Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

26 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

But that requires Dev time to make it happen, maybe when the new team starts in September we'll see it addressed

Somewhere I have the feeling that that will not happen ...

Orbx is working on multiple projects and SP’s are mostly released 6-12 months later.. 

The True Earth series are XP packages ported over to P3Dv4. If you disable all shadows, use clear weather and set Lod Rafius to minimum then it is sort of flyable for most people.

I have built an extra left view pc ( 8700K @5.0 Ghz / 16 Gb 4000 memory / 2080 OC / 2 TB M2 SSD ) to give the main pc  ( 7940X@4.7 Ghz / 32 Gb 3400 memory / 2080 Ti OC / 2 TB M2 SSD ) some  breathing space ..... 3x 4K displays..

I now can fly over TE NL Amsterdam + FT Schiphol + Live AI Traffic + Real Weather with high settings , but don’t ask me at what financial cost ..

Orbx should do more for P3Dv4 users regarding heavy scenery ....

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

@Christopher Low I don't know what mesh you are currently using. Toposim  is currently offering a GB mesh up to 19m for free on their own website under 'Daily Freebie'. Could be better than 30m with TE GB North.

My existing Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery has a 5m mesh resolution, and that is essential for a country like Scotland. I dread to think what (for example) Dunnottar Castle looks like in the XPlane version of TrueEarth GB North. In the real world, this is a ruined castle on top of a high promontory above the North Sea (around 15 miles south of Aberdeen). This really needs to be corrected for the P3D v4 version.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

43 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

My existing Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery has a 5m mesh resolution, and that is essential for a country like Scotland. I dread to think what (for example) Dunnottar Castle looks like in the XPlane version of TrueEarth GB North. In the real world, this is a ruined castle on top of a high promontory above the North Sea (around 15 miles south of Aberdeen). This really needs to be corrected for the P3D v4 version.

I have visited it in person, so know what the problem would be.

Here's Dunnottar Castle on my sim with Orbx Scotland, Pilot's FS Global Ultimate Next Gen, freeware Scottish Castles vol. 1 by Richard Bui, and mesh set at 5m in the sim.

sRarxmx.png

Not perfect by any means, but a whole lot better than a 30m mesh would give.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I have visited the castle twice, and a 5m mesh with decent quality photoscenery would be acceptable. The screenshot below shows the view in Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery Volume 7 Scotland Central. No 3D model of the castle (even with Scotflight), but the promontory is reasonably well represented, and of course the 0.6m per pixel photoscenery makes it look a million times better than the ORBx FTX Scotland landclass scenery. The image is a bit dark, but that's just my brightness settings!

kw8m4f15t82mk3s7g.jpg

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

22 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Of course, they will need to source higher resolution mesh for the P3D version of GB North.

Why Chris? just swap out the mesh scenery entries and use your 5m???

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Yes, but the problem is that ORBx will design the scenery for whatever mesh they use to build it. In other words, the 3D model (and location) of Dunnottar Castle would be designed to fit in a landscape that has low resolution 30m mesh.....and that would be completely different from the 5m mesh version that I am looking for. I would be interested to see how this castle (and the coastline around it) is represented in XPlane 11.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

At long last, Orbx has just announced that TrueEath GB North, Central and a revised v2 of South will be released this week.

Features for all 3 regions include:

• Hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
  • *New* Configurable options for those looking for additional performance gains
  • Accurate building shapes to precisely match the ortho imagery footprints
  • Millions of trees at the correct height and location
  • Buildings at the correct height and location
  • VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, castles, stadiums and lighthouses
  • Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
  • Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks
  • Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh
  • Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
  • Summer season only with full night-lighting supported

"This update focuses significantly on performance, ensuring that you have the same stunning visual appearance whilst enhancing usability. New techniques have been discovered to improve the autogen, along with giving users the choice to use the simulator's settings to adjust scenery density depending on their personal system. These techniques have been carried over to Great Britain Central and North."

Most importantly, existing owners of TE GB South will get the v2 update for free.

It's been a long wait for this. Very excited that we're very close to having the whole of GB available.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

That is fantastic news. I will be getting the lot as soon as I have my new PC build up and running. It's good to hear that they also have higher resolution mesh for Scotland than they released with the XPlane version. I also hope (and expect) to see all of the 3D POI models that were released in the XP updates.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Is central 4 still mandatory for this along with ESGG ?

Is it safe to run the central installer now without scenery.cfg issues at all? 

Michael Moe (Central 3 user)

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Version 2 for Great Britain South will be a free update to existing customers and we plan to have an exciting offer to complete the whole package.

It looks like there will be a discounted price to complete the collection. I like the sound of that!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

TE GB has been installed with FTX Central here. I do not want to install Central 4 to be able to install the update ....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

"Hand corrected". I was suspicious when I saw that based on things I had seen in TE South. Sure enough, green roads and parking lots. Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it. TE NE looks so much better. Why??

jJ8SpYA.jpg

• Like 1

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

Personally, a few green roads pales into insignificance next to the consistently realistic colouration of most of the landscape in TrueEarth GB South. I will take that any day over the wildly inconsistent colouration (and texture quality) in the Horizon versions of England and Wales.

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Those three regions look tempting.

I'm wondering whether the payware airports will be compatible and are any of you experiencing mesh morphing in any of the TE regions?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

About Central 4,

Since I had to do a complete new install of P3D v4.5 because i upgraded to W10....(yes late to the party I know)

I decided to use Central 4, all fine but it .....let's say rubbish as the word i would use is not allowed when it comes to looking at scenery entries. Everything is working fine but what a mess it is in there. 

You can move a airport down the list and it jumps another up! swaps them around. No idea whats going off in my scenery orders but it does  enter Orbx stuff where you ask it to but......

Before all XML enters were at the top all in order and others below and you could arrange as you feel fit. It's a bit of a lottery now. But it works!

O BTW I made a folder to install all Orbx into outside main P3D folder, yer.....GL with that!!!! ended up just installing in the main folder....lol

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip