Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Blurries out of nowhere

Same here, my sim was running perfectly fine for months, installed GSX L2 and now i have serious lagging in the first few minutes of boarding, and ran into a massive lag midflight which caused my autopilot to disconnect and scenery suddenly became blurry. And the bluriness didnt go away after pausing the sim, ("normal" bluriness would disappear after a while when pausing the sim). Had to restart my sim in order to fix the issue. 

40 minutes ago, Darcy said:

I can now confirm that with GSX 2 deleted I can fly with no blurries and cpu does not max out.  I would at least like to have the orginal GSX back so I can  get that working until someone comes up with a fix for this.  Anyone know where I can get the GSX version prior to 2.5.0.5?  I miss it already.

Thanks, 

Darcy

Thats might be difficult. Someone may still have an old installer backed up somewhere, but i'm not sure how often the full installer gets updated. Its quite rare that you have to update GSX through the full installer, so any earlier installer version may be pretty outdated and you cant run live update with an old version as it will force you to update through the full installer. 

Edited by Woozie

Yeah I found that out trying to load an old GSX download.  It would be nice if they made it available for us who are having issues so that our purchase, at least one of them (GSX), works for now level 2 looks great but really messes with my system.

I have the old installer and after I ran it, it did the initial install and than gave me errors prompting me to download the latest version. So running the old installer is pointless now.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I deactivated GSX 2 from addon manager, (suggestion so I could still use GSX).  But it still acts like it is activated.  I tried it at CYEG, CYQR and CYVR and get Sode gateways and people loading.

Something is going on here that is weird.

4 hours ago, w6kd said:

I find myself wondering what this test demonstrates, really.  I believe that Umberto has said that there's code in the FSDT scenery manager that requests destruction of objects when you fly away from an FSDT airport...could it be that load, location change, reload, location change, reload...etc is an artificiality that is piling up active scenery objects in memory without ever activating the trigger (flying away and out of range) that causes them to be destroyed/deleted from memory?  Seems that might explain it, but it's only a guess on my part.

To put it into perspective, we see serious anomalies in add-on aircraft panel function when they are sequentially loaded, as well.  In fact, PMDG's panel software actually warns you if you try loading one of their panels after running another non-default aircraft, including one of their own.

Most of the add-ons we use, including some of the best stuff out there, are still subject to the vagaries of the platform we're running them on.  Those developers aren't NASA, with a giant staff of validators and testers available to put tens or hundreds of thousands of man-hours into testing every conceivable way the software might be used and/or misused.  The idea is supposed to be to load an acft at an airport, then fly to another and land, I think.  Plenty of work is involved right there to try and iron out issues within the scope of the intended mainstream usage scenarios.  We accept that use of our best aircraft add-ons comes with limitations--loaded after a default acft, no sequential loading, no use as the default acft, for example--why would it be such a foul to recognize and accept the same sort of limitations with scenery (e.g. don't sequentially load and reload sceneries just as we don't sequentially load add-on acft)?

A rational discussion of what might or might not be going on--and why--is far more useful than trying to drive home the point that the developer has gotten it all wrong because if I reload the airport eight times in a row and then try to fly the ILS approach inverted, the dynamic light cones on the ramp don't work right.  That doesn't help Joe Average get his problem understood or solved.

Regards

Bob,

I don't know that my test demonstrates anything, other than eliciting the symptom I encountered...I'm not trying to win a popularity contest with the best bug find.

Certainly most of what you say is reasonable and logical, and I'm aware of the PMDG recommendation to not load any of their aircraft more than once per sim session. The reason for my consecutive airport loads, was that after installing the updated GSX (I don't own the level 2 addon), I simply wanted to take a look at the new jetways at several FSDT airports. The reason specifically to look at FSDT airports is that in my situation, with level 2 running in demo mode, I wouldn't see the new jetways at airports other than FSDT.

Admittedly, it's an unusual test, however, while PMDG has a recommendation against multiple loads of their aircraft, I've never seen anyone, anywhere, suggest similar conditions do/could exist with scenery.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that when loading a different scenery, that P3D would completely flush any buffers/memory of the previous scenery.

Further, I would suggest your last paragraph is so unreasonable as it relates to my condition, that it doesn't merit a discussion. I tried in good faith to work with Umberto at FSDT to investigate the problem, but it is hardly a 2 way street when his first response is that it couldn't possibly have anything to do with his product, and his second response is I need to wipe my system and reinstall everything.

I wasn't trying to help the average joe, I was simply adding an experience, and wondering if it could be related in any way to the subject of the thread. I'm sorry you got nothing out of it, so maybe next time just move on without comment.

Kind Regards,

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

6 hours ago, Darcy said:

I deactivated GSX 2 from addon manager, (suggestion so I could still use GSX).  But it still acts like it is activated.  I tried it at CYEG, CYQR and CYVR and get Sode gateways and people loading.

Something is going on here that is weird.

To Deactivate in their sense seems to be Deregister, because I, for instance, have not bought the addon and as such I don't have the option to Deactivate, it's just greyed out. Anyway this is not the solution to revert to GSX v1.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

So i recently reinstall windows10 and for some reason after i installed p3d i notice that i started getting blurry textures so i reinstall the sim and im still getting them, i tried cfg tweaks to see if it fixed it and that didn't work, tried Delete Generated Files and that didn't work, so i defaged my hard drive and that sort of worked then it started again so i don't what to do, I'm using FTX Global base pack and openLC North America, so does anyone might do know how to fix this?

Edited by Poppet
edited post to repair font color \ type

Thanks for this thread. Now I am glad that I did not have the time to buy it yet. Until the reason for these issues has been identified, I will stay away from GSX updates for now.

I am quite happy with my current sim setup right now and will not risk it for some nice jetways and moving Pax as cool as it it. And I surely will not wipe my system... and still might have issues when reinstalling GSX.

I will keep an eye on this and once this has been resolved, or it is save to say that GSX is not the reason for this, I will buy it asap.

Edited by Heavy Metal

5 hours ago, somiller said:

Bob,

I don't know that my test demonstrates anything, other than eliciting the symptom I encountered...I'm not trying to win a popularity contest with the best bug find.

Certainly most of what you say is reasonable and logical, and I'm aware of the PMDG recommendation to not load any of their aircraft more than once per sim session. The reason for my consecutive airport loads, was that after installing the updated GSX (I don't own the level 2 addon), I simply wanted to take a look at the new jetways at several FSDT airports. The reason specifically to look at FSDT airports is that in my situation, with level 2 running in demo mode, I wouldn't see the new jetways at airports other than FSDT.

Admittedly, it's an unusual test, however, while PMDG has a recommendation against multiple loads of their aircraft, I've never seen anyone, anywhere, suggest similar conditions do/could exist with scenery.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that when loading a different scenery, that P3D would completely flush any buffers/memory of the previous scenery.

Further, I would suggest your last paragraph is so unreasonable as it relates to my condition, that it doesn't merit a discussion. I tried in good faith to work with Umberto at FSDT to investigate the problem, but it is hardly a 2 way street when his first response is that it couldn't possibly have anything to do with his product, and his second response is I need to wipe my system and reinstall everything.

I wasn't trying to help the average joe, I was simply adding an experience, and wondering if it could be related in any way to the subject of the thread. I'm sorry you got nothing out of it, so maybe next time just move on without comment. 

Kind Regards,

I ran a few tests myself (with pre-v2 GSX and pretty much all of the FSDT sceneries amongst hundreds of others), and yes, after the second reload, there is a marked but temporary slowdown at ~37% on the progress bar during terrain loading.  I loaded the PMDG 737 at KLAS gate A12, then KMEM gate B12, the KJFK gate 803.  I get a 2-3 min period where the virtual CPUs associated with scenery loading (vCPU 4-7 on my HT-enabled quad i7-7700K) are firewalled at 100%, and after that bump in workload, normal loading then resumes.  It does not get progressively worse with successive reloads after that.

That said, the point in the terrain loading phase where this occurs is well before the FSDT scenery is loaded.  I would guess that this phenomena is most likely related to my vector scenery (Ultimate Terrain USA v2) and how P3D is handling unloading/reloading of the terrain data across multiple reloads.  It does not appear to have any downstream effect once things have loaded, which would be consistent with a slowdown occurring as the vector scenery is built and fused atop the underlying tiles and terrain mesh.

I read your exchange in the other forum, and did not interpret what Umberto said (in English as his second language) as a recommendation you rebuild your system.  What I heard was him saying that you may have to go there if you can't determine what it is, on your system, that is making it function differently than his and many others.  At any rate, I thought that you may have started in good faith, but you went ugly on him fairly quickly into the exchange.

I don't think this slowdown after multiple reloads you're describing is anything but a P3D anomaly that moderately affects loading times after multiple successive scenery reloads.  Remnds me of the guy going to the doctor: "hey doc, it hurts when I do this."  Doc: "well then don't DO that."

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

17 hours ago, somiller said:

My better solution: system restore from a disk image made the day prior to installing the new GSX - problem solved.

Then you later admitted you were wrong:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18432.msg129378.html#msg129378

I have the same symptom after restoring from a system image made the day prior to running the new GSX updater. After loading P3D Eglin (default scenario airport) and then load FSDT airports, the 2nd one I try to load takes about 10 min

Is there anybody else having FSDT airports taking 10 minutes to load ? Is this a common ? Do this has anything to do with this thread subject, which is the blurred scenery ?

If this is the result of upgrading to GSX v2, my first thought is "why can I just keep what I have?" This sounds like a mandatory update.

Second, I tried a simple uninstall of GSX, some airports require GSX. Once again, v2 is a mandatory update.

Third, the price. I'm not going to pay for an upgrade that I don't need.

Despite all that, so far I don't see any blurry scenery as a result of upgrading to GSX v2.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

53 minutes ago, DJJose said:

If this is the result of upgrading to GSX v2, my first thought is "why can I just keep what I have?" This sounds like a mandatory update.

The most important word of your sentence is, in fact, the IF. If this happened to everyone, than yes, you could say it's the "result" of upgrading GSX.

Second, I tried a simple uninstall of GSX, some airports require GSX. Once again, v2 is a mandatory update.

Yes, it is. We already used GSX L2 jetways to update JFK2, and we'll shortly do the same for all the older airports. 

Third, the price. I'm not going to pay for an upgrade that I don't need.

Those are only the additional *optional* features, which you are supposed to pay, but, in addition to GSX Level 2, we also updated GSX. Nobody noticed the new human voices for Pushback and Deice users has been asking for years, for example ? These are part of the core GSX product, so they are free to existing users.

This it's just like any other of our software updates and, as of today, they were always mandatory. If you wanted to use KCLT, you had to install GSX, and the same is valid for KIAH, KSDF, KMEM, KLAS. All our airport updates since last year, when we started using SODE, require GSX.

This is JUST a new GSX installer. The paid part is irrelevant to the fact you still must install it to use the airports.

The alternative would have been saying:

"Wait 6 months to have all the other FSDT sceneries updated to SODE jetways"

OR

"These sceneries are old, we'll support SODE only in the upcoming ones"

Instead, thanks to the new easy to use editor (which is easy to use for us too! ) we could probably take weeks instead of months to update all the older sceneries because, fact they are old doesn't mean they shouldn't be left outdated.

Despite all that, so far I don't see any blurry scenery as a result of upgrading to GSX v2.

Well, this is good to hear, and I'm sure this is what happens to the vast majority of users (we had several *thousands* downloads just the first day...). That doesn't mean we'll not continue to investigate why blurries happens to those that reported them.

• Like 1

While I guess it’s possible these users getting sudden, very obvious/severe blurries has nothing to do with GSX v2, it seems like an awful lot of very similar stories where the only common thread is in fact GSX v2. I realize this is a really weird/tough one to run down for Umberto, but I’ll be staying well away from v2 until the cause is discovered/fixed (or at least understood). The risk may be low, but it’s just not worth taking until this is better understood.

Too bad, since the new features look great. That said, I want to thank all the Avsim users who have alerted all of us here to these issues. If I hadn’t seen these reports, I would have installed this by now — with possibly dire results. These kind of heads ups are exactly what makes Avsim such a critical resource for the community.

James

It could be that GSX 2 is not causing the blurry issues directly but triggering a weakness in something else. I have GSX 2 installed and I’m not experancing the blurry issues but at least 2 of my friends are after updating to GSX2. They both uninstalled GSX and their problems are gone for now. To bad GSX 1&2 aren’t separate installers. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro