Sign in to follow this  
solwell1

Newbie question...

I'm looking to add a realityxp gps to my P3Dv4.4 and am wondering if specific units only work with specific aircraft.  In other words can I use a GTN 750/650 unit in the carenado f33a? Or will it only be able to use the 430/530?  Can these gauges once purchased be installed in multiple aircraft? 

thanks

steve

You can use anything with anything and I believe you can have two different types (GTN and GNS) on one panel. You can certainly have two of the same family in one panel. However that is on the basis of using the popup version of the gauge/

VC integration is another matter and relies on the aircraft model developer providing a 3D bezel model for the gauge to go into. The F33A is an old model and Carenado don't really do much updating of their products beyond initial release so I would imagine it supports the older GNS series only in the virtual cockpit. A2A's new Bonanza supports the GTN (not sure about GNS).

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. Find my spec and settings in "About me" on my profile.

support1.jpg

The Carenado F33 does not have room in the radio stack for a GTN 750, but a GTN 650 will fit nicely.

It really depends aircraft by aircraft..

• Like 1

Bert