Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Great FPS - P3DV4.5 with many Photo Scenery enabled!

No, to clarify this is a completely new and separate add-on.  No Orbx or MSE involved.  From our testing it should play nicely with Orbx installed but we have done no tests to incorporate their objects.  Also, thx for the offer of beta testing but we already are good there as the end testing is getting closer.  😉

Edited by Clutch Cargo
  • Like 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

6 hours ago, GSalden said:

Just tested my both pc’s with Unlimited. Framerates about the same in V4.5 as when using 4.4.

I cannot explain why some have those framerate drops and others not. Hopefully the upcoming hotfix will solve this for all that suffer from it...

I too am not seeing any drops going from 4.4 to 4.5.  I'm sure Pete didn't mean that EVERYONE will suffer the drop in performance, since there are so many hardware and software configurations out there. And I do not use any Orbx (yet), so I have compared performance with virgin installs and did not see any performance loss.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:02 AM, AnkH said:

You still did not get it, did you? I repeat: when disabling autogen fully, it is absolutely no surprise nor anything special to reach the FPS numbers you have (they are even relatively low to me for your hardware...).

Okay, you got me!  Here's the same flight with Autogen maxed out:

4102313 System time = 04/05/2019 18:43:17, Simulator time = 19:04:24 (23:04Z)
4102313 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 21.2 fps, Maximum was 80.2 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 3762 secs = 50.7 fps (lost 2 FPS)
Maximum AI traffic for session was 301 aircraft

In the future, please be a little more polite when posting in the AVSIM Forums.  Your quoted comment was quite rude and offensive (at least to me).  As you know, the AVSIM Terms of Service states - "AVSIM’s goal is to provide an educational and entertainment resource for people with similar interests and a community that is fun to be part of by users from around the world".  So, for instance, you could have stated something like, "Did you turn Autogen on?  It is absolutely no surprise to reach the FPS numbers you have when Autogen is turned off."  You have a temper that wont work very well here at AVSIM and hope you have not been as rude to other members here at AVSIM.  When one is rude and offensive, it scares the heck out of those who are not familiar with community forums and many wont post a topic when they think someone like you will get offensive because of his comments.    BTW, we had another member the late owner banned who was just as offensive.  This banned member lived near your current location. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 4/25/2019 at 3:00 PM, Jim Young said:

Almost every version of an update to a major product like P3D has issues and these issues are found and fixed in another update (i.e., the HotFix).  Thanks for bringing to our member's attention of an impending update/hotfix because of a couple of issues.

Ohhh please....

• Upvote 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

I think if more people created the correct profiles in P3d, for different flying scenarios, relative to the 'heaviness' of aircraft, AI, scenery etc, then things would be a lot better for them. 😉

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

For those MSE users, you might want to check USCities X - Los Angeles. Works great for me.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, pgde said:

For those MSE users, you might want to check USCities X - Los Angeles. Works great for me.

I have it, but it doesn't include any night lighting, does it? For that reason I never use it anymore... It's a pity, because at day time it's a very nice scenery!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Btw guys : NL2000 has a beside the 1 m/p PR scenery from the Netherlands also a 50 cm/p version.

You can backup the TE Netherlands PR scenery and use this one instead If you want more detail and sharpness.

All other TE components remain the same so AG and all objects will show up like before.

Best part : it is free !

https://www.nl-2000.com/2018/12/nl2000-version-5-0-download-instructions-and-locations/

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I have it, but it doesn't include any night lighting, does it? For that reason I never use it anymore... It's a pity, because at day time it's a very nice scenery!

Just installed MCEv3 South Cali with FSLabs A320 in mind and hopefully better performance around FSDT Los Angeles than using FTXSCA. Will test a flight with the spirit first to San Diego from Las Vegas this week and then up to LA.

So for now it might be this new product or MCEv3 for daytime and OPENLCNA for nights ?

What is your experience and ideers?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Just installed MCEv3 South Cali with FSLabs A320 in mind and hopefully better performance around FSDT Los Angeles than using FTXSCA. Will test a flight with the spirit first to San Diego from Las Vegas this week and then up to LA.

So for now it might be this new product or MCEv3 for daytime and OPENLCNA for nights ?

What is your experience and ideers?

Thanks

Michael Moe

MSE does some rather smart: it becomes translucent at dusk, showing through the default, LC-based night textures. As such, don't worry about MSE being daytime only, even if the night textures won't be photoreal, so to speak.

In addition, if you have OrbX's regions or vector, you will find that their road-following autogen-type night lighting will place above MSE, giving you beautiful OrbX night lighting exactly following the roads of MSE.

However, the issue with Aerosoft's city sceneries is that, to save cost, none of the included scenery objects were given any light maps. Thus they are completely dark at night time. Frankly, somebody could probably make night maps on the basis of the included textures, then open the models in ModelConverterX, and add them manually, followed by a recompile, but I doubt that this is legal.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

30 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

MSE does some rather smart: it becomes translucent at dusk, showing through the default, LC-based night textures. As such, don't worry about MSE being daytime only, even if the night textures won't be photoreal, so to speak.

In addition, if you have OrbX's regions or vector, you will find that their road-following autogen-type night lighting will place above MSE, giving you beautiful OrbX night lighting exactly following the roads of MSE.

However, the issue with Aerosoft's city sceneries is that, to save cost, none of the included scenery objects were given any light maps. Thus they are completely dark at night time. Frankly, somebody could probably make night maps on the basis of the included textures, then open the models in ModelConverterX, and add them manually, followed by a recompile, but I doubt that this is legal.

Thanks , 

so ,, This overall topic was all about leaving the autogen sliders to left and gaining performance . I am actually ok with this using MCEv3 and FT/FB/ORBX airport scenerys (when i use heavy aircrafts like the FSLA320)

. I am just not sure if there is any benefits performance etc having the sliders to the left if FTX regions is not showing autogen at all ? I meen , is there a performance issue anyway leaving autogen at normal for instance ?

Smart/Nice info regarding the FTX regions night light over MCEv3 products

Thanks

Michael Moe (just bought MCEv3 Northern Cali and Arizona as well) 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

is there a performance issue anyway leaving autogen at normal for instance ? 

Michael,

In my lastest post above -

I moved all the sliders to autogen to the max with the same scenario as my OP.  According to the FSUIPC report, it shows I lost 2 fps so it aint autogen that is the problem. 

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Michael,

In my lastest post above -

I moved all the sliders to autogen to the max with the same scenario as my OP.  According to the FSUIPC report, it shows I lost 2 fps so it aint autogen that is the problem. 

Jim

Thanks Jim  , great post btw, but  i was a little curios about FTXNCA, FTXSCA with MCE with Autogen setting . maybe i dont miss POI setting Autogen to 0 ?

On the other hand i could/should just forget all about FTX when i fly FSLabs for instance. 

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Michael, I've flown a lot around KSFO-KSAN-KLAS, MSEv3 and FPS with FSL is no trouble at all, just make sure to have all PR below Orbx KSAN and you get there PR and Auto GEN same with KLAS. 

I also bought MSE  Spain and did my first flight from Orbx LEBB to LEAL. WoW, both come with there PR area's and Auto Gen. I found the combo of autogen area around airports and PR when above 5000ft work fantastically well. The flight from LEBB to LEAL was breathtaking so tonight LEAL to another great airport with custom PR and Autogen, LEMG.

LEBL also have the same but come with a huge area. After KSFO-KSAN-KLAS flights. All my airport in Spain now with MSE will make an amazing flight.

LEBB-LEBL-LEAL-LEMG-LEMG

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 4/24/2019 at 2:09 PM, Jim Young said:

Yesterday I few in the PMDG 747 from FlightBeam KIAD to FSDT Chicago and enabled several photo sceneries for the trip for some immersion.  Had MSE Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois enabled.  Plus all of my Drzewiecki Design (DD) scenery was enabled for Seattle, NY and Miami (it has photo scenery in it so it would load during the flight too.  Had ASP4 and Ultimate Traffic Live enabled.  Flight extremely smooth with the following FPS (based on FSUIPC5 utility):

5089672 System time = 23/04/2019 18:21:54, Simulator time = 17:45:02 (22:45Z)
  5089672 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 26.6 fps, Maximum was 80.5 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 4843 secs = 52.9 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 268 aircraft

I do not know where the 26 FPS occurred but assume it was at KIAD while taxiing.  I have pretty much maxed P3D settings except I do not use autogen.  I thought I would post to let others know the possibilities.  System specs in my signature.  One of the biggest issues with photo scenery is loading time at the beginning of the flight and guess that it took about 3-4 minutes to load at Gate 16, KIAD.

I missed your post since I was late to finding that 4.5 was released, but I agree, performance with photoscenery is nice.  I use autogen outside of areas where I do not have photoscenery, but only the trees which are much improved in 4.5.  My fps is quite good, always has been, I like to keep it locked at 33 because I still find it keeps photoscenery crisp, especially with 16x aniso scenery, out to the horizon.  I did have to remove my New Mexico photoreal scenery, my MSE scenery, because it was taking to much room for me to get 4.5 installed, but I have New Mexico and a wide swath of West Texas in my Xplane11 photoscenery if I want to fly over it.  I have been so pleased with support from both Lockheed Martin and Laminar, I think both serve as great VFR training platforms when needed, and IFR training platforms since I feel every GA pilot should know IFR even if not certified, in case they get caught by unforeseen weather, such as a gust front that are common here in Phoenix and the Midwest.

John

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1