Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

How should the ATC work?

This thread should serve MS to see how we understand ATC

What is important to you for a realistic ATC? Bad ATC makes me bored quickly.

For me, i think it is important to have realistic traffic (quantity)

• request headings (bad weather)
  • request directs
  • different approaching (VOR, ILS, ...)
  • SID/STARS
  • Holdings

ATC should give me a lot of instructions, I do not want to constantly have to follow my route.

Edited by Pitbull2504

I could think of a few...

HF for oceanic flight with the static in the background

local Transition Altitudes/levels (could be in the SDK for airport developers)

Metric units options for met information like visibility and cloud base

runway for takeoff/landing or approach request by pilot regardless of any preferential system

SID/ star's or even non standard departures ( direct routings after a sid or star was issued)

occasional runway inspection from ground vehicles would add to immersion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Aside from the aviation aspects, great speech synthesis and speech recognition.

In VR I don't want to have to type or grab controllers to click buttons.

• Upvote 3

What FSX had with the addition of SID/STARS would be enough for me to get going and have an idea of what it would be like in the real word. 
Anything else i fear will either be boring, a waste of development resources or overcomplicated for us playing a videogame on our PCs and the overall audience.

Edited by france89

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I am more concerned with the behaviour of AI planes in association with ATC instructions....

• No endless "stop/start/stop/start...." messages for AI planes following me on the ground.
  • Proper separation of aircraft on final approach
  • Realistic roll outs when landing
  • More consistent taxi speed (including sections of taxiway up to the runway threshold)
  • "Taxi into position and hold" for departing aircraft before an arriving aircraft has left the runway (unless another aircraft on final approach has already been cleared to land)
  • No stupid turnarounds on the grass to try and get back to an exit when there is a perfectly good exit a bit further down the runway
  • No landings short of the runway
  • Clearance to cross a runway immediately after an arriving/departing aircraft has passed.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

51 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

"Taxi into position and hold" 

And, of course, update to the latest phraseology since "position and hold" is now "line up and wait" 😉

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

I think getting too crazy with atc will turn off a lot off the newcomers who MS are trying to attract.  Myself, I've been simming for 20+ years and I know little about SIDs and STARs.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 hour ago, Pitbull2504 said:

ATC should give me a lot of instructions, I do not want to constantly have to follow my route.

On the flip side of this coin, the old ATC system would start vectoring for an approach a little too far out...and then proceed to give excessive repeated vectors. I'm guessing this was due to the vector assignment calculated by ATC not factoring ground track differences caused by winds aloft. It would be great to have that adjusted.

Chris

ATC should be CAP413 compliant please, no less...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

8 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I think getting too crazy with atc will turn off a lot off the newcomers who MS are trying to attract.  Myself, I've been simming for 20+ years and I know little about SIDs and STARs.

Maybe it is possible to adjust the difficulty.

• Upvote 1

I prefer FAA 7100.65, but yes. If using TTS, the differences are almost trivial to model.

Request deviation for weather, pronounce "American twelve sixty four, instead of "American one two six four.

• Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”