Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Is Process Lasso still required with P3D v4.4 ?

My sub to Process Lasso just expired and before I renew, I am just wondering if this program is even needed anymore with P3D v4.4.  I run many other programs on a second computer so the main FS machine just runs windows, P3D and vPilot for Vatsim. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Why don't you just try without Process Lasso and see how it goes. That's what I would do. And you can always use the windows /affinity option to start any program

Edited by willy647
  • Upvote 1

It depends on the CPU you are using. It was very usefull with my old i7 3770K, worse and useless with my new i7 9700K. I have uninstalled it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BlueSky31 said:

It depends on the CPU you are using. It was very usefull with my old i7 3770K, worse and useless with my new i7 9700K. I have uninstalled it.

You are incorrect. PL has nothing to do with the cpu you are using.

it depends, if you want to experiment which is best affinitymask , HT on or off, and want to run other programs by dedicated CPU core's Program Lasso is a good option and easy to use

I'd say: no.

In my case, PL caused problems with scenery loading (most likely the way I had it configured)  when leaving the initial area.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

You are incorrect. PL has nothing to do with the cpu you are using.

I just wanted to say that I don't need it anymore. My CPU is a 8 real cores without HT and p3d runs much better without PL and is more stable (I agree with you RichieFly).

However, using PL with the previous CPU (HT ON) had improved a lot my sim experience.

• Upvote 1

I've owned PL for at least 10 years but haven't used it in at least 5.  It's a great program... especially for systems that are seriously CPU bound.  All it did for me I now do with command line.  Almost as simple as PL but command line means I have one less program running.

Greg

I used PL but have parked it without regrets.

Well I think I am safe without it.  I actually just looked at it and I guess because of my recent BIOS change with HT off (and then back ON again), it reset everything to default and honestly I couldn't tell any difference.

I have an i7 9700k @5ghz all cores. I find lasso useful to keep the main P3d primary thread clear of all windows processes. So I use process lasso to move system apps away from P3d. I find I have better overall performance this way