Sign in to follow this  
thenikos

study level fighter

As others have said above, a study-level F-22 or F-35 is simply not going to happen until either the aircraft's manuals are declassified, or the types are done flying entirely. 

In terms of study-level fighters for P3D, the VRS F/A-18E is pretty much it at the moment (besides the Milviz T-38C which isn't, technically, a fighter). In terms of future, highly-detailed fighters in P3D, Milviz does have both an F-15C and F-16C in the works (you can find previews of both on their Facebook page if you scroll back far enough), and I reckon you won't be disappointed by them!

@thenikos

Hi Guy

If you want a study military aircraft, I would recommend you DCS L-39C (East) and DCS C-101EB (West) , both military training aircrafts, then you could go to a more complex aircraft like A-10C, F-18C, F-14B, F-16C........

Regards

thanks for the dcs info but i will start with vrs i think. i watch youtube videos and it is very close to what i was searching. and of course i will keep an eye to milviz.

e69, i like the very complex planes with modern technology. imagine i didn't manage to fly right aerosoft antonov an2 yet 🙂 🙂 🙂 i always forget to keep an eye at the temperatures 🙂

Nikos Kasimatis

Every once and a while I get the urge to buy a military aircraft for P3D, they just look so cool and are well done.  But then inevitably, once I give into the urge I end up spending money on an aircraft that I don’t really have much to do with in P3D.

As a result I’ve resolved to go play DCS when i have a combat aircraft itch to scratch.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

@thenikos

You're welcome!
But, remember, FSX and P3D are a civil simulators, DCSW is a military simulator, even, DCS make simulators to US Air force, in DCVS you are going to find people online, in FSX with Superbug is a little more difficult.

Regards

5 hours ago, thenikos said:

i am interested more in the latest technology, like f35, f22.

Might be on a "list" after that statement. 

Was going to +1 MILVIZ as well. 

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Was just going to recommend this one....though technically not a fighter....it is VERY good and freaking fast!

46875938185_005ace379d_o.pngbank_hires by ryan b, on Flickr

Agreed. 

I really like the SSW Fiat G91 so far. It may be old and some of the functionality is not there, but it comes with a (seemingly) full manual (just started reading it). 

3PznzcT.jpg

I kind of like the Milviz F-100 Super Sabre, and the JustFlight BAe Hawk.  While they are not quite as detailed as the DCS planes, they are pretty detailed nonetheless.  I don't have the Milviz T-38 but...but...I'm tempted.   I might just outrun my autogen.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

14 hours ago, thenikos said:

very well. thank you very much. i will check all these options 🙂

Hi nikos,

regarding DCS World keep in mind that you don't have the entire world like in P3D but the Caucasus Map (for free) and Persian Gulf and the Nevada map as DLC's. If you are looking for air combat, DCS is the way to go, if you're aiming for sight seeing in military birds stay on P3D.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nisx said:

Agreed. 

I really like the SSW Fiat G91 so far. It may be old and some of the functionality is not there, but it comes with a (seemingly) full manual (just started reading it). 

3PznzcT.jpg

That Fiat looks fantastic!

A nice feature for the VRS F-18 is FSX@War that allows you to set up missions with enemy forces (aircraft and SA-2/3 sites) and actually have something to shoot air-to-air missiles and HARM missiles at. You can launch off a carrier like the Javier Fernandez Nimitz nearby at  MCAS Kaneohe on Oahu (beautiful scenery that has great frame rates ) and go against the other guys. I fly VR with P3Dv4.4 and it's a lot of fun. Not as complete as DCS maybe but the scenery and clouds can be your choice and photorealistic which I like.

NOTE: FSX@War isn't being developed any longer but it still works well as is. The only issue I have with DCS is that the frame rates for VR aren't as good as I would like to see

Edited by whitav8

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

21 hours ago, Blackbrd said:

F-22 or F-35 is simply not going to happen until either the aircraft's manuals are declassified, or the types are done flying entirely. 

Even then, we won't see it. We don't have a study-level F117. Or even an SR-71, because aspects of *that* aircraft are still classified.

As another option for flying over your house in a fast jet, depending on where you live , I’ve had a couple of VR flights in the newly released x-trident AV8 harrier using orbx true earth U.K. using X plane. That’s quite a staggering experience as I live in the “Dambuster’’ valley an area frequently used for military low flying. I’ve not delved too deep into the AV8’s systems yet but from the amount of beeps and pings going off I’m thinking it’s got considerable depth. It had a good review from pc pilot in the latest issue.

P3D wise I use the JF hawk and milviz T38 which are both good, I’m using the original analog T38 not the newly released C? Version, but the flight modelling is external and very good , and quite challenging. I’m afraid to mention this but,  the painful reality is P3D doesn’t really like doing 420kts at 250ft. The new JF VFR scenery seems to improve things though.

finally if you you just want to experience flying  very high performance aircraft to enjoy their aerodynamics, like I do, I don’t actually shoot things , then as other have mentioned there is simply no comparison to DCS.Its graphics engine allows a super smooth sense of high speed low level flight that is simply streets ahead of any other sim.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.