Sign in to follow this  
klamal

GSX - For the love of God, Please change your announcements!!!!

2 minutes ago, Redwood said:

So basically my initial point of me supporting GSX just flew over your head and you were just looking to argue about anything. Have a nice day. 

But it was you who changed the subject, not me. Vacuum cleaners suck. Software doesn’t. Silly expression. Have a nice day too.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But it was you who changed the subject, not me. Vacuum cleaners suck. Software doesn’t. Silly expression. Have a nice day too.

Huh? Me simply stating there are other things in the flightsim world that are worse to prove my argument on why I disagree with this thread on gsx isn’t changing the subject. You directly asking me to be specific and list what other things I’m not fond of is changing the subject. We have different opinions on gsx. Just leave it at that. No reason to be a child and nitpick certain words out of my statement 

The annoying file; "good evening ma'am how are you? I'm doin' good". is Airplane_Boarding_Hello16.wav. Couldn't you just rename it to Airplane_Boarding_Hello16.wav.off and you won't hear it anymore? Until of course you run the live update.

Edited by BillS511

I had a look at the file which was suggested here to download, the one with 8000+ downloads, and checked what they did. 

Of the 18 different "hello" messages for Boarding and the 16 different messages for Deboarding, they left 3-4 as they were, and replaced all the others with some background noise of people walking and using seatbelts, which is a sound that GSX already plays in the background for the whole boarding/deboarding process.

So, I guess the intent was just to reduce the frequency of the "hellos" and keep a constant background noise.

Of course, we wanted our crew to be very polite, so each passenger is greeted with a random hello but, since apparently this might be annoying, we made a small change, which of course will appear in the next update, which will reduce the chance of an "hello" being played by 90% so now, for every passenger, that will be only a 10% chance he'll be greeted by an hello, so the final effect would be very similar to that alternate soundset, but without the overlapping between the standard GSX background, and the hellos replaced with similar background noise, so It's sounds much better and clean.

Also, we'll have a look on a way to let user put alternative sound sets in user-created folders, with an editable set of rules to match the ICAO of the airport (similar to the ground operator rules), so GSX will play sounds from this folders depending on the airport, and there will be no need to reinstall the soundset for each flight, so you fly from EHAM to KLAX, you'll hear a Pushback guy with a Dutch accent on departure, and one with an American accent on arrival.

We'll put the infrastructure in place, but it will be up to users to create their own sounds. Perhaps we might just provide a couple of samples, like US English and British English, which should be easy to expand on.

• Like 19
  • Upvote 9

Thank you Umberto

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

11 hours ago, virtuali said:

Also, we'll have a look on a way to let user put alternative sound sets in user-created folders, with an editable set of rules to match the ICAO of the airport (similar to the ground operator rules), so GSX will play sounds from this folders depending on the airport, and there will be no need to reinstall the soundset for each flight, so you fly from EHAM to KLAX, you'll hear a Pushback guy with a Dutch accent on departure, and one with an American accent on arrival.

Nice one!

I already thought about a similiar thing (like PATC does with the controller voices) but never found time to post that suggestion at your forum.

Looking forward to that!

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

On 4/13/2019 at 5:04 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

"How are you?". "I'm doing good." Arrgghh! 😠

"How are you?"  "Am, doin goood!" 😠

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

11 hours ago, virtuali said:

We'll put the infrastructure in place, but it will be up to users to create their own sounds. Perhaps we might just provide a couple of samples, like US English and British English, which should be easy to expand on.

Great update.  Thanks.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:30 AM, virtuali said:

You may have already considered this, I’m just thinking out loud 🙂

It would be cool to have multiple voices if you just fly in one country. In that case your ICAO folder idea with voices inside would work well. It’d even be the same guy/girl working at the same airport which is realistic but could get repetitive.

But if you haven’t got a ICAO folder setup for an airport you fly into, it could randomly pick one that you do in the same country (if you have one). 

On 4/15/2019 at 4:46 AM, Rockliffe said:

Lol i don't know if you've flown in NA but we have corrupted the "King's English" over the years so we sound like this.   Same reason Euro controllers hate that American pilots use "with you at FL320" when entering airspace. 

• Like 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

On 4/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, Rockliffe said:

I boarded my pax yesterday for a flight and heard that lady’s voice three times in less than 15 seconds. I suspect the random feature is not working as well as it could. If that aspect could be improved it would be appreciated.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

Lol i don't know if you've flown in NA but we have corrupted the "King's English" over the years so we sound like this.   Same reason Euro controllers hate that American pilots use "with you at FL320" when entering airspace. 

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Just an idea, instead of having a folder with voices per airport it would be easier to have a folder per country starting with the first to letters of the ICAO ex; EH.. Dutch accent, ED.. German accent, LF.. French accent

So you only do it once for all airports in that area.

Cheers

Edited by seahorse

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX