Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

About sloped (?) runways

23 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

There's no actual evidence whatsoever that the new sim is based on FSW, just speculative comments by people who have nothing to do with the development of the sim. That's unless, of course, you have an actual statement to that effect from MS.

As for sloped runways, as the old saying goes, "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". There are many important things that haven't been officially announced yet.

MatthewS is a troll who just wants to see the bad things. He seems to think that the game is already finished. He's probably afraid of a new simulator. A developer of xplane?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

As for sloped runways, as the old saying goes, "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". There are many important things that haven't been officially announced yet.

Most runways have some degree of undulation or "slope" in the real world. Do the real life runways at KLAX?  If so and we are not seeing "slope" in the screenshots then we can safely assume that FS2020 does not have sloping runways.

3 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

MatthewS is a troll who just wants to see the bad things. He seems to think that the game is already finished. He's probably afraid of a new simulator. A developer of xplane? 

Not a troll and not an xplane developer. IMO FS2020 does not feature sloping runways. If you have unequivocal evidence that it does then what is it?

Matthew S

4 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Most runways have some degree of undulation or "slope" in the real world. Do the real life runways at KLAX?  If so and we are not seeing "slope" in the screenshots then we can safely assume that FS2020 does not have sloping runways.

Not a troll and not an xplane developer. IMO FS2020 does not feature sloping runways. If you have unequivocal evidence that it does then what is it?

The development is far from complete. I'm not ready to talk to negative people like you are about that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pitbull2504 said:

The development is far from complete. I'm not ready to talk to negative people like you are about that. 

I'm disappointed too, but we just have to face it, the distinct lack of evidence suggests no sloping runways.

Matthew S

5 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I'm disappointed too, but we just have to face it, the distinct lack of evidence suggests no sloping runways.

Or the lack of evidence can suggest sloped runways. 😉

• Upvote 2

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

5 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I am not disappointed. MS is building a very good base. You write everything badly, although the development lasts. Stop speculating negatively and wait. The same topic also to the engine. You do not know anything and set up facts without basics. That will not do!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I have sloped runways in P3Dv4.5 LLH Creation LFHU Alpe d`Huez.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

20 minutes ago, Vindeballe said:

Or the lack of evidence can suggest sloped runways.

Well, you're out of my league. Thanks and goodnight!

Matthew S

3 hours ago, MatthewS said:

It's way too early to make judgments based on the extremely limited views they're showing us, which were probably done months ago. As someone else posted above, these preview images aren't aimed at flight sim nerds, they're for building hype in the gaming community overall.

What we actually need to know, is whether airports all over the world follow the terrain mesh with their runways (as in XP11), or if only a few hand-crafted airports have contoured runways, or if it's not possible at all because the sim doesn't support it.

We're not going to find out this early from a few promotional shots and video clips. Even if MS showed a nice contoured runway (I like that better than "sloped"), it would indicate it's possible, but not necessarily that it's an automatic terrain feature with all airports worldwide. If we get an actual Q&A with the developers, I'm sure this will be one of the questions asked. And then eventually if there's an open Beta or Early Access, someone will fly out to an airport like KAVX Catalina Island and check it out in person.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

threads like these make me feel sorry for MS.  They can show any feature asked for and at least one person will either not see it or choose to ignore it and then claim its not there.

there are none so blind...

why exactly isnt the original trailer enough evidence?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

8 hours ago, MatthewS said:

If so and we are not seeing "slope" in the screenshots then we can safely assume that FS2020 does not have sloping runways.

So, based on your interpretation (apparently not shared by many others) of a brief view of an indistinct image of a single runway from a pre-alpha trailer of the sim, you're able to determine that sloped runways will not be in the final product? You clearly have inside information! It's a little like the person who posted (continuously) a little while ago in these forums that, based on the same very short trailer, there could be no doubt whatsoever that this was not going to be a proper sim. I envy you both your unshakeable certainty.

Edited by vortex681
  • Like 3

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

8 hours ago, MatthewS said:

It will be interesting to see if FS2020 has airport and runway undulations. I got so accustomed to it in XP. In fact I just did a flight to KCRW with severe slopes.

I know it's a rather hard concept to grasp but the absence of evidence suggests there are no sloped runways in FS2020.

Check out the "hump" in 25L towards the far end of the runway.

The "hump" does not exist in the FS2020 screenshot (runway on the far left).

https://ibb.co/6nMpSMg

We can conclude that FS2020 does not have sloped runways. Sorry to disappoint you all...

Matthew S

23 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I know it's a rather hard concept to grasp but the absence of evidence suggests there are no sloped runways in FS2020.

Check out the "hump" in 25L towards the far end of the runway.

The "hump" does not exist in the FS2020 screenshot (runway on the far left).

https://ibb.co/6nMpSMg

We can conclude that FS2020 does not have sloped runways. Sorry to disappoint you all...

ok, you are awesome! I think that's your deal breaker. Now you're not interested in MSFS anymore, and you can go ahead with xplane.