Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Captainsim L1011 Released for P3Dv4

I am not going to pay $50 for a port over when the P3D version is on likely its final point release for v4, but I might look to see what the cost would be during Christmas sale time. Also, P3Dv5 will come out soon enough and CS may not upgrade the 1011 until v5 is nearing its end. Also, I will likely use MFS when that releases and will retire P3D for the most part. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Did anybody buy it? I'm really reluctant price wise, and pretty sure the JF 747 classic is around the corner, so unless the Cs Tristar is great I'll probably pass (while I love treeholers).

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

On 7/18/2019 at 8:52 PM, Benjamin J said:

You know, given that they have now released two P3Dv4+ compatible aircraft in relatively short time and, as you say, still have not touched the 767, which seems like the obvious next choice, I seriously wonder now if they are doing a total rework of the 767, similar to what they did for the 757.

Consider this: PMDG already did the 777 in a way that CS will probably never rival. The L1011 is not really a mainstream aircraft, so why invest the resources for a total rework? Same goes for a lot of the classic liners - while beautiful and interesting, it's not likely to be the range of addons that will see a ton of sales, and thus probably not deserving of all the resources.

Now, the 767, still going strong in the world, very clearly is a much-coveted addon by many simmers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing a total, from-the-ground-up rework of it, but are releasing easier-to-produce packages in the meantime. Perhaps just to increase cash flow.

TBH the 767 VC is just a 757 VC with different windows. So it needs minor work. What does change is the cabin, and some of the instruments.

2 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

Did anybody buy it? I'm really reluctant price wise, and pretty sure the JF 747 classic is around the corner, so unless the Cs Tristar is great I'll probably pass (while I love treeholers).

Matt Davies flew the CS767 last night, and he reckons the flight model is really bad, and performance is also bad. It looks like a bad product.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Same goes for the horrible L1011 FDE. I've offered them to make a high quality FDE since I love the L1011, but unfortunately it didn't happen. 

4 hours ago, eaim said:

Matt Davies flew the CS767 last night, and he reckons the flight model is really bad, and performance is also bad. It looks like a bad product.

Ok thanks, that's good enough for me not to buy and wait for the JF 747. I'm in the mood for a good classic at the moment.

Guillaume

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

45 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

Ok thanks, that's good enough for me not to buy and wait for the JF 747. I'm in the mood for a good classic at the moment.

Sorry I said CS767 I mean't CS L1011, wishful thinking I suppose.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

It looks like typical CS aircraft. It has a lot of potential but ends up being garbage. Hilarious that it couldn't even follow a course heading from a VOR.

25 minutes ago, eaim said:

Sorry I said CS767 I mean't CS L1011, wishful thinking I suppose.

I had it the first time don't worry 😉

• Like 1

Guillaume

I find the negative discussion about the L1011 itself odd as i thought it was one of CaptainSim’s better regarded releases?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just Flight have an L-1011 that i bought for p3dv4.

its not bad. Im not an L-1011 expert, and I don’t have many hours in it, so i can’t say much more than that.

But would probably suggest it over the CS to any L-1011 fans out there.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

I find the negative discussion about the L1011 itself odd as i thought it was one of CaptainSim’s better regarded releases?

It is..but the flight sim community can be pretty fickle at times. I honestly dont think theres much wrong with it. Its not pmdg quality for sure...but its way better than carenado. Things like direct lift control were done quite well.  I do agree that 50 bucks for a port over is just plain stupid..but as far as the Airplane itself..im not seeing why people are bashing it. 

Cant please everyone.

Edited by chevelle505
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chevelle505 said:

It is..but the flight sim community can be pretty fickle at times. I honestly dont think theres much wrong with it. Its not pmdg quality for sure...but its way better than carenado. Things like direct lift control were done quite well.  I do agree that 50 bucks for a port over is just plain stupid..but as far as the Airplane itself..im not seeing why people are bashing it. 

Cant please everyone.

I'm not even talking about the horrible airplane handling,  just compare the performance and speeds with the real L1011 and you will find out that it's way off everywhere.

It's too bad that most armchair pilots really think that it isn't bad and flies ok since it doesn't even remotely resemble a Tristar.

The L1011 is a dream to fly IRL with its precise and easy handling and it's too bad that the CS version handles so awful and performs so wrong and hence CS customers don't get to know how nice it handles.

Edited by FDEdev

5 hours ago, FDEdev said:

I'm not even talking about the horrible airplane handling,  just compare the performance and speeds with the real L1011 and you will find out that it's way off everywhere.

It's too bad that most armchair pilots really think that it isn't bad and flies ok since it doesn't even remotely resemble a Tristar.

The L1011 is a dream to fly IRL with its precise and easy handling and it's too bad that the CS version handles so awful and performs so wrong and hence CS customers don't get to know how nice it handles.

kind of remembers me CLS and their DC10

5 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Guillaume