Brian,

Just wondering if you can provide an update on whether the -8 product is a simple update or if its gonna be a while before youre able to get a product out for the -8 ?  I for one, will gladly pay for an update for the -8 model (i only speak for me, no backlash please).  I understand you have a big workload with UGCX but wondering if the -8 will be a simple update or not?  Thanks!

Jay Dames

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The ECL is the big issue.  In few weeks we'll know more.

Best,

I suppose it all depends if PMDG has included the ECL in the SDK...

I've been busy on the Aerosoft Airbus 3.3 update, but it looks like it's almost done.

For the 748, looks like we'll have to use mouse clicks to control the ECL like we did in the 777.

Update:  The mouse clicks in the ECL are proving a bit frustrating.

So I'll just port the 400 version over to the 8 model.

There will be no ECL control I'm afraid. 

Also, the SDK doesn't allow for mouse click control, so there's a potential legal issue I'd rather avoid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, byork said:

Disappointing but I understand the issues.

Thanks for the update, Brian !  Any approximate idea when u will be able to release an update that will include the -8?

Edited by Jayceick Dames

October is going to be Updates month at FS2Crew.

I got a whole slew of updates coming out this month.

The PMDG 747 should be one of them.

Awesome!  Thanks Brian for all your hard work!  Excited for the -8 update.....its pretty lonely in the cockpit.....not sure what id do without your programs!  Btw, you said October.....you mean November right?  lol

Edited by Jayceick Dames

Thanks!

November is the big Update month here 🙂

• Like 1

Surly do appreciate you and your FS2Crew products Bryan!🙂

On 10/29/2018 at 12:04 PM, byork said:

Update:  The mouse clicks in the ECL are proving a bit frustrating.

So I'll just port the 400 version over to the 8 model.

Also, the SDK doesn't allow for mouse click control, so there's a potential legal issue I'd rather avoid.

In my opinion that's fine, I don't use the ECL in the 777 because it somehow always gets screwed up a bit... rather have fs2crew than no fs2crew... ECL or not!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, windshearDK said:

In my opinion that's fine, I don't use the ECL in the 777 because it somehow always gets screwed up a bit... rather have fs2crew than no fs2crew... ECL or not!

Let's just hope in future PMDG products they allow for SDK control over the ECL 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Bryan

Not sure if it helps, but unlike the 777, the 747-8 allows ECL controls to be mapped to keys (scroll up, scroll down, click), so i'd assume there are LVARs for those controls as well. I'm not an expert so i dont know if that would be helpful for you 

Hi Lars,

Thanks, but I've looked at it closely.  The key mapping could work and it would not be an EULA SDK violation to use that system, but the problem is "reading" the ECL.  That's not possible.  The FO would be acting "blind", and unless the user did things exactly right and never touched the ECL, things could go to pot very easily.

We're porting the 400 version into the 8 model.  Users will be getting it for free, so you'll still have your paper checklists, etc.

I'm looking for more FSX testers.

If you have FSX, please contact me.

Thanks,

7 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Lars,

Thanks, but I've looked at it closely.  The key mapping could work and it would not be an EULA SDK violation to use that system, but the problem is "reading" the ECL.  That's not possible.  The FO would be acting "blind", and unless the user did things exactly right and never touched the ECL, things could go to pot very easily.

Understood, thanks Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I can't say anything on the development stuff.. But the 747-8 complains on the EICAS if the ECL isn't properly worked through. It's not designed to be flown with paper checklists.

Edited by Ephedrin

You'll just need to manually run through the ECL.

• Like 1

Hello to everyone. I got fs2crew for pmdg 747-400   but i dont know where to find the update to move it over 747-8. Can you link instructions? I am gonna run my pc today after few months and i want to fly the new  747-8 with co pilot even with manual ecl

Thanks 

3 hours ago, kwstakis1312 said:

Hello to everyone. I got fs2crew for pmdg 747-400   but i dont know where to find the update to move it over 747-8. Can you link instructions? I am gonna run my pc today after few months and i want to fly the new  747-8 with co pilot even with manual ecl

Thanks 

This is because the update is not yet released. Some more patience I guess...

Cheers

Edited by Sunny Andonov

We have a lot of updates coming out at this time as you've noticed from our Facebook page.

We're still testing the 747 update.  So far there are a couple little things we need to fix.

Note that there's no ECL support.

Hey Bryan,

If you need another tester for P3D, I’m available.  I dont have the -8 on my FSX though.

Edited by Jayceick Dames