Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

CaptainSim 757 P3D v4

3 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

I also don't like the cockpit lighting not to be realistically implemented

I have about 20 aircraft and you will not find a nicer interior VC lighting for $25 and specially in a jumbo.

47 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I thought it flew just fine. in fact enjoyable, specially for 25 bucks..

As Captain Mac said, "you get a little bit of heartburn but nothing to lose sleep over".

I think it's a fair review in a nutshell, ok I had to reinstall and learn the FMC but once you master it it's a piece of cake, I also wrote down my own checklists, and yes it still has a few quirks with the AP but I have two complete flights with it taking my time and I have to admit it was very nice.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

If and when you upgrade your CPU, you can probably enjoy it more.  This is my fps using the FSUIPC log utility:

Over the years I have seen many members having major issues with their flight simulator and, where I get over 40 fps, they could only get 10 to 15.  On further explanation, it was found the member had 5 or 6 monitors.  Things like that.

As I have stated elsewhere in the past, I believe many developers take advantage of the latest technology to give their products more eye-candy now that those who use 64 bit technology as in P3DV4 do not have to worry about out of memory errors and can push their sliders much higher.  The more eye-candy, the more sales.  

Agree on most of this Jim. I'm not complaining really as I do think CS have done a great job on the level of the systems and the key thing is you can adjust your detail in P3d so the view is perfectly acceptable and frame rates will be pretty stable. It is the spiking and unstable fps of some products I find a bit much and that indicates not much effort was put into the reason why.

I'll be upgrading soon so looking forward to that.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

4 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

intriguing, what is this tweak you speak of?  if there are parms in aircraft.cfg or entries in the .air file, like to know...

I just did a few air file tweaks, and tightened up the roll and pitch which was a bit too loose and wallowy for my liking, but it is a subjective thing. I think it hand flies very nicely and for me the a/p behaves extremely well in the main. There isn't much in the aircraft config that can be done except fiddle with the inertia values and rather crude stability values.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

10 minutes ago, robert young said:

I just did a few air file tweaks, and tightened up the roll and pitch which was a bit too loose and wallowy for my liking, but it is a subjective thing. I think it hand flies very nicely and for me the a/p behaves extremely well in the main. There isn't much in the aircraft config that can be done except fiddle with the inertia values and rather crude stability values.

would be great if you can post the changes (img of .air changes or values edited), pretty please with sugar on top 🙂 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

In case you folks didn't catch it, V1.3 is out.  It sounds like a re-find version of .209.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

4 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

would be great if you can post the changes (img of .air changes or values edited), pretty please with sugar on top 🙂 

Please PM me. 

Edited by robert young

Jim summed it up quite nicely.  I dont find much issue with the CS757 other than odd quirks once in a while. But hey thats realistic in the real world. Pilots deal with oddities that just come up with no explanation. So. deal with it.  If your VNAV is not behaving just perfectly, then intervene with V/S or FLCHG or heaven forbid, manual flight. Same goes for LNAV. But honestly , its quite good, and well improved from initial release. The 24hr sale was a steal. I paid the 70$ when it came out too which is steep, but the 757 is alot of fun to fly. 

There was some issues with A/T before and some other things, but they have been taken care of and CS has taken this release more seriously than previous aircraft. Hopefully they do the 767. 

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

On 12/25/2018 at 5:44 AM, Wanthuyr Filho said:

How does this plane compare with QW787 in terms of lacking realism and bugs?

TBH both are good. They need some minor fixes but you now can definetely fly these no problem. These ain't pmdg level though, but if you're a guy like me who just flys around in this thing it's more than ok. ON both the sounds are good, and the physics can be improved but it's still very serious. 

The information on the CS website states that the P3D v4 version of the 757 needs a minimum of 3GB VRAM. I only have a 2GB GTX 770, so I would like to know if anyone has tried using this package in P3D v4 with only 2GB VRAM. If so, did you need to (for example) disable the passenger cabin? Or is 3GB the absolute minimum required?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello Christopher,

as you apparently have P32D v4 and presumably the CS 757 now, perhaps

you could use your skills as a tester test it yourself to find the answer to your

very particular question.

Edited by nolonger

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The information on the CS website states that the P3D v4 version of the 757 needs a minimum of 3GB VRAM. I only have a 2GB GTX 770, so I would like to know if anyone has tried using this package in P3D v4 with only 2GB VRAM. If so, did you need to (for example) disable the passenger cabin? Or is 3GB the absolute minimum required?

I have a 2gb 750ti waiting for a 1060 to arrive in teh mailbox this week. I IS indeed gpu demanding, but you can still fly it (i recommend disabling vc cabin) as I got myself about 25fps in the vc with the cabin off and roughly 30 outside in cruise. It gets a bit worse on landings though. WIth DL on and complex scenery it can get pretty low... (sometimes under 10fps on final). I'd say it depends where you're going. T2G EDDM? Forget it. However, "2nd class" airports like ibiza, or even gatwick can run quite good (my experience with this system) and so it will allow autogen for example to load quicker , as you have less cpu load. It's a bit like QW787, but with a bit less load on gpu i'd say.

So, to make it short, yes, you can run this with a 2g card, but if you can get something better, go for it.

11 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

got it for the 25$ looks really nice,

who knows where the manual located?

I think you have to download them (I don't read those so not sure here) on the product page in the sim ops section.

Hi guys,

in my test the only very big problem with this bird is WX and Radar Terrain. When show on ND, fps drop and see bad stutters. Disable wx or rdr terrain in ND...fps good and no stutters. Use 1.3 on p3d 4.4 (full install, no update). My rig...I7 7700k@5ghz, 16gb ram, gtx 1080, win10 x64 pro. Anyone have same trouble? 

Gianluca Balloni

On 12/25/2018 at 10:43 AM, kiek said:

I made two flights yesterday. I have flown the LevelD-767 for some 1000 hours so it was not difficult for me to get this bird in the air. However, one problem: I could not change the speed in the IAS/MACH window of the MCP. It seems it is stuck? Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Found the solution: you have to use the mouse wheel...!