Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

What's Up With Froogle and MSFS?

2 hours ago, france89 said:

New video is out. I woudn't waste your time since i already wasted mine.

-

Yeah - it seems like he's saying that all the stuff that we already have now is good enough and we don't need anything new.  If MSFS2020 is not a revolutionary change, he may be right.  But, many of us hope that MSFS2020 will be a true 21st century sim and break the links with the past - I'm ready for that.

Edited by 188AHC
Pruned long quote.
  • Like 5

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

It's another poor take on the new sim, albeit a bit more moderated in tone than the previous one.  I mean, he tries to suggest DCS as an alternative to GA sims because it "has the most study-level aircraft" and "uses satellite data".  Sure, but it's not a GA sim so you're comparing apples and oranges.  I wouldn't consider replacing P3D with DCS for even a second. 

Hopefully no one gets taken in by this nonsense and turned off to the new sim altogether, but unfortunately we live in a world of poorly-researched hot takes and that's what gets the most views.  

Edited by TechguyMaxC
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Pete is narrow minded and gives his opinion, but it’s one sided. He is afraid of moving forward, praising X-Plane (not surprising coming from him) and lack of backwards compatibility with current add ons. I am sorry this video only highlights everything that is wrong with the current flight sim community.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, france89 said:

New video is out. I woudn't waste your time since i already wasted mine.

-

I've been subscribed to his channels for years, be it twitter, youtube or twitch, he obviously has reasons why he doesn't want FS2020 to be successful, be that for personal or financial reasons, that is fine, but a person in his position within the flightsim community should only using factual information, If everything turns out like he says then fine, but wait until we all know more about FS2020 until anyone slags it off. So I've decided to give up on Froggle and unfollow/unsubscribe as I see his viewpoint as not valid anymore.

Edited by 188AHC
Pruned long quote
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

We respect every view, i just find his to beextremely pessimistic or, like for the PMDG statement, biased regarding what his/theirs business is inside the community.

If it's good, it's beneficial for all of us. If it's not good, we have current sims we enjoyed so far and we'll continue to enjoy (otherwise we woudn't have kept using them until today).

Edited by france89
  • Like 5

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Hit piece.  Nothing but FUD - (fear, uncertainty and doubt, usually evoked intentionally in order to put a competitor at a disadvantage).  I watched the first video that he pulled, and this new one.  He obviously has a vested interest in seeing this new flight sim fail. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

He says the first video was not well researched, there were no proper research in this one either.

He claims MS released Acceleration as a paid fix/patch for FSX forgetting the fixes was free in SP1 and SP2. It clear that his got an agenda, but at least the X-Plane users praise him in the video comments.

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry too much about what Froogle (or any other YouTube superstar) is saying at the present time. We know next to nothing about this new simulator other than what we can see in the trailer, so the best course of action is to carry on enjoying the sims that we currently use, and wait for more detailed information to become available. Speculation may be fun, but it's starting to become repetitive.

• Upvote 6

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, france89 said:

- concerns about this new sim destroying a "perfect" environment developed in both XP11 and P3D thanks to Microsoft absence, and that it will lead to even more sim fragmentation since he also mentions DCS, Aerofly FS2, Flyinside, Deadstick.

- concerns about P3D being used by users for entertainment purposes (regardless of the EULA) and what might happen to them and their investments if Microsoft somehow asked LM to enforce this Eula betteR

First one - not even worth getting worked up about. He seemed to be excited when dovetail were starting to pick up the licence. Of course that was before he’d based himself on xplane. 

The second one annoys me so much. Who the hell cares what investments people made into something when they knew they were acting unlawfully. Cannot understand this view, and many of us warned the winkers and nudgers of this at the time. 

I’ve unsubscribed too, but i forgot I even was subscribed to him in the first place -he’s a nob. I remember one video when the clearly balding froogle had a massive paddy at someone who dared to suggest he was balding. Hilarious. 

• Like 6

Ok. This is enough about a purported YouTube superstar. This adds nothing to our discussions of MSFS. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals