LOS ANGELES (LAX), USA

capture3.jpg

DUBAI, UAE

capture15.jpg

SEATTLE, USA

capture6.jpg

COURCHEVEL, FRANCE

capture16.jpg

The opening shot looks very much like Hawaii, but hard to confirm due to all the lovely clouds. 

Edited by simmerhead
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

The Barringer meteor crater in Arizona

c2KgjjC.jpg

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

The shot labeled GRAND CANYON, USA is actually Page Arizona and Glen and Marble Canyons.  Horseshoe Bend is in the center of the shot and a small part of Lake Powell is on the right.

Google Maps reference:

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.8938331,-111.2435471,28352a,35y,270h,36.61t/data=!3m1!1e3

Info now corrected so disregard this post.

Edited by TPerson
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Appeared to me the trailer went back and forth from footage of real world to footage from simulator.  To compare and contrast.

Edited by fppilot

I'll be perfectly content flying over any of them. I will be thrilled if these pics are truly representative of the actual product.

Posted (edited)

Saw the papoose range outside Area 51 at 51s into the video. Wonder if they did that on purpose? 😉

Edited by J0nx

9 minutes ago, J0nx said:

Saw the papoose range outside Area 51 at 51s into the video. Wonder if they did that on purpose? 😉

This?

capture24.jpg

• Like 1

This picture shows part of the French Cote d’Azur

MSFS-6.jpg

And this one is Chateau d’If (I’ve been there), a fortress (later a prison) located on the island of If, some 1.5 km away from Marseille, part of which can be seen in the background

MSFS-17.jpg

16 hours ago, Chandler said:

The scene with the baseball stadium is Houston.

capture28.jpg

When you take a closer look at the Houston stadium, it's just amazing to see the details inside the stadium, not just the cars in front of it

Aaaw, and nobody recognized the flamingo scene and the Ngong Mountains (giraffes scene) in the Rift Valley (where they buried Finch Hatton) from the 1985 "Out of Africa" movie?

4 minutes ago, meerkat said:

Aaaw, and nobody recognized the flamingo scene and the Ngong Mountains (giraffes scene) in the Rift Valley (where they buried Finch Hatton) from the 1985 "Out of Africa" movie?

Nope, but that is great spotting! :) 

I've always wanted to fly in Africa, but until now there's never been any good scenery for it. Lets hope Microsoft nails it! 

• Like 5

On 6/10/2019 at 6:20 PM, fppilot said:

Appeared to me the trailer went back and forth from footage of real world to footage from simulator.  To compare and contrast.

That's why they had to put the title that it was done in REAL TIME from IN GAME so people know they are looking at rendered game footage.  It shows that frames are also great which is hard to believe with all the immersion of it and I just hope this is not add ons but all out of the box. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 5:41 PM, carmined said:

That's why they had to put the title that it was done in REAL TIME from IN GAME so people know they are looking at rendered game footage.  It shows that frames are also great which is hard to believe with all the immersion of it and I just hope this is not add ons but all out of the box. 

Disregard.

Edited by TPerson
Duplicate Information

Posted (edited)

Here's something that should get people excited that they aren't just juicing up a few areas but that Azure can actually render a ton of cities in incredible detail.

One of the shots in the trailer (the one over the stadium) is Houston. Houston is not a city any simulator ever really cares about. I highly doubt, out of all the places in the U.S., they chose Houston to doll up for this trailer.

You can also see some seams in the scenery, meaning that it seems to be dynamic and not hand designed.

Source data will of course be important, but seriously, is anyone going to complain if we still get to see large swaths of the planet in detail never seen before, mixed in with landclass? Nothing can ever be perfect.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

im in Los Angeles  now but was in Houston for years and that stadium shot got my attention , it looks niceeeee And i dont care that the traffic in the streets is not accurate , just the fact that this thing can render all of this is amazing ......

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Where's this one at do we think? (or know)

Love seeing all the city/street lighting off in the distance..

KittyHawk_E3_003-min.jpg

Edited by irrics

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, irrics said:

Where's this one at do we think? (or know)

Love seeing all the city/street lighting off in the distance..

KittyHawk_E3_003-min.jpg

KLAX approaching 07R.

You can just make out The Theme Building silhouette behind a very bland AA maintenance hangar  (United's hangar is not depicted in 3D) and TBIT.

06L and 06R are way over to the left of the pic.
Imperial Hwy over to the right of 07R. Hawthorne Municipal runway lights below the right engine.

Edited by F737NG
Took me a little while to figure it out
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone know where that scene with the huge thunderhead over the coastline is from?

That'd be interesting to know since that scene is completely autogen. Might be able to get an idea of how they are doing what they are doing.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bonchie said:

Anyone know where that scene with the huge thunderhead over the coastline is from?

That'd be interesting to know since that scene is completely autogen. Might be able to get an idea of how they are doing what they are doing.

That could be Lynden Pindling International Airport in the Bahamas.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, James Britnell said:

That could be Lynden Pindling International Airport in the Bahamas.

Well done! I spent quite a while trying to find that one yesterday without luck. I was looking in the right place but you've nailed that.

fdfffg.jpg