This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What are your most desired inclusions in MSFS

• Virtual Reality
    • Seasons
    • Rotorcraft
    • ATC
    • SDK

14 hours ago, rjfry said:

The testers have put out more follow up Videos which confirms this poll will make no difference no seasons and VR at launch, they have there hands full working on what`s in the final build that`s a long way from ready, hence the pre-alpha so sorry guys we have all dipped out, 2021 or 2022 may be. I will stay with what I have for now and watch it develop.

Just for the record, 100% of this post is speculation. 

3 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Just for the record, 100% of this post is speculation. 

Really? Substitute 'post' for 'thread(s)' and you'll be on the money. 😀

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Fact is, the vast majority of flight simmers do not use VR, MS knows this and no forum poll will change that fact.

In time we'll get 2nd gen headsets at affordable prices and affordable supporting hardware. I hope and believe that MS will support VR by then.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

43 minutes ago, Noooch said:

As someone here already said,  VR is a "must have" for only the few simmers who can afford it.

Headsets suitable for casual simmers sell for less than $200 from Microsoft’s own Windows Mixed Reality brand, just mentioning, and many hardcore simmers I’ve spoken to have been known to spend slightly more than that on equipment at times.

PC hardware could be more of an issue, since hardware that provides a good frame rate on a single 1080p monitor isn’t guaranteed to provide an acceptable frame rate in VR. Anyone playing in 4K or on a multi-monitor rig would likely be fine, though. 

2 hours ago, ArcTander said:

I cannot imagine a flight sim with a selling point of the photo real scenery NOT including VR for VFR.

the current generations of headsets are easily good enough for this. I spend 100% of my time in il2, Xplane, dcs in VR, and for me it is incomprehensible for ms to say fs2020 ‘might’ support VR.

110% agree. Well said. It’s gotta’ have VR from the get go to really pop. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

As someone here already said,  VR is a "must have" for only the few simmers who can afford it. It is not a "must have" at all for the vast majority of simmers, hardcore ones or not. It may be the future and it will be adressed in the future. The priority for Microsoft is to release the product in 2020 and to release it well. As you said, VR is not something which will be made in a few days and will need a lot of efforts et ressources. You should understand that ATC for example is inherent in aviation, it concerns almost everyone and you can t have any realism without it. I sincerely hope it will be treated as the number 1 priority by the team.

Most headsets are under $600(with the exception of a few ie index,pimax,vive pro)

Meanwhile folks easily spend what $1800 on 3 or more decent 1080p/1440p surround monitors???

Lets not even get into the cost of 3 or more 4K gaming monitors in surround folks are gonna want to experience the new MSFS in.

Thank you try again....

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

You should understand that ATC for example is inherent in aviation, it concerns almost everyone and you can t have any realism without it. I sincerely hope it will be treated as the number 1 priority by the team.

Absolutely agree. The devs only have so much time available so they should concentrate on features that will benefit the maximum amount of people.

• Like 3

Give people power to really test their personality.

XP and Aerofly are doing fine without seasons. 

It need not be there at launch if Asobo wants to push it a touch. 

Seasons will come though, I have no worries that they won’t. 

37 minutes ago, moogleslam said:

I'm not buying unless it has VR.

Same here, but wrt to helicopters.

I'm sure it will make an impression 😏

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

44 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Most headsets are under $600(with the exception of a few ie index,pimax,vive pro)

Meanwhile folks easily spend what $1800 on 3 or more decent 1080p/1440p surround monitors???

Lets not even get into the cost of 3 or more 4K gaming monitors in surround folks are gonna want to experience the new MSFS in.

Thank you try again....

You and I are not living in the same world.

Anyway I think your "need" for VR has been heard by now...

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

It's not about the headset but the way higher (hence expensive) PC power required to achieve an acceptable VR experience. 

• Like 2

-SDK: this is the main point for me, with excellent open and quality tools, the community and third parties will produce tiptop tools for us

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

It's not about the headset but the way higher (hence expensive) PC power required to achieve an acceptable VR experience. 

You might listen to the audio interview again.

It sounds like there’s performance that is still untapped in this engine. I don’t think a super computer is going to be necessary at all. 

Edited by irrics

3 minutes ago, irrics said:

I don’t think a super computer is going to be necessary at all. 

I never wrote that, and I suggest to read again what I wrote;  For VR you need a higher specs PC than without, nothing else.

Edited by FDEdev