Sign in to follow this  
Greazer

Petition: Compatibility Mode for XP Aircraft

Well, I don't want any kind of compatibility mode, neither from ESP nor X-Plane.

I would like to see planes made from the ground-up using every feature the new SDK/platform can bring.

P.S.: I hope the ESP legacy mode they talked about won't be used by developers to implement their ported aircrafts to the sim. I hope they limit the use of it only for initial tests.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

No thanks forwards not standstill.

• Upvote 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

19 hours ago, Greazer said:

I think MSFT/Asobo should have a small team explore the development of a compatibility mode for XP Aircraft.

1. There are tonnes of quality freeware and payware XP aircraft, which would be a shame to see go to "waste".

2. Many thousands of XP users will be enticed to buy MSFS 2020 which will boost sales.

3. It brings more developers to MSFS platform.

4. It creates more available aircraft and better competition and prices for users.

5. The pro's far outweigh the development costs. In terms of priorities it's up there with VR or even higher.

Did you ask Austin what he thinks of these ideas?

This is not like an OS that you can embedded in another OS to get the benefits.

Even if its possible it will require and license for Laminar Research which will be a fat chance in (you know where) that will ever happen.

Forget about it.

Edited by BobFS88

No I dont want any 13year old Code in my shiny new simulator. I will purchase only addons that are FS2020 native.

Lukas Dalton