Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Proflight Simulator Scammers back at it

Just a word to the newbies, Proflight Simulator is sending their email scams and spam out again. It is another ripoff of the free FlightGear simulator, these dregs surface once a year or so to lure people into believing a great new sim is out.

John

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

John, that font is very difficult to read.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

Just a word to the newbies, Proflight Simulator is sending their email scams and spam out again.  It is another ripoff of the free FlightGear simulator, these dregs surface once a year or so to lure people into believing a great new sim is out.

John

Is this a warning or a greeting card, I can’t tell. 

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

i can read it just fine.

• Upvote 1

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.

The font looks different depending on the platform. It's near illegible on an iPad.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

The font looks different depending on the platform. It's near illegible on an iPad.

Cheers!

That's a GREAT point Luke. I think we all forget sometimes that many people use their phones etc to read the posts and that some fonts don't display properly.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I agree. I access the site on my phone frequently and I have difficulty reading red script also. No problem on my PC though. 

I do like that John was trying to brighten things up though. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On 5/24/2019 at 6:15 PM, 188AHC said:

I agree. I access the site on my phone frequently and I have difficulty reading red script also. No problem on my PC though. 

I am glad you explained the font issue so well, I forget that color perception and font compatibility does not always work the way I see things, especially since I am partially blind to my left side--dyslexic in one eye, the eye sees but cannot read letters and numbers, came from a horrific fever, 108 degrees, I had between age 1 and 2, with my Mom claiming that no one had ever survived such a fever, but with billions and billions of people in this world, I know those are old wive's tales, lol...

I was so happy when Light Sport came into fruition because it allowed me to finally start taking flight lessons, but I have had to put them on pause for thirteen years or so because of illness brought on by PTSD, tragedy in my nuclear family.  I am just getting ready to complete my first segment of the Light Sport certification process, probably in a two place trike, since I found I enjoy them more than fixed wing and they can be shared in another pilot's hangar, put off to one side, lessening the costs of casual flying.   Buckeye or Willcox Arizona are my intended places to fly and own a trike within the next few years.

John

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, 188AHC said:

I've edited the OP to fix the font and color issue.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator