....

The two things that now really stand out for me...is the play of the dynamic lighting on all surfaces, including the clouds...and how great the rendering of shadows are on all surfaces, water as well as hard surface.  

Lockheed has nailed it, on this release!

Back to the flight around Kamloops....

Post Edit: Should mention that I only updated the Client...left everything else alone...

All this and we're only on version 4...;-)

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

6 minutes ago, simbol said:

You can:

1. Open your documents folder \ Prepard 3D\ 
  2. Make a backup of all add-on's inside.
  3. Remove all the Add-on's.XML files.
  4. Go to Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4
  5. Make a backup of  exe.xml and dll.xml
  6. Delete exe.cml and dll.xml
  7. Got to Local Disk C:\Users\AppData\.....\Roaming\L-M\Prepar3D v4
  8. Check if there is any exe.cml and dll.xml, if there is make a backup of these and remove them.
  9. Launch P3D again.

If it works, you then start enabling each Add-on one by one until you find the culprit.

Regards,
S.

Done - it rebuilds scenery.cfg, and I'm in!

Thanks...I suspect it may be A2A or Tacpak that was causing issues....

Thankyou very much!

Elaine maybe you should sticky this? 😛

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

xaP1VAU.png

40 minutes ago, tooting said:

When I install I'll be doing a complete reinstall / format etc etc. 

When installing simconnect do you install all of them??? 

Thanks 

format an SSD? :S

Victor Roos

Well...

didn't have much time to test before leaving for work, but the new C-130s are very nice and feel really good !

Performance wise I noticed a huge improvement even on this still same ( old ) i5 2500 + GTX 960 4GB !

Glad so far - very glad!

Now just have to make my mind about picking the PMDG 744, the DC-6, or investing in the FSLabs A319 ( I'm more fond of Airbuses these days... )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Let's wait for tomatoshade to be updated. 😄

People say that for GSX to work, the content needs to be updated. is that true? 😮

Edited by Victoroos

Victor Roos

8 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

It has been, about 30 mins ago

• Like 3

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just now, ZKOKQ said:

It has been, about 30 mins ago

haha, I clearly need to stop working and check all the sources, thanks! ^^

#backtoworknowbye

• Upvote 1

Victor Roos

9 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

People say that for GSX to work, the content needs to be updated. is that true? 😮

I doubt it, GSX uses it own engine (COATL) nothing to do with P3D content.

S.