Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

C310 Pilot ?

Hi Folks,

Any of you virtual C310 pilots following these guys ?

They do a nice job - two air traffic controllers from Chicago - this video starts with their trip to the Bahamas... They showcase the C310 well...

What a panel - love the plane even if it does have the stubby nose...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Two things I noticed (besides the co-pilot):  He's got a yaw damper switch over on the left side of the front panel; and the gas gauges were dancing all over the place in the choppy air on approach to Williston.

Cheers!

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Yes, I've seen most of their videos, good viewing, but noticed that their mixture controls are always well split.

Cheers

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Yep, subscribed to their channel some time ago and always look forward to new material from them.  Highly recommended!

Scott

Edited by tttocs

On 11/25/2018 at 10:01 PM, Freo said:

Yes, I've seen most of their videos, good viewing, but noticed that their mixture controls are always well split.

I noticed the same thing. Even when taxiing.  Also had to grin when he was wandering side to side on the taxiway at Williston as he was advancing through his takeoff checklist.  Almost ran off the left side onto the grass.  Guess my sim is realistic after all <grin>

Anyone know what the screen gauge is under the wx radar? Just in front of the mix levers.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

12 hours ago, fppilot said:

I noticed the same thing. Even when taxiing.  Also had to grin when he was wandering side to side on the taxiway at Williston as he was advancing through his takeoff checklist.  Almost ran off the left side onto the grass.  Guess my sim is realistic after all <grin>

Hi Folks,

Hah - yeah - noticed as well - my CFI would have had his ash for that... You run checklists and spin dials - when stopped...

:tongue:

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

58 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Hah - yeah - noticed as well - my CFI would have had his ash for that... You run checklists and spin dials - when stopped...

Regards,
Scott

Watched two more videos.  Appears for the mixture levers he just instinctively positions them based on memory.  He does not seem to adjust one or the other. Just moves L to point a and R to point b, and both at the same time with one hand motion.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Got a grin tonight as I watched more of this C310 pilots videos.  I paused a video (Youtube) to take a break.  When I came back to my desk and began to resume the video, I found myself hitting the P key to end the pause......  Got a good laugh when I woke up to the fact that I wasn't in the sim....  Does that make a statement about the Milviz Redux?

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Did he use the entire left tank and then mix ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

10 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Did he use the entire left tank and then mix ?

Are you are referring back to the posts about his placement of mixture levers?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Hi Folks,

Mixture levers - is that what you get from the videos ???

Did you miss the one where she talks about "boob sweat" - LOL - you're missing the important points...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

Yes, I catch a lot of her comments. LOL! It all comes out when you film yourself in real time for hours at a time.....

Here is the "indexing" for lack of another term that he does with his mixture levers. The positions in this screen capture is about as close together as I see them in any of the videos.  Usually just a bit more separation. If you watch him it appears to be a natural movement on his part. Instinctive.  He does not appear to adjust one, and then the other while looking at gauge response.  Just sort of set and forget.  After takeoff and positioning them he rarely changes the positions, even for approach and landing.

Mixture%20C310%20pilot-L.jpg

• Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

On 12/21/2018 at 11:53 AM, fppilot said:

Are you are referring back to the posts about his placement of mixture levers?

no for about half the vid it looks like he only uses the left fuel tank, then all of a sudden they are split.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

no for about half the vid it looks like he only uses the left fuel tank, then all of a sudden they are split.

Can you post a screen capture?  I have not seen the fuel selectors, which are on the floor, in any of the camera angles he uses.

Frank Patton
ASUS