skwaL

Paintkit availability for 747-8s?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I was wondering when are we going to see paintkits released for 747-8s.

Thank you,
Konstantin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Haha... sorry, after reading so many posts today with all the problems a few are having with the new release this struck me as funny.  I'm sure it will be within a few weeks.  There is always clean up work to do with any v1.0 release and the paint kit might not come out until v1.1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, downscc said:

Haha... sorry, after reading so many posts today with all the problems a few are having with the new release this struck me as funny.  I'm sure it will be within a few weeks.  There is always clean up work to do with any v1.0 release and the paint kit might not come out until v1.1.

Hmm....interesting....I thought the 747-400 paint kit got released the same time the plane did, or is my memory off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Kevin said:

Hmm....interesting....I thought the 747-400 paint kit got released the same time the plane did, or is my memory off.

I thought Rob said it would be later today for the Paintkit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

I thought Rob said it would be later today for the Paintkit.

Not Rob, but Chris.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who needs a paintkit? 😁

I'm already modding Cargolux to put Joe on her....

G7OMTk.jpg

Will release publicly if PMDG is OK with me using their original Cargolux textures with the Joe and 45 years logos.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Who needs a paintkit? 😁

I'm already modding Cargolux to put Joe on her....

G7OMTk.jpg

Will release publicly if PMDG is OK with me using their original Cargolux textures with the Joe and 45 years logos.

I suggest you shoot them a ticket, if you haven’t already!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Easy for you to say when you already have a livery to work with. Haha.

Yeah, but even if we don't get the paintkit soon and you wanted to paint an -8 from scratch... and had some skill and forethought to look at the -400 texture maps, you'd realize the -8 maps are almost identical, just stretched as you'd imagine.  The tail texture is identical.  So you can actually paint an -8 with the 400 paintkit and make a few adjustments when you move the textures to the maps.

But I'm sure you already knew that. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, calzonister said:

I suggest you shoot them a ticket, if you haven’t already!

Hey Leo...Hoping PMDG sees this post and OKs it....not really wanting to drop a ticket into the queue just to ask if I can release a paint of their's I modded a bit....I'm SURE they'll be pretty busy with real issues for at least the next few days with the -8 release. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Yeah, but even if we don't get the paintkit soon and you wanted to paint an -8 from scratch... and had some skill and forethought to look at the -400 texture maps, you'd realize the -8 maps are almost identical, just stretched as you'd imagine.  The tail texture is identical.  So you can actually paint an -8 with the 400 paintkit and make a few adjustments when you move the textures to the maps.

But I'm sure you already knew that. :wink:

My problem right now is even getting the -400 to activate, let alone the -8. So I don't even have any way to check any textures for the -8 anyhow (still trying to download given the slow Wi-Fi at this truck stop, so not even installed yet). That and finding the time to actually muck around with the extra details of the stretched section of the fuselage, like rivets and such when I do get it to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

My problem right now is even getting the -400 to activate, let alone the -8. So I don't even have any way to check any textures for the -8 anyhow (still trying to download given the slow Wi-Fi at this truck stop, so not even installed yet). That and finding the time to actually muck around with the extra details of the stretched section of the fuselage, like rivets and such when I do get it to work.

UGH...sorry to hear you have issues downloading it.....if you were in Dallas I'd invite ya over and you'd have the download in a few seconds (I have a really fast ISP)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Will release publicly if PMDG is OK with me using their original Cargolux textures with the Joe and 45 years logos.

I think we prefer that people avoid altering our work directly, but...submit a ticket so I can run it by the right people if you don't mind?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I think we prefer that people avoid altering our work directly, but...submit a ticket so I can run it by the right people if you don't mind?

Will do Kyle.

She's all ready to go as the Joe Sutter LX-VCL.

I also added some texturing on the cargolux text which gives it a more shiny look....I thought it looked too flat compared to real life.

s2CjZC.jpg\

EDIT....ticket submitted.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

I think we prefer that people avoid altering our work directly, but...submit a ticket so I can run it by the right people if you don't mind?

Kyle, 

Will there be a announcement when the Paint Kit becomes available (time allowing), or do you suggest we keep checking the download page?

 

Edited by calzonister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now