Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Feelthere Developing New Ejets for P3D 4.4

https://www.feelthere.com/2019/03/06/announcement-emb-for-p3d4-4/

Exciting news, the original Ejets were great aircraft for their time, this will fill a big gap in P3D aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Interesting.

I run the old Ejets V2 that was a straight compatibility port over to P3D v4, it works well enough, and I like it a lot, but it will be interesting to see what kind of "face lift" the v4.4 version gets.

I thought this was just a rehash of the old Wilco/feelThere E-jets v2 product, but it seems Aeroplane Heaven are doing new visuals for P3Dv4. I'm unclear how much of the old feelThere product will be recycled but I'd expect it'll be most of the systems code; that might be a good thing as AH's systems depth is a mixed-bag (e.g. the JustFlight HS.748 missing fuel trimmers, AH has done quite a few classic airliners for JF).

Must be very annoying to those who just repurchased the E-Jets E175/E195 P3Dv4 port though...

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

I thought this was just a rehash of the old product, but it seems Aeroplane Heaven are doing at least the visuals. It's unclear how much of the old feelThere product will be recycled.

Must be very annoying to those who just repurchased the E-Jets E175/E195 P3Dv4 port though...

Not really, not to me at least.

For my purposes it will depend on what the new version offers in the way of enhancements. I've had the Ejets v2 P3D v4 port over for a while now, and I fly it quite regularly, so I feel i've gotten my $24 worth out of it.🙂

I'm excited as we definitely need more quality contemporary regional airliners for P3Dv4. I hope it turns out nicely but bringing in a third party developer (AH) suggests FT aren't that interested or resourced and mainly wanting to maximise profit on the code they've already ported to 64 bit (I presume healthy sales of that port and complaints about the lack of any improvements have spurred them on to organise this development)

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

What is about the systems depth? Never had a product from feelthere or AH. Are they comparable to something like tfdi? 

@AndreNr22 FeelThere's ERJ145v2 has decent systems depth, for instance most of the FMS works with accompanying navigation displays and it has proper engine start sequence and engine instrumentation. The E-jets were similar but being an older product the graphics on them are very tired and they are general need of a polish to be acceptable to modern tastes.

Aeroplane Heaven I am less familiar with but they made a lot of JustFlight branded classic aircraft you might have come in to contact with such as the BAC 1-11, VC10, HS.748, F27, DC-8, Viscount and I found those to generally be a bit light on the system side (I mentioned earlier how the HS748 Darts' didn't have fuel trimmers simulated despite being a key part of operating the aircraft). They also did some stuff for Wilco such as the P180 Avanti. But reading in to feelThere's statement I think the systems will be coming out of FT's existing code slotted in to new visuals by AH and then hopefully a general polish of the whole package, and steep approach capability would certainly be nice.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

support1.jpg

5 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

@AndreNr22 FeelThere's ERJ145v2 has decent systems depth, for instance most of the FMS works with accompanying navigation displays and it has proper engine start sequence and engine instrumentation. The E-jets were similar but being an older product the graphics on them are very tired and they are general need of a polish to be acceptable to modern tastes.

Aeroplane Heaven I am less familiar with but they made a lot of JustFlight branded classic aircraft such as the BAC 1-11, VC10, HS.748, F27, DC-8, Viscount and I found those to generally be a bit light on the system side. They also did some stuff for Wilco such as the P180 Avanti. But reading in to feelThere's statement I think the systems will be coming out of their existing code slotted in to new visuals by AH and then hopefully a general polish of the whole package.

Wow thank you very much! That sounds promising!

That is definitely good news. The systems of the old version are still fine, but the visuals are not. And I HATE the fact, that there are basically almost no liveries around. So they need to make a proper paintkit this time. Anyone knows if Aeroplane Heaven is known for that?

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

AH certainly do release paint kits, for instance the JF BAC One-Eleven. Although I can't comment on how easy it is to use. FT have done nice paint kits in the past such as the ERJv2.

However, I find AH's virtual cockpit texturing can look "artificial" and is overly clean. The exteriors are generally passable but textures sometimes suffer the same issues and occasionally the model would benefit from more detail in some areas such as under the spoiler panels, but I don't spend much time outside the aircraft myself so I'm not so concerned about that.

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

I'd say this is pretty good news. AH are rather good at the visual stuff and the existing port of the old feelThere E-jet is very decent from a systems point of view, apart from the fact that it feels like FS2004 in there. I'm interested to see what they come up with. This is one aircraft that is SORELY missed in the sim. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

More interested in systems functionality. There track record hasn't been great. Last purchase I made from them, Paypal refunded me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

I fully agree with that assessment. I personally did get all the older Ejets and ERJ products when they were ported to 64bit, and flew them a few times. Indeed I find that they are more than adequate on the systems side, so I sort of hope that they simply take whatever was already there, and just make a enw model. I was personally never that impressed with the systems that AH makes, and have stopped flying the DC8 they made due to the engine start simulation.

So yeah, if only they'd give me the original systems with a vastly updated visual model, I'd be quite happy. Of course, they ought to fix the broken flood/landing lights and weather radar of the earlier 64bit port, but I'd have to assume that this is something they will do...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, ckyliu said:

I thought this was just a rehash of the old Wilco/feelThere E-jets v2 product, but it seems Aeroplane Heaven are doing new visuals for P3Dv4. I'm unclear how much of the old feelThere product will be recycled but I'd expect it'll be most of the systems code; that might be a good thing as AH's systems depth is a mixed-bag (e.g. the JustFlight HS.748 missing fuel trimmers, AH has done quite a few classic airliners for JF).

2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Not really, not to me at least.

For my purposes it will depend on what the new version offers in the way of enhancements. I've had the Ejets v2 P3D v4 port over for a while now, and I fly it quite regularly, so I feel i've gotten my $24 worth out of it.🙂

Got the Ejets v2 P3Dv4 port on sale and I'm ok with a re-release. The pictures of the external and internal textures seem to be vastly superior to what we currently have. 

Leave the systems alone, but fix the blindingly bright night lighting issues and wx radar, plus create a paintkit - they'll be onto a winner.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter