Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Microsoft Flight Simulator - X019 - Gameplay Trailer

59 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Oh my lord. Kleenex moment.

Some of that footage is indistinguishable from real world. Totally stunning.

On the Florence sequence - I spotted the café in the square where I had lunch 10 years ago.

10 hours ago, cepact said:

If their 747 has the basic functions to do a realistic flight with the FMC etc. I will say good bye to PMDG for good. I don't need to pay $200 dollars just to have failures maintenances and other functionalities that I bet nobody even uses 99% of the time.

It would be indeed a major shift if default aircraft are a good as top-tier payware but for the failure modules.

Something to keep in mind, until further notice, is that he didn’t say, if I am not mistaken, that the748 is a default aircraft. It could be in the sim as a DLC.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 hours ago, Baber20 said:

Highly doubt that. Pmdg only joined recently. And a 748 of that quality doesnt take days but years to develop.

You could draw the exact opposite conclusion. Because it takes years to develop such a plane, there is a chance it is the PMDG bird as it is ready made to be injected in the sim if the format is not too different (we already know that FS20 works with the legacy FSX flight modeling). Don't make me wrong, I don't know and don't say it is the case, but your own logic brings about two opposite conclusions, both making sense :smile:.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 hours ago, Kevin_28 said:

I wonder if the footage is from their xbox version or PC?

The team said several times that the Xbox version will be designed after the release of the PC version which is their priority.

Dominique

Awesome, fantastic don't belong to my vocabulary. I don't do in the hyperbolic.  But if they deliver what they show us now, at more than 30FPS, that may change 😎.

• Like 1

Dominique

What I heard in the linked interview is that there will be functional FMS but they’re leaving the deep dive system simulations to third party devs. 

1 hour ago, domkle said:

You could draw the exact opposite conclusion. Because it takes years to develop such a plane, there is a chance it is the PMDG bird as it is ready made to be injected in the sim if the format is not too different (we already know that FS20 works with the legacy FSX flight modeling). Don't make me wrong, I don't know and don't say it is the case, but your own logic brings about two opposite conclusions, both making sense :smile:.

You maybe right but I highly doubt 3rd party stuff is ever shown in game trailers. And in the developer interview of IGN, there was no mention of PMDG at all when the discussion of 748 was brought up. Kinda makes sense you know. Why pay a ton of money to Pmdg when they can do it themselves when all the data is available to them from Boeng itself. 

Edited by Baber20

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

12 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

You maybe right but I highly doubt 3rd party stuff is ever shown in game trailers. And in the developer interview of IGN, there was no mention of PMDG at all when the discussion of 748 was brought up. Kinda makes sense you know. Why pay a ton of money to Pmdg when they can do it themselves when all the data is available to them from Boeng itself. 

Doesn't PMDG also have some agreement with Boeing ?  

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Intrigued by the longish rectangular fields (?) at the 1'13" mark and by the city at the 1'29" mark. Anybody has an idea what they are ?

Dominique

1 hour ago, domkle said:

Or... and this is just more imprecise speculation... what if Microsoft/Asobo (MS/AS) purchased/leased the rights to use PMDG's Queen of the Skies as their launch default Boeing aircraft and guaranteed PMDG a small piece of the pie or a significant lump sum.  Would be lucrative for PMDG.  That way MS/AS could market it as their own in the release.  In case you missed it with PMDG's recent 737-NGXu release, they are all-in developing the NGX for MSFS.  It looks a bit like they are already in discussion with MS/AS, so who knows. 

In any event, this is all good.  We now know a major study-level aircraft developer is committed, and the others are sure to follow.

Edited by dmiannay
  • Like 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

2 minutes ago, dmiannay said:

Or... and this is just more imprecise speculation... what if Microsoft/Asobo (MS/AS) purchased/leased the rights to use PMDG's Queen of the Skies as their launch default Boeing aircraft and guaranteed PMDG a small piece of the pie or a significant lump sum.  Would be lucrative for PMDG.  That way MS/AS could market it as their own in the release.  In case you missed it with PMDG's recent 737-NGXu release, they are all-in developing the NGX for MSFS.  It looks a bit like they are already in discussion with MS/AS, so who knows. 

In any event, this is all good.  We now know a major study-level aircraft developer is committed, and the others are sure to follow.

Could very well be. My point is that we are at a point where all the pieces of information we have, can lead to different explanations, all very plausible.  Being carried away by the one we wish is a temptation :wink:.

• Like 1

Dominique

Just now, domkle said:

Could very well be. My point is that we are at a point where all the pieces of information we have, can lead to different explanations, all very plausible.  Being carried away by the one we wish is a temptation :wink:.

I completely agree, but as humans we love to speculate.  It is all in fun, my friend.  I have zero insider knowledge, but sure am enjoying this wave of enthusiasm building towards release sometime next year.  Very exciting times for the flight sim community!

• Like 2

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Just now, dmiannay said:

I completely agree, but as humans we love to speculate.  It is all in fun, my friend.  I have zero insider knowledge, but sure am enjoying this wave of enthusiasm building towards release sometime next year.  Very exciting times for the flight sim community!

Yes, indeed. It is good fun ! 

Allow me to do some cheap and corny psychology. The Asobo team radiates enthusiasm,  you feel that they want to do good. The positive vibes ripple through the whole flightsim community.

• Like 4

Dominique

1 minute ago, domkle said:

Yes, indeed. It is good fun ! 

Allow me to do some cheap and corny psychology. The Asobo team radiates enthusiasm,  you feel that they want to do good. The positive vibes ripple through the whole flightsim community.

Your diagnosis is right-on!  They do radiate excitement and it is contagious.  None of us knows what the future may bring, but this ride sure is enjoyable.

• Like 1

Doug Miannay