Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

August 8th Update - Microsoft is taking over support of FSX again

1 minute ago, felixfer said:

I don't understand the meaning of this announcement.

Well, it's certainly keeping the forum alive! More speculation, more conspiracy theories, more completely unfounded guesses. What more could you ask for?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just now, vortex681 said:

What more could you ask for?

Clarity

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, irrics said:

Clarity

That would spoil everything! What would happen to all these wild flights of fantasy if we actually knew what was happening?

• Like 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

4 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

That would spoil everything! What would happen to all these wild flights of fantasy if we actually knew what was happening?

Ha. You seem to enjoy that more than I do.

It was fun at first, but I am personally ready to start getting to the meat of some information over time here. 

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, irrics said:

FSX can die in a hot fire for all I care at this point.

Well...…….I suppose this forum is all about exchanging ideas and opinions but will the FSX bashers please stop 🙄 - it's not adding anything to the debate. You stick with your sims, whatever they are, and I'll stick with FSX - and that means that I am interested to know what MS are going to do with respect to FSX because its the only sim I fly nowadays and I wont be investing in another sim platform until its clearer what the MS roadmap is. I'm certain that I'm not the only one solely on FSX.

So, FSInsider, if you're reading this then please carry on talking about FSX because many of us want to know what will happen to the investment in software and to the knowledge and experience we've built up learning FSX and all its idiosyncrasies inside out.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Best regards

Rupert

Seems some folks are having a hard time exercising sound reasoning.

On one hand, people are in a frenzy because the new MSFS can't POSSIBLY be as good as FSX. Then, without a hint of irony, the new fear is that it's TOO MUCH like FSX. Hilarious.

In any event, whatever their plans for FSX are, it has little to do with the new MSFS beyond signaling MS's acknowledgement, acceptance, and commitment to continue the legacy of the MSFS franchise.

Have an ounce of faith, and a bit of patience. Surely we dont need to conduct ourselves like hysterical middle-schoolers because we didn't get a juicy update.

Edited by Noodle
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

dthe 8.8 was already announced in June as a major update. The other updates would be updates to the update. So it's starting to make sense to me. FSX just gets an update with Azure etc. I'm not interested.

17 minutes ago, CB_Pilot said:

So, FSInsider, if you're reading this then please carry on talking about FSX because many of us want to know what will happen to the investment in software and to the knowledge and experience we've built up learning FSX and all its idiosyncrasies inside out.

That’s fine, but do it on a different website and not the one focusing on the brand new simulator please. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

dthe 8.8 was already announced in June as a major update. The other updates would be updates to the update. So it's starting to make sense to me. FSX just gets an update with Azure etc. I'm not interested.

Yeah if that’s what this ends up being I also won’t be interested - at least barring some big surprises. 

Edited by irrics

Not impressed MS, we all were looking forward to new info on the new Flight Simulator, start of the Insider Program etc., and we get this ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

MS is still promoting a new MSFS on the existing https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator site, with links to the trailer. What they're showing isn't just FSX with an update. 

Ya'll remember the trailer, right?

RIGHT? 😄

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I think many are missing the point of this gesture. To me, the fact that they would go out of their way to support such an old product and cater to a much more niche group of users is a good sign of what's to come for MSFS. They're again putting more effort into righting their wrongs. This being made clear on the website for the new sim is a good thing IMO. Obviously FSX isn't replacing the already very far along MSFS - this sort of panic is getting ridiculous. It also shouldn't be surprising that this update was FSX related considering the last update gave the FSX logo as a hint.

This also suggests to me that the release is still very far away (ie. later half of next year?) and they're using FSX as a way to prove their commitment to the series and its fans in the meantime.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Brandon Filer

26 minutes ago, irrics said:

It seems clear that MS reads these forums.

If that is true, and you are watching, please clarify for us what the FSX news does or does not actually mean.

You are scaring some of us that were ready for the future and to ditch the past completely. 

You scare way too easily.

"Hey guys. MSFS Team here. Now listen, we have to address the elephant in the room that is FSX. We know it did a lot to move the flight sim scene forward but we dropped the ball on it and broke a lot of promises. We acknowledge this so we're taking it back to make things right after all these years. We're far along in the development of FS2020 so getting the requisite improvements to FSX done won't impact the work done on the new sim. We'll let you know exactly how we plan on making it up to our FSX users in a future update"

That's pretty much what I gleaned from that. Yes, I was hoping for more details on 2020, but I have FSX in my SSD and I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do with it. This just shows me that Microsoft is REALLY serious about getting themselves back in the game and doing it right.

• Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

You scare way too easily.

No I don’t.

The failure here is their communication strategy.

They should be much more clear about the meaning of anything announced mentioning FSX, especially on that site and at this point in time  

Being misunderstood due to a lack of clarity is always a PR failure. 

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2