kaha

Which Business Jet is the best?

I'm looking for a business jet, seating 4 to max 10 passengers, it's still missing in my hangar. I'm after system depth rather than optics and would not get a Carenado type plane. 

My favourites are the learjets from Flysimware and Xtreme Prototypes, but I might be wrong. 

Please could you advice? 

Thx, 

Karl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

easy :biggrin:...  as of March 2019 -- FSW Falcon 50 !  

possibly down the road.... Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ 

Edited by vcarlo
  • Upvote 1

Yeah basically that or the Flysimware Lear 35 and or the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25D.

• Upvote 1

2nd the FA50.  The latest version (1.8c) really fixed a lot of bugs.  Did a flight today PHOG-KOTH; lots of fun.  Although I must admit, I'm disappointed in the range of the airplane - no fault of Flysimware of course.  I thought it was about 3,000NM.  Really it's only 2,600NM.  Maybe if I slow down to Mach 75 I can get a little more range.

Also, the FA50 has a user manual but no video tutorials.  They say they are making one (some?) but no joy yet.  Naturally, I'd rather they put their energy into making fixes/improvements though.

Edited by Dreamflight767

There's certainly a theme developing here...for good reason! The two options from FSW already mentioned and the XP L25 are all excellent.

• Upvote 1

Someday they'll be a glass cockpit jet with FMS haha...  I'm really looking forward to the Eaglesoft C750... but that's a few years out at best I'm guessing.

Just like you Dreamflight, i’m after something with good range.

FSW Falcon is tempting, but it just doesn’t have the length in it (story of my life actually).

Think i might be waiting while.

IAHawkeyeDDS: I'm a little confused about your post. Are you saying you have knowledge of an available CJX for P3D V4 (a solution to the OP's original question)?

I'm sure that knowledge would be valuable to the rest of the community.

No... I meant that’s the aircraft I’d love to see.  Sorry, I have no solution for him, you, or the rest of the community.

Edited by IAhawkeyeDDS
K

Just one point to make about Xtreme Solutions. I bought it just a year ago and soon after pointed out some bugs that needed fixing. Like the altimeter that shows 38000 when the actual altitude is 39000. You have to enter 39100 for it to show 39000 and then descend slightly.

And the pressure readout shows 30.09, 30.00 and then 30.11. Happens with lots of pressure readouts. But still no sign of any bug fix.

3 hours ago, rmeier said:

OK...thanks for the clarification!

Rob

Yeah man I’m sure there would be fireworks going off here if/when that beauty comes to P3Dv4 

1 hour ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Yeah man I’m sure there would be fireworks going off here if/when that beauty comes to P3Dv4 

And unfortunately eaglesoft is doing the old C750.  If you use XP11, Aerobask is making a Falcon 8x in partnership with Dassault....

There is no documentation available for the G5000 which the Citation X+ has for Avionics.  Without the documentation... anything anyone tried to pass as an addon aircraft would be a fake.

• Like 3

But if such an avionics package existed, we would have the platform to place it in...:cool:

FSW Falcon 50 is fantastic.  Combine it with the GTN 750 and it is a winner!

I've spent 3 days solid flying it, and can't praise it enough!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, NeilC said:

FSW Falcon 50 is fantastic.  Combine it with the GTN 750 and it is a winner!

I've spent 3 days solid flying it, and can't praise it enough!

I've been flying it all over Mexico, visiting Mexico High Flight's sceneries, putting it thru its paces.  It is a good one.

I like the Flysimware Falcon 50 as well -- although I would rather it have an FMC, which most of them, outside of a few airframes, have in real life. FSW has mentioned looking into this...so the FA50 could get even better.

The old Carenado Cessna S550 Citation II is pretty good, too, and it has an FMC upgrade.  Too bad the S550 has somewhat limited range (not as good a range as the Falcon 50), and doesn't have modern features like a rain effect -- but it's still a winner in my view.

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2019 at 12:45 AM, WarpD said:

There is no documentation available for the G5000 which the Citation X+ has for Avionics.  Without the documentation... anything anyone tried to pass as an addon aircraft would be a fake.

Personally, I would much rather have the tried & true Honeywell Primus 1000/2000 in the 750 in any case, even if the G5000 was possible.

Jim Barrett

20 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Personally, I would much rather have the tried & true Honeywell Primus 1000/2000 in the 750 in any case, even if the G5000 was possible.

Jim Barrett

The newly revised/rebuilt Primus 2000 will indeed be available in CX Generation Three and CX Generation Four when completed.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, N400QW said:

The newly revised/rebuilt Primus 2000 will indeed be available in CX Generation Three and CX Generation Four when completed.

Are there any plans at Eaglesoft to complete products?

Edited by Chapstick

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Are there any plans at Eaglesoft to complete products?

Did you pay for something you did't get?

• Like 1

My main issue with the Xtreme Lear-25 is that it isn't realistic. It would easily be one of the best private jets for p3d, period, if they hadn't done weird things like give it an auto-throttle.