Jump to content

BMW969

!! JULY DEALS!! PC Aviator

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Hi Scott,

That’s not a program I’m familiar with but it sounds very useful. Presumably it can be configured to work with different aircraft? Can I ask if it is easy to set up?

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

LOL - here I go opening my big mouth once again - Voice Attack is probably the best $10.00 I’ve ever spent on a utility - like FSW - the product has been around for years - the developer is extremely customer centric - and he’s even implemented some features I’ve requested over the years...

Before settling on Voice Attack I did try two other programs like Glove Pi and something else I can’t think of at the moment... For my needs Voice Attack surpassed them all - the interface is intuitive, powerful, and easy to setup...

Voice Attack was originally designed for one of the space sims - that I know nothing about - but it can be used with anything... I dabble in DCS and once in a while I get the urge to run around the jungles of Nam with my trusty M14 in ArmA 3 and it serves me well... Voice Attack works with anything - I also 3D model in another sim and use it to control my modeling software... All you need is a decent headset and mic to get the most out of it...

So - in its most basic form - you type a phrase and associate a key press to it - that simple... If you train your voice with MS Speech - it seldom makes a mistake... On top of that - you can run extremely complex keystroke macros - you can use your joystick to trigger any defined functions - it can turn the cheapest of joysticks into a programmable one - it has its own powerful scripting language - it can use MS Speech to verbally acknowledge any command - it can run mouse macros - and as per my request it has a challenge response system - so it can read a checklist item - wait for your verbal acknowledgement before proceeding to the next item... I love it and as you may imagine - it can make 2 Pilot certified aircraft much easier to manage... 

It’s easy to setup for any aircraft and I use it to verbally control Radar Contact - never having to press a keystroke to manipulate RC4 is priceless... It greatly increases the immersion for me...

The only thing it doesn’t do - is have a direct hook into P3D - so you can’t get any state back from the sim - it’s merely pressing the buttons for you...

Anyway - if interested or need help with it - take a gander... I’ll gladly share my profile with anyone for a place to start with the Lear...

https://voiceattack.com/

Regards,

Scott

 

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

The only thing it doesn’t do - is have a direct hook into P3D - so you can’t get any state back from the sim - it’s merely pressing the buttons for you...

Anyway - if interested or need help with it - take a gander... I’ll gladly share my profile with anyone for a place to start with the Lear...

https://voiceattack.com/

Regards,

Scott

 

Hi Scott,

Interesting app!!  Probably isn't so important that it doesn't hook into P3D... as you say all that's needed is something that can be programmed to press buttons.  Are the profiles written in simple txt format?  If so I'd be interested in looking at yours for the Lear.

Thanks,

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Hi Scott,

Interesting app!!  Probably isn't so important that it doesn't hook into P3D... as you say all that's needed is something that can be programmed to press buttons.  Are the profiles written in simple txt format?  If so I'd be interested in looking at yours for the Lear.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

Text no -  HTML yes - I’ll send it to you when I get in tonight...

The export to transfer data between users is compiled - so I’ll send both...

Regards,

Scott

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Bill,

LOL - here I go opening my big mouth once again - Voice Attack is probably the best $10.00 I’ve ever spent on a utility - like FSW - the product has been around for years - the developer is extremely customer centric - and he’s even implemented some features I’ve requested over the years...

Before settling on Voice Attack I did try two other programs like Glove Pi and something else I can’t think of at the moment... For my needs Voice Attack surpassed them all - the interface is intuitive, powerful, and easy to setup...

Voice Attack was originally designed for one of the space sims - that I know nothing about - but it can be used with anything... I dabble in DCS and once in a while I get the urge to run around the jungles of Nam with my trusty M14 in ArmA 3 and it serves me well... Voice Attack works with anything - I also 3D model in another sim and use it to control my modeling software... All you need is a decent headset and mic to get the most out of it...

So - in its most basic form - you type a phrase and associate a key press to it - that simple... If you train your voice with MS Speech - it seldom makes a mistake... On top of that - you can run extremely complex keystroke macros - you can use your joystick to trigger any defined functions - it can turn the cheapest of joysticks into a programmable one - it has its own powerful scripting language - it can use MS Speech to verbally acknowledge any command - it can run mouse macros - and as per my request it has a challenge response system - so it can read a checklist item - wait for your verbal acknowledgement before proceeding to the next item... I love it and as you may imagine - it can make 2 Pilot certified aircraft much easier to manage... 

It’s easy to setup for any aircraft and I use it to verbally control Radar Contact - never having to press a keystroke to manipulate RC4 is priceless... It greatly increases the immersion for me...

The only thing it doesn’t do - is have a direct hook into P3D - so you can’t get any state back from the sim - it’s merely pressing the buttons for you...

Anyway - if interested or need help with it - take a gander... I’ll gladly share my profile with anyone for a place to start with the Lear...

https://voiceattack.com/

Regards,

Scott

 

I’m going to take a look at this,  I have MCE but NEVER use it...as soon as I have to repeat a simple command 3x I’m done.  MCE drives me nuts with the copilot never on the same page same and always misunderstanding my commands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Anyway - if interested or need help with it - take a gander... I’ll gladly share my profile with anyone for a place to start with the Lear...

Thanks Scott - will have a look at that and might take you up on your kind offer! 

I have FS2Crew for a couple of aircraft but, as you know, this isn’t available for the Lear and, in any case, it would be good to have a program to could be adapted to different aircraft if necessary.

Regards,

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...