Sign in to follow this  
Bt103504

Recommended Hawaii Scenery for P3D 4.4?

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Great to hear further improvements are on the way!

There will also be an update to the Society Islands.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

I got a response from the developer:

Excellent! Thanks

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

17 hours ago, DJJose said:

When you consider the current deal that is being offered, it's laughable to spend $24 on two airports,

No, actually its not.  FSDT (in my opinion) produce great airports and Hawaii is no exception.  24 is a GREAT deal for (a) the work they've put in, and (b) supporting one of the top tier developers out there.  The airports look great.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

7 hours ago, joby33y said:

No, actually its not.  FSDT (in my opinion) produce great airports and Hawaii is no exception.  24 is a GREAT deal for (a) the work they've put in, and (b) supporting one of the top tier developers out there.  The airports look great.  

$24 can't be a great deal when they often go on sale for 30, 40, and even 50% off. A great deal would be if they were on sale, fully compatible with the freeware scenery available, and up to P3D v4.4 standards.

FSDT will get my support when they release O'hare, but their 10 year old Hawaiian airports have clearly been abandoned and the proof is at their forum.

AND

No! I do not consider FSDT a top tier developer. All you need to do is look back at the last decade of customer complaints and see how they have been handled. That said, I do like some FSDT's airports and will continue to buy their addons when they go on sale, but they are no where near what I'd consider a top tier FSX/P3D add-on developer.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 2:06 AM, mikced76 said:

The colors don't blend very well and there are elevation issues, especially at Lihue Airport..... 🙂

Look at what I managed to do!

FSDT's PHLI with Hawaii Photo Scenery

TnQ5qgE.jpg

H25wHvt.jpg

G6nJD6e.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads-up DJJose! I have contacted him to make sure the update doesn't affect any Plus files.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Yes! Really have been looking forward to this!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Oahu looks great!

FPS went down a little, but still smooth.

Jose

One thing that I have noticed with Hawaii Photoreal scenery is that the performance AND beauty really works well in VR. P3D has a lot of problems with sufficient performance for smooth VR but this area and scenery really looks great and I get reasonable performance. I have the VRS F-18 and fly out of Kaneohe MCAS base and land on the USS Nimitz carrier  just off the coast nearby. The sun shining off the shallow water with multicolored ocean floor is really beautiful.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

17 minutes ago, pan pan pan said:

Anyone tried Hawaii photoscenery in V5 ?

did a quick test and it seesm the be working

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

How long is going to take Umberto from FSDT to realize what an amazing add-on this freeware package is?

Umberto please update your Hawaii package (1 & 2) to work with the freeware Hawaii photo scenery. Fix the mesh issues. Flatten the airports so that they smoothly blend with the terrain. This can't e that hard to do? We deserve this especially since some of us have purchased all your airports and have supported you since FS9. 😀

Post script: I absolutely love the Hawaii Freeware package along with the FSDT airports. For those that do not have this freeware, you need to check it out! It's truly outstanding!

• Upvote 1

It is amazing.

I mainly fly in Australia with ORBX AUS V2, but this just about matches it.

Outstanding work.