Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

No support for TrackIR !?

52 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

It replaces mouse look, and can have added functionality like Z-axis (translation) so you don't just move your head in yaw, pitch, and roll axes, but you can also lean forward or back, for a closer view of cockpit instruments. So in addition to adding immersion, it means you no longer need to fuss with hat switches or mouse to look around the cockpit, and can use those controls for other things.

Cool, sounds good. So, i woulda thought in that case then TrackIR would at least have 'look' around capabilities assuming they have a free flowing look system bound to the mouse or whatever. And then i'm betting adding a z-axis for TrackIR would only be a matter of time, certainly going on how MS/Asobo are dealing with things so far.. i.e listening to us...

5 hours ago, scotchegg said:

If, by ‘anecdotal evidence’, you mean lots of people all saying they saw the same thing happen followed by the mods being persuaded that it was actually happening to the degree that they were prepared to lock / delete polls, then I wonder what kind of proof you feel you’re entitled to to trust it’s more than a ‘community myth’. The new registrations all voting for VR were embarrassingly obvious.

You only believe what you are told..and what does your "im a vr user myself" statement matter?

That's suppose to increase your credibility on obvious biases and sway discussions?

Last time I check we were all flight simmers...yet folks are trying to draw lines in sand.

Its quite obvious what's going on here..Ill leave it at that.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Just now, blueshark747 said:

I've yet to see one person bash TIR support in here...

Agreed.

I've seen some bashing of the TIR experience itself (myself included), but I think support should be there at some point (and I think it will be). 

There are some things not worth worrying about. This is one of those things.

TrackIR is not hard to implement and nearly every flight simulator out in the last 15 years has support for it. These guys aren't going to fully model icing and dynamic rainbows but then decide TrackIR is too difficult.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

Take note that in order to for instance look completely left you do not have to move your head completely left: the movements are enlarged (sorry, can't come up with the proper word for it).

The problem for me is that if the movement is big enough so that you can look 90deg to the sides (which is btw. way too little during a visual approach), it is too sensitive/fast for small movements along the panels in the VC:

If the movement is acceptable for panning in the VC, the left/right head turning is capability is even more restricted, which makes it even less useful.

It's a crutch, but for most it's better than the normal view switching. 

I don't want to fly a visual approach without being able to look (at least)  45deg back.  

Edited by FDEdev

38 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

The problem for me is that if the movement is big enough so that you can look 90deg to the sides (which is btw. way too little during a visual approach), it is too sensitive/fast for small movements along the panels in the VC:

If the movement is acceptable for panning in the VC, the left/right head turning is capability is even more restricted, which makes it even less useful.

It's a crutch, but for most it's better than the normal view switching. 

I don't want to fly a visual approach without being able to look (at least)  45deg back.  

This is not like that, you can adjust the curve as you like. 

For example you can create a dead zone in the center, then make the mouvements very smooth without the view barely moving around it, so you can scan your instruments or perform a checklist, and the more you go away from the center, the more the view is moving fast.

You just can't go wrong, every aspect is customizable.

It took me like 2 or 3 days to get used to it but that's all.

If you have your driving licence you will use the almost the same movements with your head as if you were driving in real life wich is great.

26 minutes ago, Noooch said:

...and the more you go away from the center, the more the view is moving fast.

If you have your driving licence you will use the almost the same movements with your head as if you were driving in real life wich is great.

This non-linear view movement is necessary with TIR, but it takes a lot to get used to this weird panning speed change.

I don't know how you are driving, but I never turn my head while keeping the eyes focusing straight ahead. Feels very awkward.

Even after a month I didn't get used to it and a happily switched back to my old fashioned linear moving 360deg FOV.   

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, irrics said:

And you know who would stay with P3D or XP?

I still stay with FS9, (partially) because it can support adjust seats with TrackIR, rather than P3D and XP

Seriously, I had fun with a off-road drive sim Spintires in only 3rd view, but when it's successor MudRunner ADDED cockpit view but without TIR support, I just quit it....

Both TrackIR and ChasePlane (some use EZDoc) are essential for me. The latter might still be 3rd party products, but MSFS needs to have the possibility to adjust views all over the virtual cockpit for them to work.

• Like 1

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

19 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

In XPlane, the XPRealistic and the XCamera Addon are a must have, they both have an option for you to avoid any conflict with TrackIR. More than that, with the latter, you can set a "limit point" which blocks the camera movement if your head is about to exit the cockpit so you really have the feeling the cockpit is solid and you can't go through its walls.

I use at the same time XPRealistic+ XCamera (free) + TrackIR, they are complementary, compatible with each other so you can enjoy the benefits of each one without any problem at all.

A properly set up and calibrated range of presets for different aircraft in Track IR is both a blessing and a curse.

A blessing because it allows you to really get your head in to the game - when set up properly the immersion is utterly complete in every way.

A curse, because once you've used it you can never go back.

Those who say they tried it and didn't like it most likely didn't take enough time to customise it up for themselves in the extensive but not overly-complex Track IR GUI settings.

Please, please please MS - implement Track IR. I can't fly without it.

Well, I can - but I really don't want to.

One two related topics 

- Did they say whether the new sim will support multi-display  ? 

- Have some of you tried the Trackhat (TIR suffers from an outrageous markup in France with a price of 219 EUR for the full set) ?

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just a suggestion:

If you don't like or use TrackIR, and don't work directly for the Microsoft FS program, please stay out of this particular appeal. This thread (as I see it), isn't about whether you dislike or misunderstand the device or how it works. It really is little of your business, is it?

This is about TrackIR and having it work natively in the new MSFS program and a conversation between those who would wish, or can assist it to be and to do so. If you disagree or are ambivalent or agnostic about TrackIR, please kindly reconsider staying clear.

Yes, each of us has the right to give our opinion as much as we want, on anything, but sometimes it is best just to read or listen to those who have something meaningful at stake. To some of us the inclusion of TrackIR is really important. Please MSFS, please hear our plea.

Thank you!

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

Edited by SpiritFlyer
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

This is about TrackIR and having it work natively in the new MSFS program and a conversation between those who would wish, or can assist it to do so. If you disagree or are ambivalent or agnostic about TrackIR, move along please.

So if you dislike it and want to share thoughts of feedback to MS/Asobo of “don’t waste too many resources on it right now - get to it later or by 3rd party add-on” you’re not allowed to contribute?

That is not how forums and feedback work, sorry. 

Edited by irrics
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

If you don't like or use TrackIR, and don't work directly for the Microsoft FS program, please butt out. This thread (as I see it), isn't about whether you like or understand the device or how it works. It is none of your business.

This is about TrackIR and having it work natively in the new MSFS program and a conversation between those who would wish, or can assist it to do so. If you disagree or are ambivalent or agnostic about TrackIR, move along please.

Hmmmm...... I want to use this argument in other threads and see how it goes......

Oh, wait......

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5