Sign in to follow this  
Dreamsofwings1

Needing a jet recommendation!

I am mainly into warbirds and propeller driven GA but considering studying biz jet ops.  I have the Phenom 300 which I haven't done much with but I wondered if anyone can recommend the best current Carenado jet if it is another?  Maybe I am being unfair but my impression of the Carenado jets is that they are 90% there, gorgeous visuals but the autopilot functionality and flight models sometimes a bit lacking.  Was considering the Flight1 Cessna Mustang or one of the Carenado jets and wondered if any of the jet experts here could give me a pointer?

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel

S550 Citation II is in my opinion the most complete jet from Carenado, but as you know Carenado products are not deep modeled when talking about systems. You should check xtremeprototypes learjet 25 (3.0 is near release) , and flysimware Learjet and Falcon, the textures in general are not the best in the market but the systems are very well modeled. Best regards. 

• Upvote 2

Hi Folks,

As a prop guy - this is the jet that pulled me into the world of turbines...

Flysimware Lear 35A - textures aren't on par with Carenado - granted - but they're enough to be immersive and truly not bad - 3D modeling is good - excellent custom autopilot - systems work as they should - I can't think of any major bugs - it has an incredible TSS sound set - a GTN (modeled in 3D) can be realistically added and used to match real world operations - 3D REX Wx Radar support - and it's just a plain hoot to fly... Just be aware - things happen fast - very fast in an aircraft that can launch with 6000 FPM climbs - it takes some practice if unfamiliar... It's actually one of my all time favorite - most flown aircraft - in FS - and I've been doing this a while... They have good sales - often - and some of the best support in our hobby with an active customer dialog... This aircraft has been continually updated and improved over the years since its release...

I've also heard many good thing on the Xtreme Prototypes model - but I haven't tried it...

Regards,
Scott

45411877765_4cdd052df9_k.jpg

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I like the extreme prototype lear 25. It is old school type flying. It also has jet fighter performance, made me a better pilot.

Regards Ted

• Upvote 1

If you want "at all cost a Carenado jet", may be you should wait the upcoming Falcon 50EX! 

Edited by Pat Mussotte
  • Upvote 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Although I completely agree with the suggestions thus far from everyone on this thread (especially Fly sim Ware; one of my favourite developers for all kinds of good reasons), I'll throw another contender into the mix which I think would suit well for reasons I'll get into below...

This being the NextGen Simulations Cessna Citation CJ4 (aka the Cessna Model 525C). It's inexpensive to pick this one up, yet it has quite a lot of depth for the price, being a clever mix between realism and ease of use, so it's a good intro to BizJets, which is as you say, your goal. But among the reasons I make this suggestion, related to that goal of yours, in that this particular little add-on BizJet has one of the nicest tutorials of any manual I've come across for an airliner/business jet, with a clear and concisely written tutorial, which succinctly covers how to plan a flight route and program it into an FMC, using high altitude airways properly, so it genuinely does serve as a great intro to business jets at a bargain basement price (search about and you'll likely find it on sale somewhere at 20 quid).

Add this to the fact that it gets really good frame rates, comes with 12 paint jobs and a good paint kit, includes two different variants of the CJ4, with different exterior models, has a fairly detailed simulation of a Collins Proline avionics fit plus a switchable FMC should you wish to tart it up further. Has great sounds for the Williams FJ 44 engines, has a full set of 2D panels as well as the VC, for those who like their pop up panels.

I would recommend that you check out screenshots of it though before hitting any 'add to cart' buttons however because - as with Fly Sim Ware too - the NextGen Simulations CJ4 is not quite in the same league for eye candy as Carenado's offerings, which as you probably know is definitely their strong point. So if you do give it a look, make sure you look closely at the VC and determine whether you'd be happy with its appearance, which is not bad, but Carenado's are undeniably prettier to look at if this matters to you.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The Flight1 Cessna Mustang is a bit dated but a very good all around little jet. All systems are modeled very well and their G1000 is very functional. With the addition of the Sierra Livery interior and exterior she looks great. Not as fast as some of the others, but a solid performer and one of my all time favorites. The only caveat I would have is that you need a pretty good system to run it because it is pretty heavy on FPS. I have a 4790K, 970 video card and have no problem.

Good Luck!

Martin 

Edited by MartinRex007
  • Like 1

I'm confused why this thread ended up in the Carenado forums if everyone intends to recommend other vendors. Seems like this could have been better served in a general forum.

51 minutes ago, el_kab0ng said:

I'm confused why this thread ended up in the Carenado forums if everyone intends to recommend other vendors. Seems like this could have been better served in a general forum.

I started it here in the Carenado forum because I have the Phenom and was asking principally if anyone had any recommendations of the best Carenado jet.   This forum seemed the best place to start.

Edited by Dreamsofwings1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

I started it here in the Carenado forum because I have the Phenom and was asking principally if anyone had any recommendations of the best Carenado jet.   This forum seemed the best place to start.

Yeah.. not complaining about OP, but the respondents who immediately recommended planes outside of Carenado. Not sure why things around here quickly go off topic when it comes to Carenado, but whatever. If you can't recommend something in the line up, don't post at all.

I personally own all of the Carenado jets and find the best ones (based on my needs) are the S550 and the Hawker. One is good for short, slow hops, and the other is good for more range operations. I'm excited about the Falcon which extends the range even further (by about 500nm) and will be Carenado's first VR capable jet with more than 2 engines.

4 hours ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

If you happen to own the GTN 750 gauge (Flight1 or RXP), the Phenom 300 can be transformed and becomes a leading contender IMHO..

https://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=53360&title=gtn-in-phenom-300

Bert

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

If you happen to own the GTN 750 gauge (Flight1 or RXP), the Phenom 300 can be transformed and becomes a leading contender IMHO..

https://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=53360&title=gtn-in-phenom-300

Hi Bert, yes you very kindly sent me your modification when I had the Phenom in FSX.  Maybe I should try that again in P3D!

Only issue I have at the moment is that since 4.4 and or a new Windows 10 update 1809 and or something else happening, any time I try to load an aircraft with the Flight1 GTN it causes a CTD and despite all my attempts to reinstall the Flight1 software and Garmin trainer multiple times it is still broken.  I have posted a link on the Flight1 forum to try and solve this.  Always had rock solid performance out of my Flight1 GTN setup so this is unusual!