Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Poll: Most wanted feature enhancement for P3D v5

My most wished for feature enhancement for P3Dv5   

287 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What do you most want to see feature enhanced/improved in P3Dv5?

• Revamped ATC
    • New Terrain engine
    • Better atmospherics (TrueSky)
    • Sloped runways
    • Better thread optimization
    • Autogen scaling
    • Turboprob modelling
    • Realistic crash modelling
    • Physical Based Rendering (PBR)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2018 at 08:21 AM

It's difficult to keep count of responses in normal forum threads.  If you have contributed to the other thread, convert your response to a polled response here.  

Could one of the mods please pin this for a week?

• Like 2

I picked "Better thread optimization" but what I want is better performance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Henry Street said:

I picked "Better thread optimization" but what I want is better performance. 

I specifically left better performance out because that's usually the result of some other improvement and isn't in itself a feature enhancement.  I think as a general rule 'better performance' is always general goal

I bet the end result will be the ATC, this is the result of years of failure of Vatsim + IVAO + Etc. in providing better environment for online users so people are retrieving back to flying offline since they want to feel the immersion level of ATC traffic, unfortunately the offline ATC is also bad but at least they can ignore it, buy PRO-ATCx, VOXATC, RC4 and others and have a slight improvement.

If only you could control the AI traffic better.. :wink:

S. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

retrieving back to flying offline since they want to feel the immersion level of ATC

There is no immersion in PC generated ATC.  I wish more people would convert to online

Is the result of this poll being posted on the LM requested P3D features forum.  

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just now, rjfry said:

Is the result of this poll being posted on the LM requested P3D features forum.  

can be arranged.

• Upvote 1

I wondered only I see you started three threads on this forum about the shortcomings of P3D in the past week.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

46 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I specifically left better performance out because that's usually the result of some other improvement and isn't in itself a feature enhancement.  I think as a general rule 'better performance' is always general goal

seems like "better thread optimization" (better performance) is an early leader

There is no immersion in PC generated ATC.  I wish more people would convert to online

I am not sure that you would appreciate having my PMDG airliners flying around online. There could be a few close calls, and I don't like being shouted at :ph34r:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Don't get me wrong, everyone hate the PC generated ATC this is why they want it better, but they prefer to see traffic around rather than end up flying alone on empty skies on Unicom 128.00.

And yes if more people fly online then it would be different, but some how VATSIM + IVAO + Etc. are not doing a good job on this subject!

S.

• Upvote 2

Hi Folks,

Yeah - more specifically - my holy grail for ATC - is ATC that provides actual traffic separation - also ATC that is terrain aware - even with addons I don't think either has been accomplished yet...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Even just fixing the shadows appear/disappear since P3Dv3 will do for me :) 

Roi Ben

I don't think of True Sky as better atmospherics for P3D. From what I saw in FSW, True Sky left a lot to be desired, and I much prefer ASP4 over True Sky.

But I must say I'm in favor of all the improvements listed. Weather just has an edge on all features for me, possibly because its the most difficult to get correct, as it is the most important, dynamic, and diverse aspect of flight.