HiFlyer

Realistic 'Flight Simulator' Puts Players in Economy Class

In the upcoming PC game 'Flight Simulator,' the only objective is to enjoy your flight.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ev7dqj/flight-simulator-game-pc

Excerpt:

When I boarded my first flight last year, I was about as calm as a washing machine with a brick inside. I took my seat, vacuum-sealed my ears, cranked up a podcast and let the force of the aircraft taxiing wash over me. It wasn’t that bad—fun, even. What nobody told me was that the airplane accelerated a second time. I was frozen in an anxious stupor while the plane climbed into the air. Then, after my feet stopped sweating, I was inhaling cookies reading an ebook, forgetting I was airborne at all.

Flying is a harrowing test of nerve, and at the same time utterly mundane, and that mundanity is the foundation on which developer Hosni Auji built Flight Simulator. It’s a first-person point and click game, where you fly a real time route from New York to Reykjavik, Iceland. Except instead of playing the pilot, you’re a passenger.

On the five-hour journey, you do everything that real airline passengers can: slide open your window, close your window, lower your cup holder, read an entire actual novel. If the plane’s too loud, throw on your headphones so you can concentrate on some sudoku. Enjoy an inflight film or listen to the ambient coughing and crying baby in the background. If you want, you can even chill on your real phone while the game runs in the background. Flight Simulator doesn’t care what you do. Your only objective is to enjoy your flight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't  wait for HardAir's Crazy-Drunk Passengers addon (and the freeware wardrobe packs) to use with the default smartphone. It`ll make for great content uploaded to YouTube. 

bc

A320-300? Is that what they call the NEO version?

Edited by Christopher Low

Soon to be followed by the equally thrilling: 'Queue up to use the cash machine outside Tesco on a Saturday afternoon simulator', and the groundbreaking: 'Wait for three and a half hours to see a doctor in casualty simulator.'

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Chock said:

Soon to be followed by the equally thrilling: 'Queue up to use the cash machine outside Tesco on a Saturday afternoon simulator', and the groundbreaking: 'Wait for three and a half hours to see a doctor in casualty simulator.'

Hmm that's painting a picture for me.  Large cash withdrawal on a Saturday, long gap in remembered events, A&E.